Turner Broadcasting

Updated Dec 6, 2014

2.9

Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

Interviewed with person who they were replacing in this role, she was moving up in the company and my immediate boss. Questions were of normal variety, why do you want to work here, what can you bring to the job.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations at this level.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting in September 2014.

I applied online and received a phone call from a recruiter. After the phone call, I completed an online interview that included a standardized set of questions that asked about my previous experience, my knowledge, my skills, why I was interested in the position, and my future career goals. After this, I received a phone interview with the manager of the department and was later called in for a face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to work in a team setting and there was a conflict. How was it resolved? What role did you play? Do you think teamwork is effective?   Answer Question

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source – interviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

One interview, face to face. I had an internal referral. I might not have been the best fit but got in based on that.
    I was overdressed for the position, Interviewer was professional and we got along well.
    Overall a positive experience that provided me with more direction in my search

Global Mobility and Relocation Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting in June 2014.

I applied on-line via Turner website. Got the first screening call in 3 weeks after the application, follow up call in 2 weeks scheduling interview. Had an interview with 3 interviewers. Most of the questions are behavioral, i had really pleasant experience at the interview. The whole interview took about 2 hours.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was 'What keeps you awake at night?' i was never asked that question before at the interview.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting in April 2014.

Long process. With little knowledge on where the process is headed. I had to keep a close touch with the recruiting team to understand my positionin the interview process. It took a good 3 months for them to make a decision

None at all

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting in March 2014.

I got a telephone call about one week after I applied online. I was asked a bunch of questions ranging from professional to slightly personal (nothing too deep, just likes/dislikes, where you're from, went to college, etc.) over the course of about 15-20 minutes. The top of the salary range was $50k at that time, but it was obvious that they didn't really want to pay that much as the conversation progressed. I was told my resume would be pushed to the next level/person and to expect a call to schedule an in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary really. They did want a detailed/lengthy explanation of all the duties performed at each position listed on my resume, some dating back 20 years. The information on the resume needed to be fully explained.

I guess the most difficult question was when they gave a salary range and asked what I was looking for, I chose a number close to the top of that range based on my experience. I now understand this is a "no-no" in job hunting these days but I had just gotten back into the hunt after 10 years in the same position and what they offered was still $15k less than I was making.

I was asked would I consider taking less. When I refused, they asked why.

View Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting in March 2014.

Interview process was very simple. I applied online and after a few weeks received an e-mail from HR letting me know I had been selected for an interview. One week later I had a phone interview with HR lasting about half an hour. It was very simple and mostly behavioral. Asking briefly about my qualifications and background in analytics. Following that I was notified I had moved onto the final round. I was scheduled for a phone interview with the hiring manager the following week. The second phone interview was also mostly asking about qualifications and background before moving into conversation about the specific position. The interview lasted half an hour and the following week I heard back I had got the position.

On Air Ops Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

4 rounds phone then manager then senior manager then meet VP

Interview Questions
    There wasn't one it was a set based salary take it or leave it.

Satellite Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting in November 2013.

I had two calls from a recruiter before the interviewer called (3 calls total) and then was scheduled to interview on a Wednesday. Interview process was pretty straight forward though long (almost 2 hours). Was called back and offered the job the following week. Started 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • No real unexpected questions. All seemed pretty textbook. The technical questions were pretty easy too and just seemed to clarify that I knew what said I knew on my resume.   Answer Question
    They offered me more than I was expecting and the benefits and PTO were already amazing so I accepted on their terms.

Maintenance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

HR contacted me quickly with the initial phone screening. Once that was completed, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager for my position. This interview contained the bulk of technical questions pertaining to my experience and the position. I was called in for an in person interview a week later, which reiterated my experience as well as consisted of many personality questions. You will work with a wide array of individuals, so you need to prove you can fit in with anyone..if you cannot be honest. Once the offer is extended a background check will be completed.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was truly unexpected but you need to be honest in all of your responses, even if it might seem potentially negative at the time.   Answer Question
    I had an offer on the table from another company, but knew this was the place I wanted to be. I mentioned the offer and countered a very reasonable salary. It was accepted.