Turner Broadcasting

100 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Coordinator Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Turner Broadcasting in April 2013.

Interview Details – Several phone interviews and in-person interview. During the in-person interview I was asked the same questions that I had answered over the phone. Hiring manager and director showed up in jeans and hiring manager had on a sweatshirt -- so very unprofessional. Couldn't wait to leave the interview and didn't want to work there -- a waste of gas and parking fees.

Interview Question – tell about a time you made a business decision you regret (my answer should have been: showing up to this interview)   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – unprofessional at in-person interview.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Turner Broadcasting in September 2009.

Interview Details – Phone Interview with recruiter. In-Person interview with hiring manager. In-Person interview with Director of department. Offer made. Whole process takes about 6 weeks.

Interview Question – Typical Project Management Interview where you explain your background and past experiences.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was told there was no room for negotiation. Also they do not negotiate on PTO days.

Sales Assistant Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

Interview Details – Very short phone interview. Recruiter was late calling. Usual questions and felt really good about my answers. Said that we would "be in touch". Never called. I attempted to call the recruiter and left a message to please call back regarding where they were in the hiring process. Still did not get a call back. Only realized I did not get the position because I saw that the online position listing was gone. Very unprofessional.

Interview Question – What would your past supervisor say about you?   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

Interview Details – This was a fairly easy interview. Make sure to speak well and know about the station you are applying to.

Interview Question – What is the best viral campaign you've ever seen?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They gave me an offer and I accepted. Interns can't negotiate.

Director Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

Interview Details – I had met the hiring manager about a year before my desired position was posted. I was given a heads up to keep my eyes open for something, and also that once the position was posted, they couldn't talk to me any more. After I applied for the position, I was asked to submit a case study on whether or not the company should launch online games, and if so, should they be built in house, or out sourced, and why, in two pages or less. After submitting the case study, I was invited in for a day of interviews where I met with an HR representative, two SVP executives, the CTO and a peer. A few weeks later I was made an offer. End-to-end from the time the position was posted till I started working was probably three months.

Interview Question – Case study with a 24 hour turn around time requested.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Several of us in the newly formed group were underwhelmed with the level of support and information coming from the HR representative, and felt that the information we were given was misleading. Had I to do it again, I would want to negotiate directly with the hiring manager and get things in writing.

Encoding Specialist Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Turner Broadcasting in June 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the recruiter, who asked some questions on my employment background. She determined I was qualified and informed me someone will be contacting me to schedule a phone interview w/the Hiring Manager.

Interview 1 (phone) - 30 min phone interview. Went well, established a good rapport.

Interview 2 (in-person) - Cancelled because the hiring manager called into work. Re-scheduled for 2 weeks later because the Hiring Manager was scheduled to go on vacation. When I finally met her in person, she met with me 15 mins after my scheduled time. She didn't remember anything about me, so I had to go over EVERYTHING we went over at the last interview. I also met with her Director, which was fine. He was very professional.

Interview 3 (in-person w/VP) - Contacted 2 weeks after interview 2, to be scheduled for another 2 weeks. I was contacted the day before interview 3 to change the time, no big deal. The VP was awesome. The Hiring Manager was in the room as well, but was playing with her phone the entire time. At the end of the interview the VP informed me that they were pushing the Hiring Manager to hurry and make a decision because the process was going longer than they wanted. They both assured me I would know their decision in 2 weeks or less.

2.5 weeks later, I still hadn't heard. I emailed the Manager and she never returned my email, so I decided to call her. When I spoke to her she seemed surprised that I called her and told me I'll find out in 2 more weeks. The next day I was contacted by HR letting me know that 3 people already accepted offers for the jobs they were hiring for.

I'm a former Turner employee and have never dealt with a process that was so disorganized and unprofessional. It was very obvious how inexperienced the hiring manager was.

Intern Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and interviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume and created a profile on the Time Warner website. Then I emailed the production manager/intern coordinator to follow up on the position. I got a phone interview during which they asked me what shows I watched, what I wanted to get out of the internship, and what my availability would be. Pretty standard I guess. Then I was invited in for an in-person interview. They rehashed the phone interview questions and discussed what my job duties would be. Then we just talked about animated shows and a local heavy metal band. That was about it. It really just seemed like they wanted to see if I was cool enough to work there, which I guess I was because they hired me.

Interview Question – What is your favorite show?   Answer Question

Technical Manager Interview

Technical Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Turner Broadcasting in February 2008.

Interview Details – There was a single phone screen with the hiring manager, then a set of face to face interviews. It was a mix of technical staff, peer managers, and the hiring manager. The sessions lasted from 30 minutes to an hour each, and it was a total of 8 people. It was a mix of roughly half technical and half managerial/cultural/fit/etc.

Interview Question – I was asked how I would handle an extremely visible and important event that was comping up for the company.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was a fair offer, so there was very little negotiating. I countered with a small increase which was accepted.

Assistant Interview

Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Turner Broadcasting in May 2012.

Interview Details – Was a very easy interview process. People were great. Nothing too surprising or challenging was asked

Interview Question – Be sure to know information about the company   Answer Question

Administration Interview

Atlanta, GA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Turner Broadcasting in June 2012.

Interview Details – Very professional and pleasant experience with HR recruiter and team. Their follow-up was timely and efficient. First contact was with a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. We spoke for about 20 minutes. The recruiter was very professional and friendly. Second phone interview two weeks later with the department manager who was also professional and very nice. I was notified two weeks later that they were moving forward with another applicant. Overall, great experience.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you made a major business error   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Turner Broadcasting