Turner Broadcasting Digital Services Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

2 interviews

4.0

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Digital Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Turner Broadcasting in February 2012.

1 pre-interview over the phone with a few very easy questions, followed by a math test. Then the first in person interview was with a Supervisor. Next visit involved meeting with three other employees in other departments that I'd be working with. Final interview was over the phone with other Supervisor and Manager. They called the day after that interview to offer the job.

Interview Questions
  • What's your favorite movie? It caught me off guard and my answer is, Silence of the Lambs. Didn't want to seem like a serial killer…but they hired me anyway.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Turner Broadcasting

Digital Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Turner Broadcasting in March 2012.

I was initially contacted by HR via email notifying me that my credentials matched for two possible job openings at Turner, but I had to take a basic math test before I could advance to an interview. Although math is not my strength (and I scrambled a bit at the end when I found out we only had ten minutes left), I got a call about four days later letting me know I passed. While on the phone with HR, they gave me a brief screening asking basic questions such as, why would I be interested in the DSR position, do I like sports (Sports Illustrated is a main focus of the job), how does my previous professional endeavors relate, etc. I was then told that I was officially submitted for the position and if the department supervisor felt that I was a fit for an interview, I would get a call. Sure enough, later that day I received an email from the supervisor requesting an interview that week. I went in at the end of the week and met with the Digital Services Supervisor and they asked me questions regarding my work experience. I was asked where I see myself in five years, and how i thought I would fit into the organization based on my previous experiences. The interview lasted about an hour and I was told that they would be in touch. Later that same day I received an email from the other supervisor requesting a phone interview with that supervisor and their manager the following day. They called me the next day and we chatted for about 20 minutes, asking questions about my experience, why would I thrive in digital services and a curveball--what was my favorite movie. At the end of the conversation I was told that they would have a decision within 7-10 days as there was an immediate need to fill the position. The next week on Monday I received an email from the supervisor requesting that I come in and meet with the Director and possibly another supervisor or manager. I went in that Wednesday and met with the Director, Trafficking supervisor and Sales Manager. Each asked questions about my abilities to fulfill the position, why was I interested in Turner, what was my familiarity with Turner and their product, and how my experience would allow me to excel. Luckily I had prepared myself thoroughly and knew the job description well, so I was able to successfully relate my experience to what the position would require of me. I was told that all the people I met with would get together to discuss my interviews and I would know soon due to the desire to fill the position quickly. Later that evening, I received a call from the supervisor officially offering me the position and I accepted. They said I would require a background check to verify my previous employment and as soon as that cleared, I could begin. Although the questions required creativity and preparedness, every single person I met with was very friendly and only strengthened my interest in pursuing a career at Turner. Very positive experience overall (and I actually turned down another job offer at CBS to work at Turner as well).

Interview Questions

Worked for Turner Broadcasting? Contribute to the Community!