Turner Broadcasting Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.9

Account Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

Interview

I was referred to the company by an employee. The first interview was over the phone with a recruiter followed by an in person math test and interview with 2 supervisors from different divisions. The interview process was fairly easy as this position is entry level

Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews - both over the phone and in-person. The interview process lasted 2 weeks, once setting up the initial interview. The interview questions were straightforward, relating to skills and experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting in June 2015.

Interview

I initially applied for the program in February and heard back from my recruiter in May. My first interview was a Ustream that asked a ton of questions about writing for digital platforms. Two weeks later, I got a call from a recruiter about a phone interview. The interview was short and very social. It has since been five weeks and I haven't heard anything back. It's safe to say I didn't get the internship but it would be great if my recruiter would email me back.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared for them to ask you a question from the job description. The Ustream asked me about my experience. You know, the usual "tell me about yourself." I was also asked to describe some of the projects that I've worked on.   Answer Question

Account Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I managed to get in contact with an employee working at Turner Broadcasting and discussed her role and experience in the Sales department at Turner Broadcasting. A few days later I got an email asking me to take the math assessment test and apply for the position within 72 hours of receiving the email. About a week later I received an email congratulating me on passing and scheduled a time to talk to an HR representative at the company. I did a phone screening and went through two rounds of in person interviews. After the two interviews, which were both about a week a part, I was asked to fill out a background check. Another week later I received an offer! Overall I had a great experience interviewing for this company.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay organize when balancing a lot of different tasks.   1 Answer

Production/Studio Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Upfront questions. Not hard. You have to think if its meant to be than its meant to be. Have a postive attitude. Smile, firm handshakes. Look confident. When you interview at jobs, it's like going out onto a battlefield and you don't know what the outcome will be. If you do your homework, you will succeed. Oh, and don't forget to network!

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I recieved a call from the recruiter after spesking to her we both felt that the role could be great fit so we set up a face to face screening with the hiring manager and from there found that the role was a great fit. The next few interviews were lengthy first meeting with the hiring manager and the some members from the team in this interview i was given a case study 45 minutes to prepare and 30 minutes to present and answer questions. The case study was not related to Turners process or workflows however consisted issues emcountered by others companies with shipment and distribution. After this interview i met with the SVP and VP of the departemts and found that the role was sn even better fit then expected. All of the individuals involded in the hiring process made me feel comfortable. There were no tricks they really wanted to know if i would help them or bring something to the team if value.

Interview Questions

• Recieve Case study and typical interview questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

PR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Did an online interview which was a pre-recorded person asking questions which I had three attempts to answer. A couple weeks later I got an email that said my resume was passed on to the next round. I received another email from the PR department in Atlanta who arranged a phone interview. The phone interview was with two people, both girls, who were pretty nice & laid back. The questions were pretty easily & predictable, & at the end they asked if I had any questions for them. They told me the would let me know by Wednesday of the next week. I didn't get the internship, but I emailed back & forth with one of them a few times & she encouraged me to apply again. They we're really nice & straightforward.

PR, Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewed via video. I answered about nine pre-recorded questions. I recorded my answers and was able to retry each question twice. I was asked why I wanted to work for Turner, what my greatest achievement was, and to go over my resume. There were nine total questions, but some were simple like, "How are you today?" or "Do you have anything you would like to add?" Fairly easy questions.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Everyone that I met during the interview process was very friendly and made me feel good about the job I was going for. It was, however, a very long process. I did 4 interviews for a low level position, usually with a week in between. Even with the long wait, I had an excellent experience. No trick questions, friendly interviewers and recruiters, and everyone I spoke to was enthusiastic and kind.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to juggle a lot of different responsibilities. How did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Operations Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online through the academic society job board (INFORMS). After 5 days, HR person emailed me to set up a 30 minute phone screening interview. Since it was a phone screening interview, I expected to get a call from one of the HR team. But the call was actually from the operations research team. He said that there will be more screening interviews for other applicants for next several weeks. But I haven't heard back from anyone.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer asked me to describe my dissertation work. Then, choose two areas of expertise that I believe to be best at. It was a general phone screening interview.   Answer Question