Turner Broadcasting Account Service Representative Interview Questions

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Turner Broadcasting in February 2010.

Interning there really helped - gained some ground with employee referral.

You do have to take a mediocre math aptitude test - percentages and simple formulaic expressions.

Interview was with 2 direct account supervisors - questions were geared towards background and skills that you could bring to the department. You may also meet with some of the Account Executives on the sale side. Those interviews are not really difficult, but, some curve balls can be thrown at you. For example, an AE may say 'you don't have the personality to do this sort of work.' That is a total test to see if you balk or just simply agree with them - stand your ground and be confident as to why you can benefit the organization - sales takes guts and confidence most times.

Customer Service is a key aspect, so, expect that "if you were faced with a difficult customer/client, how would go about solving issue x, y, or z,"question.

Otherwise, the interview process was not that difficult.

Other Interview Reviews for Turner Broadcasting

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Turner Broadcasting in December 2011.

Applied to the position online, but also had a former employee send my resume directly to HR.
    After the referral, got a reply right away, and was scheduled to take a media math test, which consisted of 20 MC math questions: mostly % change, % of total, reading graphs and charts (bar, line, pie). Was told I'll have the results (pass/fail) within the week, but was called 2 days later for an interview with division A. It went really well: I spoke to two ASR supervisors who were really sweet: the asked basic HR questions, but we shared some laughs. Overall, these ladies had a great attitude. Next, silence. For almost 3 weeks. I was then called for a first interview with division B. Same deal, but it didn't go as well; I just didn't think it was a good fit, and I was right: I got a generic rejection email within 2 days, and thought, that's it, I'm done. I then get a call from division A for a second interview. I was brought in the next day to talk to an AE. That went well: almost like a pitch. Within a week I got an email and call to tell me that they will proced with a background check. That took about 3-4 days, an dI had to verify some discrepancies for them. In the meanwhile, my references were called. After speaking to my third reference, I got a call with the offer.

Interview Questions
    Wasn't able to negotiate anything. Starting salary was lower than I expected/requested

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Turner Broadcasting in February 2011.

1st got an email to take a media math exam. Got a call the day after to come in for a 1 on 1, which was very laid back. Was told it was the beginning of the interview process, so it may take some time. Emailed them a month later to inquire. Got a generated response an hour afterward saying I didn't get it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Turner Broadcasting in April 2010.

The hiring process was very thorough. You have to take a basic media math test - in which the results are available within 1 week. I was called the next day (after taking the exam) for an interview the following week. I met with two supervisors, who questioned me on my background and general interest in the job and field. It was a stress-free interview - very laid back. About a week later, I was told that my references would be checked. My references were GRILLED about my integrity and work habits - please make sure you have you references in tact. After the reference check, I received a phone call for another interview. This time I met with an Account Executive - these are the individuals responsible for bringing the clients and money to Turner. The interview went well - it reminded me of a sales pitch....in other words I had to present a pitch about myself and why I was a great candidate for the position. After the interview, my background was thoroughly check (education, previous employers and etc) - no drugs test and within a week of the 2nd interview - I was hired. The process took about 1 month.

Account Service Representative Interview

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Turner Broadcasting in May 2011.

They require a mandatory math media test before your interview process can even begin. The test consists of numerous word problems that require basic math skills. If you do well enough on the test they will invite you in for an interview. I was interviewed by both a sales planner and account supervisor. They both asked questions back and forth. Some were pretty basic, but some definitely through me for a loop. Just be on your toes.

Account Service Representative Interview

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Turner Broadcasting in January 2011.

Applied via the Turner Website, but it's tough to get an interview unless you have a contact within the company. The first phase of the process is a math media test. The math on the test is basic and straight forward, just take time to fully read the questions and know what information they are looking for. I then had a phone interview with HR, which lead to my resume being passed onto the hiring manager for the position. I went in and met with two Account Supervisors who drilled me with the basic interview questions (strengths, weaknesses, where you want to be in 5 years) and faired pretty well. A week and a half passed before I heard back for a second interview. Went in again and meet with an Account Executive. This phase was more of a back and forth conversation, didn't really get the standard interview questions. I'm assuming the Account Executive was trying to gauge whether or not I was a good fit, opposed to the Account Supervisors who were trying to get a feel of whether or not I was capable of doing the work. It took 3 weeks to hear back that I wasn't offered the position, but by that point I had pretty much assumed as much.

The process seemed very long and dragged out. It was tough to get a straight answer from the people I followed up with, in terms of where they were in the hiring process. I wish the process was a little more transparent for the applicants.

Interview Questions

Worked for Turner Broadcasting? Contribute to the Community!