Turner Broadcasting

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Turner Broadcasting

Interview Details – The recruiter emailed me first to schedule a phone interview and two weeks later the hiring manager interviewed me also by phone. They basically asked questions about experiences on the resume and talked about the responsibilities of the position. They made a decision a week later. The whole process was pretty quick.

Interview Question – The interview was pretty standard with 2-4 behavior questions and without extremely unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source - interviewed at Turner Broadcasting in September 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed at an accounting student conference. Interview was mostly behavioral questions and 1 accounting question about straight line depreciation. Pretty simple. Interview took about an hour. Next step will be a panel interview if selected. They will choose 12 summer interns and offer about 4 full time positions after the internship

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to solve a problem at work/ school without any guidance or help.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Turner Broadcasting

Interview Details – I interviewed for the NCAA.com Digital Media internship program after graduation. The process was initially quick, and I received a phone screen and then another call to come in for an interview. After the interview, I was told it would take a couple weeks to hear back, but I went about a month before I heard anything. Finally, I was notified via email that I did not receive an offer.

Interview Question – Questions were pretty standard...come prepared to talk about your favorite website.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

Interview Details – This was a fairly easy interview. Make sure to speak well and know about the station you are applying to.

Interview Question – What is the best viral campaign you've ever seen?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They gave me an offer and I accepted. Interns can't negotiate.

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and interviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume and created a profile on the Time Warner website. Then I emailed the production manager/intern coordinator to follow up on the position. I got a phone interview during which they asked me what shows I watched, what I wanted to get out of the internship, and what my availability would be. Pretty standard I guess. Then I was invited in for an in-person interview. They rehashed the phone interview questions and discussed what my job duties would be. Then we just talked about animated shows and a local heavy metal band. That was about it. It really just seemed like they wanted to see if I was cool enough to work there, which I guess I was because they hired me.

Interview Question – What is your favorite show?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Turner Broadcasting in February 2012.

Interview Details – The atmosphere of the company was good. Everyone was warm and welcoming. I first was introduced to the senior financial analyst who briefly gave me an overview of the company and then I was interviewed by the person I would be working directly under. There were a lot of behavior questions and questions about your knowledge of the company.

Interview Questions

Gainesville, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Turner Broadcasting in October 2011.

Interview Details – At my university we had to submit a resume and cover letter online and Turner Broadcasting picked a certain number of students to interview in a day. Each interview was scheduled to be 30 minutes. The interviewer was 30 minutes late to the career fair and was in very casual attire. Her questions were not very difficult but after the interview is complete they do not contact students in any way.

If you are interested in a position you still have to apply online and supposedly after the applications are received the recruiters cross-reference resumes from campus interviews with online applicants. If the company liked the campus interview AND you apply online, they will push you through to the secondary interview later (again supposedly).

There is no feedback given and even though I had a great interview with a relevant resume to the job description it is irrelevant unless I go through the generic online application process like everyone else. Seems like a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• What are you interested in at Turner Broadcasting?   View Answer
  • What kind of experience did you get at ___________ (from something on my resume)?   Answer Question
  • What shows do you like to watch?   Answer Question
  • What kind of social media are you familiar with? (only because of the internship I applied for)   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Turner Broadcasting in November 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed with Turner Broadcasting for their accounting and finance internships. I was initially recruited during a career fair then interviewed on campus a few weeks later. Then they invited me to interview at the CNN Center in Atlanta. They set all of the candidates up in the OMNI Hotel and then interviewed us with four back to back interviews the following day. Each interview lasted about an hour.

Interview Question – Describe a specific problem you solved for your employer or professor. How did you approach the problem? What role did others play? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Turner Broadcasting in August 2010.

Interview Details – It was the first round of interview with the Campus recruiter so i don't know yet if i'm been moved to the next round.

Interview Question – Why do want to do an internship with Turner Broadcasting?   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Turner Broadcasting in May 2010.

Interview Details – Mine was one of 4 resumes submitted by the T. Howard Foundation to MTV hiring managers in the Content Distribution and Marketing Department. After 3 weeks of reviewing resumes, I was contacted to arrange a phone interview. I was given a range of dates and asked what time blocks worked for me. Within a day, I was contacted with a firm interview date and time. I was interviewed by 3 people (one associate, a manager, and a director). The interview lasted 15min and I was notified of my acceptance in 3 days.

Much like the department's culture, my interviewers were fun, friendly, and firm. They emphasized an interest in someone who was genuinely inquisitive, resourceful, and upbeat.

Interview Question – What are your favorite shows?   View Answer

Worked for Turner Broadcasting? Contribute to the Community!