Turner Broadcasting Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.9

Freelance - Generalist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting in August 2014.

Interview

I reached out to Turner Broadcasting via email, and quickly received a response with in a week. They happened to be having interviews the next week, so turn around was very quick. Everyone at Turner was very welcoming from first entering the building, to the HR rep and artists part of the interview. The clothing attire around the studio was business casual.

Interview Questions

• The questions were fairly common questions, with the interviews looking for a well rounded 3D artist.   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter for a phone call. Then, a few weeks later I had a phone call with the team for my first interview. I had 2 more interviews after that, all in the same week, where I was able to speak to almost everyone on the team. Overall interview process from first phone interview to the time I was hired was about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• All questions were pretty straightforward and expected Why do you want to work for us? What makes you stand out from other applicants? What was a challenge you faced in previous job?   Answer Question

Global Mobility and Relocation Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied on-line via Turner website. Got the first screening call in 3 weeks after the application, follow up call in 2 weeks scheduling interview. Had an interview with 3 interviewers. Most of the questions are behavioral, i had really pleasant experience at the interview. The whole interview took about 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was 'What keeps you awake at night?' i was never asked that question before at the interview.   Answer Question

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

Interview

Behavioral focused questions: great recruitment team. they are trained to weed out people who just want to get it (and they wont make it past the first round). it's all about relationship so make it a point to connect with the employer

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to truly know the brand you're applying for   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

The recruiter emailed me first to schedule a phone interview and two weeks later the hiring manager interviewed me also by phone. They basically asked questions about experiences on the resume and talked about the responsibilities of the position. They made a decision a week later. The whole process was pretty quick.

Interview Questions

• The interview was pretty standard with 2-4 behavior questions and without extremely unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Tour Guide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in May 2014.

Interview

Basically, they'll ask you why you want to be a tour guide, how you handle stressful situations and what you would ultimately like to be doing under Turner Broadcasting. The interview will coax you into thinking that this position will open a world of opportunity for you in the world of media - don't take the bait. Once the job is yours, you'll find management not as supportive as they were in the interview. Some members of the panel take the hiring process extremely serious, which is ironic given the amiable nature of tourism, and some are much friendlier.

Interview Questions

• What does professionalism mean to you?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

Worked with a recruiter who knew my interests and suggested the position. Since I'd interned there before, I'd built a good relationship with the department and it helped communicate my interests. Overall, interview experience was enjoyable and I felt welcomed and more interested in the position by the end of it.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in writing and design?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting in April 2014.

Interview

Contacted Via Email, had two drive in interviews to Atlanta Office. Had an interview with multiple people from different teams, some asked personal questions, others asked more technical questions regarding my ability to fulfill the position. Overall a pleasant experience, replies were prompt and hiring managers are very friendly and understand that you might be nervous, etc.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

Long process. With little knowledge on where the process is headed. I had to keep a close touch with the recruiting team to understand my positionin the interview process. It took a good 3 months for them to make a decision

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None at all

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

I got a telephone call about one week after I applied online. I was asked a bunch of questions ranging from professional to slightly personal (nothing too deep, just likes/dislikes, where you're from, went to college, etc.) over the course of about 15-20 minutes. The top of the salary range was $50k at that time, but it was obvious that they didn't really want to pay that much as the conversation progressed. I was told my resume would be pushed to the next level/person and to expect a call to schedule an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary really. They did want a detailed/lengthy explanation of all the duties performed at each position listed on my resume, some dating back 20 years. The information on the resume needed to be fully explained. I guess the most difficult question was when they gave a salary range and asked what I was looking for, I chose a number close to the top of that range based on my experience. I now understand this is a "no-no" in job hunting these days but I had just gotten back into the hunt after 10 years in the same position and what they offered was still $15k less than I was making. I was asked would I consider taking less. When I refused, they asked why.   1 Answer