Turner Broadcasting

Very Easy Interview

Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Executive Administrative Assistant
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Turner Broadcasting in January 2012.

Interview Details – Initially contacted by a recruited from Turner. She was very nice and very helpful; I was able to ask as many questions as I needed. Towards the end of the week, a different recruiter emailed me to schedule the date for the interviews. I had in-person interviews with an HR Generalist, then one VP, then another VP. That same afternoon, I got a phone call from the initial Turner Recruiter, giving me good news. I was then able to ask even more questions: salary? travel? hours?, etc. The process seemed effortless - as though all I had to do was show up. Very nice!

Interview Questions

• How can you help me to get organized and not miss appointments?   Answer Question
  • Where do you see yourself in five years? (Pretty typical question...)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation room, I didn't think.

Account Service Representative Interview

Account Service Representative
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Turner Broadcasting in February 2010.

Interview Details – Interning there really helped - gained some ground with employee referral.

You do have to take a mediocre math aptitude test - percentages and simple formulaic expressions.

Interview was with 2 direct account supervisors - questions were geared towards background and skills that you could bring to the department. You may also meet with some of the Account Executives on the sale side. Those interviews are not really difficult, but, some curve balls can be thrown at you. For example, an AE may say 'you don't have the personality to do this sort of work.' That is a total test to see if you balk or just simply agree with them - stand your ground and be confident as to why you can benefit the organization - sales takes guts and confidence most times.

Customer Service is a key aspect, so, expect that "if you were faced with a difficult customer/client, how would go about solving issue x, y, or z,"question.

Otherwise, the interview process was not that difficult.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be in sales?   View Answer

Booking and Copy Specialist Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Turner Broadcasting in July 2011.

Interview Details – I got a phone interview with HR, and the lady was very nice and casual. She reviewed my resume and provided me details via phone. By the end of the convo, we set up a time for a one on one interview at CNN. Once there, it got a little intimidating. The supervisor did all those typical questions to try to get you. She tested me with the most ridiculous questions, such as "How many people can you fit in a tent that's 10x10x10ft?" Not expecting that. It just adds more stress, because she kept on throwing curveballs. I didn't get the offer. However, I was interviewed at CNN again about a month or two later and the supervisor was very laid back. She openly stated she wasn't going to play games with me--just get to know me better. So it varies.

Interview Question – How many people can you fit in a tent that is 10x10x10 ft?   View Answer

Account Service Representative Interview

Account Service Representative
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Turner Broadcasting in December 2011.

Interview Details – Applied to the position online, but also had a former employee send my resume directly to HR.
After the referral, got a reply right away, and was scheduled to take a media math test, which consisted of 20 MC math questions: mostly % change, % of total, reading graphs and charts (bar, line, pie). Was told I'll have the results (pass/fail) within the week, but was called 2 days later for an interview with division A. It went really well: I spoke to two ASR supervisors who were really sweet: the asked basic HR questions, but we shared some laughs. Overall, these ladies had a great attitude. Next, silence. For almost 3 weeks. I was then called for a first interview with division B. Same deal, but it didn't go as well; I just didn't think it was a good fit, and I was right: I got a generic rejection email within 2 days, and thought, that's it, I'm done. I then get a call from division A for a second interview. I was brought in the next day to talk to an AE. That went well: almost like a pitch. Within a week I got an email and call to tell me that they will proced with a background check. That took about 3-4 days, an dI had to verify some discrepancies for them. In the meanwhile, my references were called. After speaking to my third reference, I got a call with the offer.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Wasn't able to negotiate anything. Starting salary was lower than I expected/requested

Intern Interview

Gainesville, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Turner Broadcasting in October 2011.

Interview Details – At my university we had to submit a resume and cover letter online and Turner Broadcasting picked a certain number of students to interview in a day. Each interview was scheduled to be 30 minutes. The interviewer was 30 minutes late to the career fair and was in very casual attire. Her questions were not very difficult but after the interview is complete they do not contact students in any way.

If you are interested in a position you still have to apply online and supposedly after the applications are received the recruiters cross-reference resumes from campus interviews with online applicants. If the company liked the campus interview AND you apply online, they will push you through to the secondary interview later (again supposedly).

There is no feedback given and even though I had a great interview with a relevant resume to the job description it is irrelevant unless I go through the generic online application process like everyone else. Seems like a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• What are you interested in at Turner Broadcasting?   View Answer
  • What kind of experience did you get at ___________ (from something on my resume)?   Answer Question
  • What shows do you like to watch?   Answer Question
  • What kind of social media are you familiar with? (only because of the internship I applied for)   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Turner Broadcasting in April 2009.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview, then multiple 1:1 interviews, then final round group interview with clients.

Interview Question – Please show us your project portfolio   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate, but I get the feeling you can.

Account Service Representative Interview Interview

New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Turner Broadcasting in May 2011.

Interview Details – I contacted Turner to find out the testing schedule for the ASR position. They test for the position every other week and upon reviewing my background I was invited to attend the next media math testing the following week. I arrived at the location in my suit, as all the other candidates, and waited for to be called up for the media math test. The recruiter told us how much time we had to complete the test, then passed out the test, scratch paper and scan-tron and told us to put away our cell phones and left the room. That was it. The test was fairly easy but time consuming b/c of the graphs and charts, etc.. And for some reason, I was triple checking my answers (literally) as I completed them instead of waiting until I completed the entire test first b/c I thought I had enough time to do that but w/o my cell phone I had no way of knowing how much time had elapsed. So when she came back in the room to tell us we had 5 min left, I was only halfway done with the test!! I panicked and guessed the rest of my answers b/c I didn't know if I were to leave them blank or if they would count against me if I left them blank. I went to an art school and none of my tests were on scantron. My exams were projects. Ex., I would have to build a flash website in 1 hour for my final exams and from what I did recall of scantron tests in High School, it was better to put something than nothing. The recruiter came back in the room and called time and told us she would be in contact with us in 1 week to let us know our results. She also assured us that most people do well on the test enough to get a call back. To me, that means most ppl must leave them blank and I started to panic. As I exited the building, I called my friend who was a former ASR and he said that I should have left them blank. I was kinda bummed that no one told me that. I mean that's not common sense to me. I found out a week later that I did not do well enough on the test to move forward but that I can reapply in 6 months. Bummer!

Interview Question – There were no questions. Only a test administered.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Turner Broadcasting in November 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed with Turner Broadcasting for their accounting and finance internships. I was initially recruited during a career fair then interviewed on campus a few weeks later. Then they invited me to interview at the CNN Center in Atlanta. They set all of the candidates up in the OMNI Hotel and then interviewed us with four back to back interviews the following day. Each interview lasted about an hour.

Interview Question – Describe a specific problem you solved for your employer or professor. How did you approach the problem? What role did others play? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Credit Analyst
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Turner Broadcasting in September 2011.

Interview Details – Phone screened first then scheduled for 3 hour interview. I met with 3 people (each one for an hour) who worked in the unit to speak with, with one being a Supervisor. The supervisor asked those dread situational interview questions. I hate those.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time a decision you made did not come out like expected and what did you do?   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Web Developer
Atlanta, GA

The process took a day - interviewed at Turner Broadcasting in April 2011.

Interview Details – Initial contact was made by a 3rd party IT staffing firm. The manager was friendly. The actual interview was with the manager ad 3 of their developers.

Interview Question – What does every line in the jQuery Library file stand for?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Turner Broadcasting