Turner Construction Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by two people at once. They manly asked me about my personal interests and how I would react with certain situations. The interviewers were very open and friendly. A second interview was requested two weeks after the first one in order for employment. They also left at least fifteen minutes for questions about the company. They also went through some of the activities that the company sponsored

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Turner Construction

Engineer Interview

Interview

After going through the initial screening interview, I was brought into the office for the second interview. I was told I would be reimbursed for gas (I was not) and after going through the entire interview, I was told there would not be an opening for another 6 months, but they would hold onto my resume in case there is an opening that I would fit in. However, the interviewers were friendly.

Interview Questions

• At the end of the interview, I was asked "What are your best qualities that we have not covered yet?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Toledo, OH) in November 2011.

Interview

I worked for Turner for 6 months as a co-op. As full time interviews approached I entered my name into the hat. I was allowed to advance past the first round interview (which should be relatively simple) because of my prior experience with the company. The interview process took place over two days. The first day I met with some of the project managers and other candidates for a business-casual dinner to break the ice. The next day we were interviewed by three panels. Panel one consisted of three people, and they focused on my resume, prior experience and time with the company. Panel two (four people) asked a lot of situational questions relating to ethics (a big deal with Turner, and anywhere for that matter), conflict resolution, etc. This was probably the most challenging part of the process. Preparing for these types of questions will help you rank higher in the interview process. Next i met with a senior manager and we discussed my style, goals, type of personality, etc. He was really trying to figure out who I was. Next i met with the HR rep to discuss benefits. The last part was easy. As I came to understand, the panels get together and rank their favorite candidates. The candidates are then force ranked and there is some deliberation as to who the offers go to. The area HR manager also has some say, as he had sat in on all of the interviews in the business unit. Again, this is all heresay. They basically award the offers from the top down until they've filled all of the positions. Alas, I did not receive an offer. I was told I was ranked very high, but not quite high enough. It is a little bit frustrating that Turner does not put higher priority on "hiring from within" their co-op program, but it was known from the start that a co-op does not guarantee a job. Regardless, I had a good experience and would gladly go back to work given the chance.

Interview Questions

• Name one situation that you made an ethically responsible choice. This does not have to be work-related.   Answer Question
    • Tell us how you would diffuse an argument between two people.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Turner Construction (Knoxville, TN) in May 2011.

Interview

The overall process was pretty relaxed. It was just the interviewer and myself. There were no difficult questions from the interviewer. Most of the questions were just to get to know me and what I like to do. I did get the opportunity to ask the interviewer a good deal of questions about the company and he was more than happy to respond. Turner seems like a good company to work for but at the same time it seems like it would be really easy to get lost in the mix since it is such a big company.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Turner Construction (San Diego, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

Asking a lots of question, and interviewed with 2 different managers. Have a group lunch with all the managers who interviewed us in the morning.

Interview Questions

• why you would think you are the best person to hire   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Turner Construction (New York, NY) in June 2009.

Interview

Multi-day, multi-step

Interview Questions

Negotiation

10 minute discussion

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Turner Construction in October 2011.

Interview

one on one interview with two different representatives from HR in a day for a first round of interview.