Turner Broadcasting Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014
Updated Oct 16, 2014

2.9

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

This was a fairly easy interview. Make sure to speak well and know about the station you are applying to.

Interview Questions
    They gave me an offer and I accepted. Interns can't negotiate.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

I had met the hiring manager about a year before my desired position was posted. I was given a heads up to keep my eyes open for something, and also that once the position was posted, they couldn't talk to me any more. After I applied for the position, I was asked to submit a case study on whether or not the company should launch online games, and if so, should they be built in house, or out sourced, and why, in two pages or less. After submitting the case study, I was invited in for a day of interviews where I met with an HR representative, two SVP executives, the CTO and a peer. A few weeks later I was made an offer. End-to-end from the time the position was posted till I started working was probably three months.

Interview Questions
    Several of us in the newly formed group were underwhelmed with the level of support and information coming from the HR representative, and felt that the information we were given was misleading. Had I to do it again, I would want to negotiate directly with the hiring manager and get things in writing.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting in February 2013.

Very very technical interview, from language specifics to problem solving.
    Asked the "1 mile south, 1mile west, 1 mile north question"
    Asked the "5 people max in bathroom question"
    Asked to pseudo-code Factorial method.

Interview Questions
    • Asked where on planet can you go 1mi South, 1mi West and 1mi North and end up at same point.   Answer Question

Got a better offer elsewhere

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

I submitted my resume and created a profile on the Time Warner website. Then I emailed the production manager/intern coordinator to follow up on the position. I got a phone interview during which they asked me what shows I watched, what I wanted to get out of the internship, and what my availability would be. Pretty standard I guess. Then I was invited in for an in-person interview. They rehashed the phone interview questions and discussed what my job duties would be. Then we just talked about animated shows and a local heavy metal band. That was about it. It really just seemed like they wanted to see if I was cool enough to work there, which I guess I was because they hired me.

Encoding Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting in June 2012.

I was contacted by the recruiter, who asked some questions on my employment background. She determined I was qualified and informed me someone will be contacting me to schedule a phone interview w/the Hiring Manager.

Interview 1 (phone) - 30 min phone interview. Went well, established a good rapport.

Interview 2 (in-person) - Cancelled because the hiring manager called into work. Re-scheduled for 2 weeks later because the Hiring Manager was scheduled to go on vacation. When I finally met her in person, she met with me 15 mins after my scheduled time. She didn't remember anything about me, so I had to go over EVERYTHING we went over at the last interview. I also met with her Director, which was fine. He was very professional.

Interview 3 (in-person w/VP) - Contacted 2 weeks after interview 2, to be scheduled for another 2 weeks. I was contacted the day before interview 3 to change the time, no big deal. The VP was awesome. The Hiring Manager was in the room as well, but was playing with her phone the entire time. At the end of the interview the VP informed me that they were pushing the Hiring Manager to hurry and make a decision because the process was going longer than they wanted. They both assured me I would know their decision in 2 weeks or less.

2.5 weeks later, I still hadn't heard. I emailed the Manager and she never returned my email, so I decided to call her. When I spoke to her she seemed surprised that I called her and told me I'll find out in 2 more weeks. The next day I was contacted by HR letting me know that 3 people already accepted offers for the jobs they were hiring for.

I'm a former Turner employee and have never dealt with a process that was so disorganized and unprofessional. It was very obvious how inexperienced the hiring manager was.

Billing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting in June 2012.

Very interesting concepts and strategies used by hiring managers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you faced a challenge at work?   Answer Question
    • What is your best learning style and how will it effect your work?   Answer Question

Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting in June 2012.

Very professional and pleasant experience with HR recruiter and team. Their follow-up was timely and efficient. First contact was with a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. We spoke for about 20 minutes. The recruiter was very professional and friendly. Second phone interview two weeks later with the department manager who was also professional and very nice. I was notified two weeks later that they were moving forward with another applicant. Overall, great experience.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting in May 2012.

Was a very easy interview process. People were great. Nothing too surprising or challenging was asked

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting in May 2012.

Got an email from the recruiter to select a phone interview time. She called me on time and walked thru my resume and asked me a few questions in the end she told me about the company and role. I wasn't a fit but she gave me great advice.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting in April 2012.

My first interview was a phone screen with one of the recruiters. They focused on determining whether I met the basic requirements of the job. I then had a phone interview with the VP. He was very personable and wanted to find out more about my skills. We had an in person interview shortly thereafter, and it went very well - but it came down to me and one other candidate who simply had stronger qualifications. I was told that the interviewer would gladly be a reference for me for another position at the company. All-in-all, a good experience despite not getting the offer.