Turner Broadcasting Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call from a recruiter. After the phone call, I completed an online interview that included a standardized set of questions that asked about my previous experience, my knowledge, my skills, why I was interested in the position, and my future career goals. After this, I received a phone interview with the manager of the department and was later called in for a face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work in a team setting and there was a conflict. How was it resolved? What role did you play? Do you think teamwork is effective?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Turner Broadcasting

Intern Interview

Interview

The recruiter emailed me first to schedule a phone interview and two weeks later the hiring manager interviewed me also by phone. They basically asked questions about experiences on the resume and talked about the responsibilities of the position. They made a decision a week later. The whole process was pretty quick.

Interview Questions

• The interview was pretty standard with 2-4 behavior questions and without extremely unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

Worked with a recruiter who knew my interests and suggested the position. Since I'd interned there before, I'd built a good relationship with the department and it helped communicate my interests. Overall, interview experience was enjoyable and I felt welcomed and more interested in the position by the end of it.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in writing and design?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

They are very delayed in calling to schedule an interview, but after that the process is very smooth. The interview was mostly behavioral/situational questions. Be prepared for one that is totally off the wall!

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in September 2013.

Interview

Interviewed at an accounting student conference. Interview was mostly behavioral questions and 1 accounting question about straight line depreciation. Pretty simple. Interview took about an hour. Next step will be a panel interview if selected. They will choose 12 summer interns and offer about 4 full time positions after the internship

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to solve a problem at work/ school without any guidance or help.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I interviewed for the NCAA.com Digital Media internship program after graduation. The process was initially quick, and I received a phone screen and then another call to come in for an interview. After the interview, I was told it would take a couple weeks to hear back, but I went about a month before I heard anything. Finally, I was notified via email that I did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Questions were pretty standard...come prepared to talk about your favorite website.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

Interview

This was a fairly easy interview. Make sure to speak well and know about the station you are applying to.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They gave me an offer and I accepted. Interns can't negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I submitted my resume and created a profile on the Time Warner website. Then I emailed the production manager/intern coordinator to follow up on the position. I got a phone interview during which they asked me what shows I watched, what I wanted to get out of the internship, and what my availability would be. Pretty standard I guess. Then I was invited in for an in-person interview. They rehashed the phone interview questions and discussed what my job duties would be. Then we just talked about animated shows and a local heavy metal band. That was about it. It really just seemed like they wanted to see if I was cool enough to work there, which I guess I was because they hired me.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

The atmosphere of the company was good. Everyone was warm and welcoming. I first was introduced to the senior financial analyst who briefly gave me an overview of the company and then I was interviewed by the person I would be working directly under. There were a lot of behavior questions and questions about your knowledge of the company.

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Gainesville, FL) in October 2011.

Interview

At my university we had to submit a resume and cover letter online and Turner Broadcasting picked a certain number of students to interview in a day. Each interview was scheduled to be 30 minutes. The interviewer was 30 minutes late to the career fair and was in very casual attire. Her questions were not very difficult but after the interview is complete they do not contact students in any way. If you are interested in a position you still have to apply online and supposedly after the applications are received the recruiters cross-reference resumes from campus interviews with online applicants. If the company liked the campus interview AND you apply online, they will push you through to the secondary interview later (again supposedly). There is no feedback given and even though I had a great interview with a relevant resume to the job description it is irrelevant unless I go through the generic online application process like everyone else. Seems like a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• What are you interested in at Turner Broadcasting?   1 Answer
    • What kind of experience did you get at ___________ (from something on my resume)?   Answer Question
    • What shows do you like to watch?   Answer Question
    • What kind of social media are you familiar with? (only because of the internship I applied for)   Answer Question