Turn Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2015

3.2

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Turn.

Interview

came in for an onsite after going through the phone screen and a phone interview. of the 5 interviewers, only one of them was actually likeable and nice. the others.... condescending and clueless of what questions to ask me. really rude for an interviewer to, instead of clarify a question, roll his eyeballs and say "whatever". almost tops the other rude interviewer who came smelling like a ashtray and not knowing what questions to ask at all. the question he does come up with is what animal would I be? what kind of people do you hire, turn?

Finance Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Turn in June 2015.

Interview

The hiring manager directly emailed to set up a phone interview within a day of applying online.
    The second phone interview was with a peer who couldn't stop talking about her own achievements. She said the interview went great and my profile was almost the same as hers and that I fit the position. But, she was very guarded and her responses felt like she thought I might become a competition to her if I am hired into the team.
    It was a little weird that she kept asking me for financial formulas and not much else. It was not a junior position and knowing the formulas without concepts was not going to help. Again, it felt like she was trying to insult or diminish my experience to feed more purpose to her existence.
    Did not hear back from anyone after the second phone interview.

Credit Collections Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Turn (Redwood City, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was brought in for one interview with two people and was called back for an interview with three people, process and feedback were positive. The problem came when they promised to call me as it was said during the second interview I was a fit, Fast forward two weeks and no call or email, only a posting on a media site. So four hours of interviews and a promise to contact me. This is a huger red flag.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Turn.

Interview

Telephone technical interview, involves coding via google doc. First asked two conceptual questions about internet browsers and testing in general, very reasonable. Then write some code for some search problem.

Software Engineer, Distributed Systems Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Turn (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Overall, slow hiring process, no HR during the process. Unexpected interview feedback. First contacted by an engineer who asked general questions and got back next day for the second interview. The second interviewer did not respond emails for a long time which raised a question on their seriousness in hiring. After a good second phone interview, got rejected unexpectedly.

Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Turn.

Interview

I applied online and got feedback in one week. It was a phone interview. They did not care any of your background. They just started by asking you a program question or may like a brain teaser, and it is not what I had expected. I have been through a few interviews, and none of them like this one. The person enjoys humiliating interviewer, as my opinion.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Turn (Redwood City, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

No HR screening. Interviewer was engineering manager who contacted me to set up a technical interview. Looking at the pictures of the Redwood City branch, I could already tell they love foreign workers. I was greeted to a man who had a very thick accent. Asked very basic questions which I was able to answer, but when it came to the larger technical questions, he was unclear and I had to repeatedly ask him to repeat himself. Not a pleasant experience and lots of red flags raised.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Turn.

Interview

Applied online and got an email from HR. Had a phone interview with one of their engineer. Question was easy but I wasnt prepared so I couldnt get an offer.

Sales Interview

Interview

Following a lengthy recruitment cycle from sales management, there were seven in-person interviews, with multiple departments across several regions. The people I interviewed with were all very intelligent and eventually sold me on taking the position. The process ended with a final interview over the phone with the CEO.

Front End Developer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Turn.

Interview

applied through job score and got mail from site manager for 1:1 interview.started explaining about the company and went on to technical interview.questions were easy at beginning about algorithms and went on to difficult level where I gave up.