Turner Broadcasting

Relevance Date Difficulty

Encoding Specialist Interview

Encoding Specialist
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Turner Broadcasting in June 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the recruiter, who asked some questions on my employment background. She determined I was qualified and informed me someone will be contacting me to schedule a phone interview w/the Hiring Manager.

Interview 1 (phone) - 30 min phone interview. Went well, established a good rapport.

Interview 2 (in-person) - Cancelled because the hiring manager called into work. Re-scheduled for 2 weeks later because the Hiring Manager was scheduled to go on vacation. When I finally met her in person, she met with me 15 mins after my scheduled time. She didn't remember anything about me, so I had to go over EVERYTHING we went over at the last interview. I also met with her Director, which was fine. He was very professional.

Interview 3 (in-person w/VP) - Contacted 2 weeks after interview 2, to be scheduled for another 2 weeks. I was contacted the day before interview 3 to change the time, no big deal. The VP was awesome. The Hiring Manager was in the room as well, but was playing with her phone the entire time. At the end of the interview the VP informed me that they were pushing the Hiring Manager to hurry and make a decision because the process was going longer than they wanted. They both assured me I would know their decision in 2 weeks or less.

2.5 weeks later, I still hadn't heard. I emailed the Manager and she never returned my email, so I decided to call her. When I spoke to her she seemed surprised that I called her and told me I'll find out in 2 more weeks. The next day I was contacted by HR letting me know that 3 people already accepted offers for the jobs they were hiring for.

I'm a former Turner employee and have never dealt with a process that was so disorganized and unprofessional. It was very obvious how inexperienced the hiring manager was.

Intern Interview

Intern
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and interviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume and created a profile on the Time Warner website. Then I emailed the production manager/intern coordinator to follow up on the position. I got a phone interview during which they asked me what shows I watched, what I wanted to get out of the internship, and what my availability would be. Pretty standard I guess. Then I was invited in for an in-person interview. They rehashed the phone interview questions and discussed what my job duties would be. Then we just talked about animated shows and a local heavy metal band. That was about it. It really just seemed like they wanted to see if I was cool enough to work there, which I guess I was because they hired me.

Interview Question – What is your favorite show?   Answer Question

Technical Manager Interview

Technical Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Turner Broadcasting in February 2008.

Interview Details – There was a single phone screen with the hiring manager, then a set of face to face interviews. It was a mix of technical staff, peer managers, and the hiring manager. The sessions lasted from 30 minutes to an hour each, and it was a total of 8 people. It was a mix of roughly half technical and half managerial/cultural/fit/etc.

Interview Question – I was asked how I would handle an extremely visible and important event that was comping up for the company.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was a fair offer, so there was very little negotiating. I countered with a small increase which was accepted.

Assistant Interview

Assistant
Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Turner Broadcasting in May 2012.

Interview Details – Was a very easy interview process. People were great. Nothing too surprising or challenging was asked

Interview Question – Be sure to know information about the company   Answer Question

Administration Interview

Administration
Atlanta, GA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Turner Broadcasting in June 2012.

Interview Details – Very professional and pleasant experience with HR recruiter and team. Their follow-up was timely and efficient. First contact was with a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. We spoke for about 20 minutes. The recruiter was very professional and friendly. Second phone interview two weeks later with the department manager who was also professional and very nice. I was notified two weeks later that they were moving forward with another applicant. Overall, great experience.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you made a major business error   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Turner Broadcasting in August 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online via Time Warner website. Received an initial phone call from HR. About 3 weeks later, received an invitation to meet with hiring managers in person in the Atlanta Techwood office. The TBS side of Turner is more casual and informal. Received internship offer 3 days after the interview. They were looking to hire quickly for the Fall.

Interview Question – Tell me about your work experiences.   Answer Question

Billing Specialist Interview

Billing Specialist
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Turner Broadcasting in June 2012.

Interview Details – Very interesting concepts and strategies used by hiring managers.

Interview Questions

Senior Accountant Interview

Senior Accountant
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Turner Broadcasting in May 2012.

Interview Details – Got an email from the recruiter to select a phone interview time. She called me on time and walked thru my resume and asked me a few questions in the end she told me about the company and role. I wasn't a fit but she gave me great advice.

Interview Question – How have you used Pivot Tables   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Turner Broadcasting in April 2012.

Interview Details – My first interview was a phone screen with one of the recruiters. They focused on determining whether I met the basic requirements of the job. I then had a phone interview with the VP. He was very personable and wanted to find out more about my skills. We had an in person interview shortly thereafter, and it went very well - but it came down to me and one other candidate who simply had stronger qualifications. I was told that the interviewer would gladly be a reference for me for another position at the company. All-in-all, a good experience despite not getting the offer.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Producer/Writer/Editor Interview

Producer/Writer/Editor
Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Turner Broadcasting in March 2010.

Interview Details – Straight-forward. Through networking, met hiring manager. Established rapport and showed interest in and knowledge of the company. Followed with thank you letter the next day...this is always memorable.
Always know the company; show you've given thought to their products/direction. Tie that knowledge to the experience you offer.

Interview Question – Since I was prepared, no questions were difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I countered once; my fee was accepted.