Turner Broadcasting Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.9

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

Interview process was very simple. I applied online and after a few weeks received an e-mail from HR letting me know I had been selected for an interview. One week later I had a phone interview with HR lasting about half an hour. It was very simple and mostly behavioral. Asking briefly about my qualifications and background in analytics. Following that I was notified I had moved onto the final round. I was scheduled for a phone interview with the hiring manager the following week. The second phone interview was also mostly asking about qualifications and background before moving into conversation about the specific position. The interview lasted half an hour and the following week I heard back I had got the position.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

They are very delayed in calling to schedule an interview, but after that the process is very smooth. The interview was mostly behavioral/situational questions. Be prepared for one that is totally off the wall!

Information Security Analyst - Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

After applying online, I was contacted to complete a telephone interview with the hiring manager. The phone interview was only 30 minutes long. Before the telephone interview, I received an email to complete the Turner job application online. The next step required me to go into the office for an in-person panel interview with the hiring manager and two team members. Approximately two weeks later, I received an email that other candidates were being considered for the job.

Interview Questions

• What coding languages do you know?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in February 2014.

Interview

I had an inside friend who pointed me to the job and connected me to the hiring manager, so my experience is likely different. I talked to the recruiter in charge, got all the ducks in a row then met directly with the teams for interviews. I am sure I shortcutted some steps that others had to follow.

Interview Questions

• What was my experience in an agile environment?   1 Answer

Senior Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

Interview

It takes up to six months to get an internal move. Very slow

Negotiation

I was internal -- they told me "this is what you are getting"

On Air Ops Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

4 rounds phone then manager then senior manager then meet VP

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't one it was a set based salary take it or leave it.

Assistant Planner Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting.

Interview

The interview process is very intense and has many steps. They want to get to know your personality (since you will be working on teams) and grill you about your past experience. The interview is very formal. They will have you interview with 2-3 people at a time, and they might ask you the same questions.

Interview Questions

• They will ask how much you know about their product and brands. Make sure you study up on this.   Answer Question

Satellite Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA) in November 2013.

Interview

I had two calls from a recruiter before the interviewer called (3 calls total) and then was scheduled to interview on a Wednesday. Interview process was pretty straight forward though long (almost 2 hours). Was called back and offered the job the following week. Started 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• No real unexpected questions. All seemed pretty textbook. The technical questions were pretty easy too and just seemed to clarify that I knew what said I knew on my resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me more than I was expecting and the benefits and PTO were already amazing so I accepted on their terms.

Maintenance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

HR contacted me quickly with the initial phone screening. Once that was completed, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager for my position. This interview contained the bulk of technical questions pertaining to my experience and the position. I was called in for an in person interview a week later, which reiterated my experience as well as consisted of many personality questions. You will work with a wide array of individuals, so you need to prove you can fit in with anyone..if you cannot be honest. Once the offer is extended a background check will be completed.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was truly unexpected but you need to be honest in all of your responses, even if it might seem potentially negative at the time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had an offer on the table from another company, but knew this was the place I wanted to be. I mentioned the offer and countered a very reasonable salary. It was accepted.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Turner Broadcasting (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Long time, interviewed with all department heads and President

Interview Questions

Negotiation

easy