Turner Broadcasting Interview Questions

Updated Sep 23, 2014
Updated Sep 23, 2014

2.9

Senior Producer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

It takes up to six months to get an internal move. Very slow

I was internal -- they told me "this is what you are getting"

On Air Ops Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

4 rounds phone then manager then senior manager then meet VP

Interview Questions
    There wasn't one it was a set based salary take it or leave it.

Assistant Planner Interview

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

The interview process is very intense and has many steps. They want to get to know your personality (since you will be working on teams) and grill you about your past experience. The interview is very formal. They will have you interview with 2-3 people at a time, and they might ask you the same questions.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask how much you know about their product and brands. Make sure you study up on this.   Answer Question

Satellite Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Turner Broadcasting in November 2013.

I had two calls from a recruiter before the interviewer called (3 calls total) and then was scheduled to interview on a Wednesday. Interview process was pretty straight forward though long (almost 2 hours). Was called back and offered the job the following week. Started 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • No real unexpected questions. All seemed pretty textbook. The technical questions were pretty easy too and just seemed to clarify that I knew what said I knew on my resume.   Answer Question
    They offered me more than I was expecting and the benefits and PTO were already amazing so I accepted on their terms.

Maintenance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

HR contacted me quickly with the initial phone screening. Once that was completed, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager for my position. This interview contained the bulk of technical questions pertaining to my experience and the position. I was called in for an in person interview a week later, which reiterated my experience as well as consisted of many personality questions. You will work with a wide array of individuals, so you need to prove you can fit in with anyone..if you cannot be honest. Once the offer is extended a background check will be completed.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was truly unexpected but you need to be honest in all of your responses, even if it might seem potentially negative at the time.   Answer Question
    I had an offer on the table from another company, but knew this was the place I wanted to be. I mentioned the offer and countered a very reasonable salary. It was accepted.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

Long time, interviewed with all department heads and President

easy

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source - interviewed at Turner Broadcasting in September 2013.

Interviewed at an accounting student conference. Interview was mostly behavioral questions and 1 accounting question about straight line depreciation. Pretty simple. Interview took about an hour. Next step will be a panel interview if selected. They will choose 12 summer interns and offer about 4 full time positions after the internship

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to solve a problem at work/ school without any guidance or help.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

Phone call with basic screen and casual questions on resume. Live interview in 2-3 visits before offer. I sat in a room & took a test, & then meet with peers, then a few supervisors, possible colleagues.

Interview Questions
    • Various javascript, jquery, css questions. Familiarity with svn (GUI or commandline).   View Answer

Sales Team Assistant Interview

Had an initital phone call with recruiter from Alabama, just a screening with very basic questions. Next was called into the office in NY to have an interview with who would be my direct boss. Was very quick, only about 25 minutes as he didn't have many questions at all.

Digital Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Turner Broadcasting in August 2013.

Short phone interview, and then was informed about an in-person interview after 4 business days. The interview was very short, just simple questions. Supposed to have a analyst test but they did not propose anything. Just escorted me out and that was it. Do not think I will get an offer

Interview Questions
    • What is your perspective on mobile platform in terms of the future of media industry   Answer Question