Turner Broadcasting

Updated Jan 11, 2015
Updated Jan 11, 2015

2.9

Java Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

The interview was fairly easy. There were basic questions about SQL, Java and Unix. I felt the interview went well. About 2 days later I was contacted by my Recruiter informing me that the interview went fairly well but they were looking for something more. Which was really vague. Wasn't really any detailed feedback

Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

Interviewed with person who they were replacing in this role, she was moving up in the company and my immediate boss. Questions were of normal variety, why do you want to work here, what can you bring to the job.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations at this level.

Marketing Interview

Fairly simple interview process - it is much easier to interview if you are based in ATL. Interviewers were friendly and didn't take unnecessary time to see if you were or weren't the right fit for the job.

Interview Questions
    • as long as you've read up on the company, this shouldn't really be an issue   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

After 4 interviews I finally got hired. During my on boarding process I was not taken on any tour like most new hires, just shown my cube and told to start working.

Interview Questions
    They sent me a take it or leave it offer. I wanted in so I take the offer.

Research Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

It is video interview with 10 questions and you can try each question twice. You may encounter some technical problem but the team is 24/7 basis and really helpful to solve your problem.

CAD Designer Interview

Went trough three interviews meeting everyone I'd be working for and with. I got a great impression of the place, but one of the managers I was to support made my job very difficult and eventually was the reason I lost my position.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate a slightly higher salary.

Digital Ad Trafficker Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

Long process - interviewed once on the phone, twice in one week in person, team seemed very excited to meet with me, I was as well. The company then went on a hiring freeze and I heard nothing from them for months. Finally one simple email came saying they were passing. Kind of rude considering it cost me well over $900 in travel expenses to interview for them and no sort of accommodations were made on their part.

Interview Questions
    • If they were to call your previous supervisors, what would they say are your best qualities?   Answer Question

T3 Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

Process took about a week to two weeks. Called by a recruiter to schedule the phone screening with the hiring manager/someone in the department I would be working in. The questions were pretty straightforward, BUT YOU HAVE TO KNOW THE DEPARTMENT YOU'RE WORKING FOR. It was a pretty positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • Name three things that happened in the NBA Summer League.   Answer Question

Technical Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

The content of the interview will vary depending on the department and hiring manager, but the universal rule is that HR will make things slow and difficult. Whenever possible, deal directly with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do in your first 30, 60 and 90 days in the role?   Answer Question
    Negotiation is possible, but try to avoid HR, They don't always know what the hiring manager is willing to be flexible on.

Sales Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

I applied for this position with help from an employee, was contacted by the recruiter and had a small phone interview to discuss my skills and experience. I was then contacted by them again and scheduled an in-person interview which I accepted. After the initial interview, I was notified that there was a hiring freeze. This was the second time this had happened to me with this company! Anyway, about five months later, I was contacted again for my second interview with a panel of three people. About a week later, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any extraordinarily difficult question. Most of them were pretty basic and required me to give examples of when I'd done 'this' and how I would have handled 'that.'   Answer Question