Turner Broadcasting

Updated Jan 26, 2015
Updated Jan 26, 2015

2.9

Digital Media Producer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting in April 2014.

Contacted Via Email, had two drive in interviews to Atlanta Office. Had an interview with multiple people from different teams, some asked personal questions, others asked more technical questions regarding my ability to fulfill the position. Overall a pleasant experience, replies were prompt and hiring managers are very friendly and understand that you might be nervous, etc.

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting in March 2014.

I got a telephone call about one week after I applied online. I was asked a bunch of questions ranging from professional to slightly personal (nothing too deep, just likes/dislikes, where you're from, went to college, etc.) over the course of about 15-20 minutes. The top of the salary range was $50k at that time, but it was obvious that they didn't really want to pay that much as the conversation progressed. I was told my resume would be pushed to the next level/person and to expect a call to schedule an in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary really. They did want a detailed/lengthy explanation of all the duties performed at each position listed on my resume, some dating back 20 years. The information on the resume needed to be fully explained.

I guess the most difficult question was when they gave a salary range and asked what I was looking for, I chose a number close to the top of that range based on my experience. I now understand this is a "no-no" in job hunting these days but I had just gotten back into the hunt after 10 years in the same position and what they offered was still $15k less than I was making.

I was asked would I consider taking less. When I refused, they asked why.

View Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting in March 2014.

Interview process was very simple. I applied online and after a few weeks received an e-mail from HR letting me know I had been selected for an interview. One week later I had a phone interview with HR lasting about half an hour. It was very simple and mostly behavioral. Asking briefly about my qualifications and background in analytics. Following that I was notified I had moved onto the final round. I was scheduled for a phone interview with the hiring manager the following week. The second phone interview was also mostly asking about qualifications and background before moving into conversation about the specific position. The interview lasted half an hour and the following week I heard back I had got the position.

Senior Producer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

It takes up to six months to get an internal move. Very slow

I was internal -- they told me "this is what you are getting"

On Air Ops Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

4 rounds phone then manager then senior manager then meet VP

Interview Questions
    There wasn't one it was a set based salary take it or leave it.

Assistant Planner Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

The interview process is very intense and has many steps. They want to get to know your personality (since you will be working on teams) and grill you about your past experience. The interview is very formal. They will have you interview with 2-3 people at a time, and they might ask you the same questions.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask how much you know about their product and brands. Make sure you study up on this.   Answer Question

Satellite Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting in November 2013.

I had two calls from a recruiter before the interviewer called (3 calls total) and then was scheduled to interview on a Wednesday. Interview process was pretty straight forward though long (almost 2 hours). Was called back and offered the job the following week. Started 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • No real unexpected questions. All seemed pretty textbook. The technical questions were pretty easy too and just seemed to clarify that I knew what said I knew on my resume.   Answer Question
    They offered me more than I was expecting and the benefits and PTO were already amazing so I accepted on their terms.

Maintenance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

HR contacted me quickly with the initial phone screening. Once that was completed, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager for my position. This interview contained the bulk of technical questions pertaining to my experience and the position. I was called in for an in person interview a week later, which reiterated my experience as well as consisted of many personality questions. You will work with a wide array of individuals, so you need to prove you can fit in with anyone..if you cannot be honest. Once the offer is extended a background check will be completed.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was truly unexpected but you need to be honest in all of your responses, even if it might seem potentially negative at the time.   Answer Question
    I had an offer on the table from another company, but knew this was the place I wanted to be. I mentioned the offer and countered a very reasonable salary. It was accepted.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

Long time, interviewed with all department heads and President

easy

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source – interviewed at Turner Broadcasting in September 2013.

Interviewed at an accounting student conference. Interview was mostly behavioral questions and 1 accounting question about straight line depreciation. Pretty simple. Interview took about an hour. Next step will be a panel interview if selected. They will choose 12 summer interns and offer about 4 full time positions after the internship

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to solve a problem at work/ school without any guidance or help.   Answer Question