Turner Broadcasting

Updated Dec 15, 2014

2.9

Digital Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting in August 2013.

Short phone interview, and then was informed about an in-person interview after 4 business days. The interview was very short, just simple questions. Supposed to have a analyst test but they did not propose anything. Just escorted me out and that was it. Do not think I will get an offer

Interview Questions
    • What is your perspective on mobile platform in terms of the future of media industry   Answer Question

Summer Project Assistant (Ad Sales Intern) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

I applied online to Turner's Ad Sales internship after being referred by a current employee and family friend. I was contacted a few weeks later by email to set up a phone interview. The phone interview only lasted approximately 15 minutes and a few weeks later I received the internship offer.

Interview Questions
    • Not many difficult questions, but there were a lot of "Tell me about a time when..." type questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I interviewed for the NCAA.com Digital Media internship program after graduation. The process was initially quick, and I received a phone screen and then another call to come in for an interview. After the interview, I was told it would take a couple weeks to hear back, but I went about a month before I heard anything. Finally, I was notified via email that I did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were pretty standard...come prepared to talk about your favorite website.   Answer Question

/Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Turner Broadcasting in July 2013.

Applied through a University career connector, went in for an interview, the whole thing was unprofessional. The manager told me I reminded him of his daughter, which was weird. He casually mentioned following up with me the next week if I was selected, I mentioned I would be in Europe, and suddenly he was very interested. He kept calling me the whole trip, seeming more interested in the fact that I was in Europe than anything, but still making me believe I was in consideration. Then, after scheduling all those interview during my trip, with time difference, I return home and email the secretary and they said there no longer is an internship, they decided not to do one after all. I interviewed again with the company the summer after my college graduation and whoever it was they had scheduling interviews was so outright hostile to me that I decided not to even bother. I told her I was available all but one day the following week to interview and she got very mad at me, asking why I couldn't do that one day, saying if I was "really dedicated" I would do ANY day, never mind the fact that my mother was in the hospital. Good riddance.

Ad Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

Everyone that I spoke to was really nice and loved their jobs and working for Turner in general. While I had a positive experience with everybody I spoke to, it was almost a 3 month long process of getting hired from my first interview to the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • What did you enjoy the most and dislike the most about your previous job and how did you handle what you didn't like.   Answer Question

Dsr Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Turner Broadcasting in May 2013.

Once passing the media math exam I was asked to come in for an interview with CNN for an available DSR position. I met with 2 younger aged executives - one male one female. They seemed very ill prepared for the interview. They asked me to tell them a bit about myself and then asked if I had any questions for them. In my questions for them, I flat out asked if they wanted to know anything else about me and they said no. It didn't seem like they had previously viewed my resume before meeting, and it was very early in the morning and they seemed very tired and overall uninterested. After the interview, I was escorted out by the male interviewer. He was heading to a different floor while I was heading to the lobby. When the door opened, he walked right out without acknowledging me or saying goodbye as I was preparing for another handshake and thank you. It was very awkward.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Turner Broadcasting in May 2013.

Applied online. For a phone call from a recruiter at Turner after about a month. She asked a few basic questions regarding my experience and emailed me back with a request for phone interview with the manager. The phone interview went well, recruiter called back in 2 days requesting for an in-person interview with a 6-person group. The interview panel was great, they were very respectful and asked questions relevant to the position and my experience. They did not ask me syntax and coding questions like I was a rookie. After meeting with the team, I also met with the hiring manager (that I had the phone interview with) and the director, all of which went pretty well. Overall, I felt very good about all the interviews.
    I was hoping to hear back from them with a status/feedback. I called the recruiter after 5 business days and for a feedback she said that the team very much enjoyed meeting with me but that she did not have any other update at that point. After that I have not heard back from the recruiter, its been more than 3 weeks now. I am not entirely sure what to make of this especially after a good interview. I am not expecting a call after all these days, but I wish they were professional enough to provide me some kind of a feedback after 4 rounds of interview.

Business Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting in April 2013.

Several phone interviews and in-person interview. During the in-person interview I was asked the same questions that I had answered over the phone. Hiring manager and director showed up in jeans and hiring manager had on a sweatshirt -- so very unprofessional. Couldn't wait to leave the interview and didn't want to work there -- a waste of gas and parking fees.

Interview Questions
    • tell about a time you made a business decision you regret (my answer should have been: showing up to this interview)   Answer Question

unprofessional at in-person interview.

Sales Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

Very short phone interview. Recruiter was late calling. Usual questions and felt really good about my answers. Said that we would "be in touch". Never called. I attempted to call the recruiter and left a message to please call back regarding where they were in the hiring process. Still did not get a call back. Only realized I did not get the position because I saw that the online position listing was gone. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • What would your past supervisor say about you?   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

This was a fairly easy interview. Make sure to speak well and know about the station you are applying to.

Interview Questions
    They gave me an offer and I accepted. Interns can't negotiate.