Turner Broadcasting Interview Questions

2.9

/Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Troy, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Turner Broadcasting in July 2013.

Applied through a University career connector, went in for an interview, the whole thing was unprofessional. The manager told me I reminded him of his daughter, which was weird. He casually mentioned following up with me the next week if I was selected, I mentioned I would be in Europe, and suddenly he was very interested. He kept calling me the whole trip, seeming more interested in the fact that I was in Europe than anything, but still making me believe I was in consideration. Then, after scheduling all those interview during my trip, with time difference, I return home and email the secretary and they said there no longer is an internship, they decided not to do one after all. I interviewed again with the company the summer after my college graduation and whoever it was they had scheduling interviews was so outright hostile to me that I decided not to even bother. I told her I was available all but one day the following week to interview and she got very mad at me, asking why I couldn't do that one day, saying if I was "really dedicated" I would do ANY day, never mind the fact that my mother was in the hospital. Good riddance.

Sales Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

I applied for this position with help from an employee, was contacted by the recruiter and had a small phone interview to discuss my skills and experience. I was then contacted by them again and scheduled an in-person interview which I accepted. After the initial interview, I was notified that there was a hiring freeze. This was the second time this had happened to me with this company! Anyway, about five months later, I was contacted again for my second interview with a panel of three people. About a week later, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any extraordinarily difficult question. Most of them were pretty basic and required me to give examples of when I'd done 'this' and how I would have handled 'that.'   Answer Question

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source - interviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

One interview, face to face. I had an internal referral. I might not have been the best fit but got in based on that.
    I was overdressed for the position, Interviewer was professional and we got along well.
    Overall a positive experience that provided me with more direction in my search

Production Assistant Interview

I interviewed at Turner and the process lasted 4 days. In my interview, there were three people. We discussed my previous experience, academic experiences and my future goals. Also, I was asked what were my favorite television shows and why? I enjoyed the interview because it wasn't tense. My interviewees were quite funny and very personable.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Turner Broadcasting in April 2014.

Long process. With little knowledge on where the process is headed. I had to keep a close touch with the recruiting team to understand my positionin the interview process. It took a good 3 months for them to make a decision

None at all

Sales Assistant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

I was first contacted by a recruiter for a phone call. Then, a few weeks later I had a phone call with the team for my first interview. I had 2 more interviews after that, all in the same week, where I was able to speak to almost everyone on the team. Overall interview process from first phone interview to the time I was hired was about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were pretty straightforward and expected

Why do you want to work for us?
      What makes you stand out from other applicants?
      What was a challenge you faced in previous job?
        Answer Question

Global Mobility and Relocation Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Turner Broadcasting in June 2014.

I applied on-line via Turner website. Got the first screening call in 3 weeks after the application, follow up call in 2 weeks scheduling interview. Had an interview with 3 interviewers. Most of the questions are behavioral, i had really pleasant experience at the interview. The whole interview took about 2 hours.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was 'What keeps you awake at night?' i was never asked that question before at the interview.   Answer Question

Public Relations Coordinator Interview

The process took 4 months - interviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

Behavioral focused questions: great recruitment team. they are trained to weed out people who just want to get it (and they wont make it past the first round).

it's all about relationship so make it a point to connect with the employer

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to truly know the brand you're applying for   Answer Question

Intern Interview

The recruiter emailed me first to schedule a phone interview and two weeks later the hiring manager interviewed me also by phone. They basically asked questions about experiences on the resume and talked about the responsibilities of the position. They made a decision a week later. The whole process was pretty quick.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was pretty standard with 2-4 behavior questions and without extremely unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Turner Broadcasting in December 2010.

Varies from position to position.

I just accepted.

Worked for Turner Broadcasting? Contribute to the Community!