Turner Broadcasting

Updated Dec 15, 2014

2.9

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source – interviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

One interview, face to face. I had an internal referral. I might not have been the best fit but got in based on that.
    I was overdressed for the position, Interviewer was professional and we got along well.
    Overall a positive experience that provided me with more direction in my search

Production Assistant Interview

I interviewed at Turner and the process lasted 4 days. In my interview, there were three people. We discussed my previous experience, academic experiences and my future goals. Also, I was asked what were my favorite television shows and why? I enjoyed the interview because it wasn't tense. My interviewees were quite funny and very personable.

Freelance - Generalist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting in August 2014.

I reached out to Turner Broadcasting via email, and quickly received a response with in a week. They happened to be having interviews the next week, so turn around was very quick. Everyone at Turner was very welcoming from first entering the building, to the HR rep and artists part of the interview. The clothing attire around the studio was business casual.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were fairly common questions, with the interviews looking for a well rounded 3D artist.   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

I was first contacted by a recruiter for a phone call. Then, a few weeks later I had a phone call with the team for my first interview. I had 2 more interviews after that, all in the same week, where I was able to speak to almost everyone on the team. Overall interview process from first phone interview to the time I was hired was about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were pretty straightforward and expected

Why do you want to work for us?
      What makes you stand out from other applicants?
      What was a challenge you faced in previous job?

Answer Question

Global Mobility and Relocation Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting in June 2014.

I applied on-line via Turner website. Got the first screening call in 3 weeks after the application, follow up call in 2 weeks scheduling interview. Had an interview with 3 interviewers. Most of the questions are behavioral, i had really pleasant experience at the interview. The whole interview took about 2 hours.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was 'What keeps you awake at night?' i was never asked that question before at the interview.   Answer Question

Public Relations Coordinator Interview

The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

Behavioral focused questions: great recruitment team. they are trained to weed out people who just want to get it (and they wont make it past the first round).

it's all about relationship so make it a point to connect with the employer

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to truly know the brand you're applying for   Answer Question

Intern Interview

The recruiter emailed me first to schedule a phone interview and two weeks later the hiring manager interviewed me also by phone. They basically asked questions about experiences on the resume and talked about the responsibilities of the position. They made a decision a week later. The whole process was pretty quick.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was pretty standard with 2-4 behavior questions and without extremely unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting in April 2014.

Long process. With little knowledge on where the process is headed. I had to keep a close touch with the recruiting team to understand my positionin the interview process. It took a good 3 months for them to make a decision

None at all

Digital Media Producer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting in April 2014.

Contacted Via Email, had two drive in interviews to Atlanta Office. Had an interview with multiple people from different teams, some asked personal questions, others asked more technical questions regarding my ability to fulfill the position. Overall a pleasant experience, replies were prompt and hiring managers are very friendly and understand that you might be nervous, etc.

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting in March 2014.

I got a telephone call about one week after I applied online. I was asked a bunch of questions ranging from professional to slightly personal (nothing too deep, just likes/dislikes, where you're from, went to college, etc.) over the course of about 15-20 minutes. The top of the salary range was $50k at that time, but it was obvious that they didn't really want to pay that much as the conversation progressed. I was told my resume would be pushed to the next level/person and to expect a call to schedule an in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary really. They did want a detailed/lengthy explanation of all the duties performed at each position listed on my resume, some dating back 20 years. The information on the resume needed to be fully explained.

I guess the most difficult question was when they gave a salary range and asked what I was looking for, I chose a number close to the top of that range based on my experience. I now understand this is a "no-no" in job hunting these days but I had just gotten back into the hunt after 10 years in the same position and what they offered was still $15k less than I was making.

I was asked would I consider taking less. When I refused, they asked why.

View Answer