Turner Construction

Updated Jul 28, 2014

2.9

28 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Turner Construction.

4 Interview. 3 Non-technical. One HR

Other Interview Reviews for Turner Construction

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Turner Construction.

5 minute career fair interview. Called back for a formal interview at the school with two people ( a PM and a HR rep). Called back for a final interview at Turner's HQ. The final interview took about 8 hours. Was a round robin type of interview with a lunch and site visit. My interview was at the end of November. Told i would get a call before the new year. I received a call on December 31st (literally a day before the new year) saying that they were still making their decision and I would hear back within the first quarter of 2014. Never heard back and tried to email with no response. The whole process was a great experience and all, but after gong through all of that I figured a company like Turner could at least let me know their decision. I would have put more effort into contacting Turner (i.e. calling), but I was able to secure a job a few days after I emailed. My advice, keep your options open.

Interview Questions
    • Typical behavioral, work experience, life questions. When have you had to deal with a tough situation at work and what did you do?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Turner Construction.

The job was posted on our university's career website. I was selected for a personal interview. Interview was behavioral and all questions were common behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • How would you convince a sub contractor to agree on your opinion?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Turner Construction.

Haven't finished the process yet, so I had to mark 'No Offer'

Met a recruiter at a career fair and talked, things went well, and the next morning he called me about setting up a on-campus interview.

Campus interview was with two people, the recruiter I talked with and another employee. They went over my resume and asked standard behavioral questions such as dealing with conflicts and ethics. Interview went very smoothly and they didn't ask cheap questions like what are your weaknesses.

Got a call about 10 days later to set up a second interview, hoping that it will go well! Turner is an excellent company and if you are interviewing you should be excited about the company.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had to resolve a conflict on a job site.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Turner Construction in October 2013.

The staff was very nice. 3 engineers interviewed me along with another 3 candidates separately. I had 1:1 with eahc of the engineers for about 1t5 min with each and they asked typical interviews questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source – interviewed at Turner Construction in March 2013.

I was part of a group of five other potential hires in the interview pool. The interviewers consisted of four Turner employees, each of whom interviewed each individual potential hire personally. The interviewers all came from different departments and positions: one was an HVAC engineer, one was a field engineer, one was an HR manager, one was a vice president.

Each interviewer asked you questions based on their own backgrounds and positions, and you could ask questions of your own based on the interviewer's background. Even though I didn't get the job, I did learn a good deal from some of the interviewers with the questions I asked. The vice president, who interviewed me last, even told me that I had a great interview based on the questions I asked. But I sort of knew that I probably wouldn't get the job because the other potential hires appeared more qualified than me.

Interview Questions
    • I had the most problems with the HR manager's questions, because I was more focused on asking construction/engineering-related questions than HR questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Met with Turner at a career fair held by NYU-Poly in Brooklyn, NY. Handed my resume and spoke with a Turner rep/recruiter for 3-5min. They asked pretty simple straight forward questions on background, experience and my interest to pursue a creer at Turner. About two weeks later I received an email from NYU liaison (career center) that I was offered an interview for Field Engineer position (not in their office rather on campus).

A day or two prior to the interview Turner held a information session at NYU-Poly and gave their spiel on Turner (its history & accomplishments) and how great it would be to be part of such a firm. Was nice, after all, they have done a lot. Many showed up (most were undergrads) but just a few had interviews, so the point was ....?

Interview:
    Supposed to be 30min but I was in there for 50. A lot of personal questions on background, hobbies, work experience, aspirations and goals (short term / long term). I thought it went well, some laughs and very approachable yet professional. Being that I had 5yrs field experience I was told that I was kinda "overqualified" for such position so I explained that it was at mom/pop company in NYC and I pursued a MS degree to bundle it together so I can transition into a larger firm and have a management position. I don't know if that got through though...

I have 2 friend that work their and are very happy. Two of my classmates, whom had interviews as well, received notifications one of which was an offer for a 2nd interview (she was the only grad student out of six and she got the job - best of luck CC!) and the other was a "sorry, take care". Bottom line for me was I never heard back for a yes or no.

Interview Questions
    • Imprecisely:
      Have you ever been in a position where you disagreed with your team's (or superior) decision for something or coarse of action? If yes, how did you deal with it/approach it? If not, how would you; what would you do?
        Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Turner Construction in February 2013.

I met my interviewer at a school career fair, so it was pretty helpful to have talked with him before. It was a more casual interview and he was very helpful, though I felt like he was talking more than I was. Overall a positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever failed at something and how did you overcome it? (Something along those lines.)   View Answer

Field Engineer Interview

I was called in for an on campus interview about two weeks after first talking to a representative during a career fair. Nothing too out of the ordinary, gave the interviewer my resume and he went down the list and asked about my previous jobs as well as team projects I have worked on. However he claimed that he did not have a business card to hand out and that I ask the front desk for a contact which I found a bit ridiculous.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions: Why Turner?, Why do you like construction? etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Turner Construction.

At first I got my interview on campus with Turner representative. Questions were mostly based on how you deal with certain situations at work. Also, how would you resolve conflict at the construction site and I got questions on ethic and your response.

Interview Questions
    • Name one situation that you made an ethically responsible choice. This does not have to be work-related
      Can you describe a situation where there was a conflict amongst a group that you tried to resolve?
      What do you like most about working in construction
        Answer Question