1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Account Service Representative Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting in May 2011.

I contacted Turner to find out the testing schedule for the ASR position. They test for the position every other week and upon reviewing my background I was invited to attend the next media math testing the following week. I arrived at the location in my suit, as all the other candidates, and waited for to be called up for the media math test. The recruiter told us how much time we had to complete the test, then passed out the test, scratch paper and scan-tron and told us to put away our cell phones and left the room. That was it. The test was fairly easy but time consuming b/c of the graphs and charts, etc.. And for some reason, I was triple checking my answers (literally) as I completed them instead of waiting until I completed the entire test first b/c I thought I had enough time to do that but w/o my cell phone I had no way of knowing how much time had elapsed. So when she came back in the room to tell us we had 5 min left, I was only halfway done with the test!! I panicked and guessed the rest of my answers b/c I didn't know if I were to leave them blank or if they would count against me if I left them blank. I went to an art school and none of my tests were on scantron. My exams were projects. Ex., I would have to build a flash website in 1 hour for my final exams and from what I did recall of scantron tests in High School, it was better to put something than nothing. The recruiter came back in the room and called time and told us she would be in contact with us in 1 week to let us know our results. She also assured us that most people do well on the test enough to get a call back. To me, that means most ppl must leave them blank and I started to panic. As I exited the building, I called my friend who was a former ASR and he said that I should have left them blank. I was kinda bummed that no one told me that. I mean that's not common sense to me. I found out a week later that I did not do well enough on the test to move forward but that I can reapply in 6 months. Bummer!

Interview Questions