Turner Broadcasting Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.9

Production/Studio Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Upfront questions. Not hard. You have to think if its meant to be than its meant to be. Have a postive attitude. Smile, firm handshakes. Look confident. When you interview at jobs, it's like going out onto a battlefield and you don't know what the outcome will be. If you do your homework, you will succeed. Oh, and don't forget to network!

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I recieved a call from the recruiter after spesking to her we both felt that the role could be great fit so we set up a face to face screening with the hiring manager and from there found that the role was a great fit.
    The next few interviews were lengthy first meeting with the hiring manager and the some members from the team in this interview i was given a case study 45 minutes to prepare and 30 minutes to present and answer questions. The case study was not related to Turners process or workflows however consisted issues emcountered by others companies with shipment and distribution. After this interview i met with the SVP and VP of the departemts and found that the role was sn even better fit then expected. All of the individuals involded in the hiring process made me feel comfortable. There were no tricks they really wanted to know if i would help them or bring something to the team if value.

Interview Questions

• Recieve Case study and typical interview questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

PR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Did an online interview which was a pre-recorded person asking questions which I had three attempts to answer. A couple weeks later I got an email that said my resume was passed on to the next round. I received another email from the PR department in Atlanta who arranged a phone interview. The phone interview was with two people, both girls, who were pretty nice & laid back. The questions were pretty easily & predictable, & at the end they asked if I had any questions for them. They told me the would let me know by Wednesday of the next week. I didn't get the internship, but I emailed back & forth with one of them a few times & she encouraged me to apply again. They we're really nice & straightforward.

Operations Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online through the academic society job board (INFORMS). After 5 days, HR person emailed me to set up a 30 minute phone screening interview. Since it was a phone screening interview, I expected to get a call from one of the HR team. But the call was actually from the operations research team. He said that there will be more screening interviews for other applicants for next several weeks. But I haven't heard back from anyone.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer asked me to describe my dissertation work. Then, choose two areas of expertise that I believe to be best at. It was a general phone screening interview.   Answer Question

PR, Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewed via video. I answered about nine pre-recorded questions. I recorded my answers and was able to retry each question twice. I was asked why I wanted to work for Turner, what my greatest achievement was, and to go over my resume. There were nine total questions, but some were simple like, "How are you today?" or "Do you have anything you would like to add?" Fairly easy questions.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Miami, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Recruiter interviewed me first overt the phone, asked me about my previous experience and directed me to fill an online application, then she set-up an in person interview with hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• How my previous experience relates to the position that I was interviewing for?   Answer Question

IT Business Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

Interview

Process took a few weeks to get lined up for an on-site interview. Turner typically works through on-site, contracted recruiters. Once I got the interview, it was a series of interviews, typically 3-4 "blocks" of time, with multiple people in the room. Case studies are almost always included as part of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Case study was about the business side of a bakery business. I had to read the case study, ask any questions, then the interviewers left the room for 30 minutes while I worked on my solutions to the case. I used the entire whiteboard space in the interviewing room! There's no right or wrong answer, I learned. Just some answers are better than others. The objective is to see how the person can think on their feet, given the time constraints.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Relatively simple. Turner offers great benefits.

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

Interview

The interview was fairly easy. There were basic questions about SQL, Java and Unix. I felt the interview went well. About 2 days later I was contacted by my Recruiter informing me that the interview went fairly well but they were looking for something more. Which was really vague. Wasn't really any detailed feedback

Interview Questions

• What is the command to connect to another host in Unix?   3 Answers

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

Very straight forward interview. They want to make sure that you will fit into the team first and foremost. Make sure to do your research and be prepared because they will want to know why you want to be in sales.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview was great. They asked a series of questions about different scenarios relating to accounting. If you are weak minded, then this is not the job for you. They expect for you to be creative and idealistic. It's not just the fact to have an accounting degree. You have to be so much more than that.