Turner Construction

Updated Jan 25, 2015
Updated Jan 25, 2015

2.8

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Turner Construction.

Pretty simple behavioral questions. The gentlemen was very nice and didn't grill me. Dress semi formal (tie not needed). answer everything in detail. I did not receive a second interview.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time you were in a group and someone didn't pull their weight.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Turner Construction

Field Engineer Interview

Started by meeting representatives at my college career fair. Then I was asked to submit a resume via campus drop. Was called for campus interview and then asked to office from there.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you considering construction?   Answer Question
    • Describe a challenge you've faced in the last year and outline your thought process for addressing it   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Turner Construction.

Started off by meeting the employees of Turner at the career fair and hit it off well, they told me to come to the on campus info session and also to sign up for the on campus interview. Did both and just received a call back for the second round at their office.

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Turner Construction in October 2014.

Started with an on campus interview. Some what laid back with a few simple questions about my resume. Got invited to second round interview about a week later. Second round consisted of a dinner with Turner employees and about 10 other candidates. The next morning we all interviewed with about 6 people in the office. The office interviews are very laid back. Their main goal is to see if you are personable and that you would get along with everyone else at the company. Express your interest and be personable and you will do fine. Received an offer about a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Explain an unethical situation you had to deal with and how did you come to a solution   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Turner Construction.

4 Interview. 3 Non-technical. One HR

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Turner Construction.

5 minute career fair interview. Called back for a formal interview at the school with two people ( a PM and a HR rep). Called back for a final interview at Turner's HQ. The final interview took about 8 hours. Was a round robin type of interview with a lunch and site visit. My interview was at the end of November. Told i would get a call before the new year. I received a call on December 31st (literally a day before the new year) saying that they were still making their decision and I would hear back within the first quarter of 2014. Never heard back and tried to email with no response. The whole process was a great experience and all, but after gong through all of that I figured a company like Turner could at least let me know their decision. I would have put more effort into contacting Turner (i.e. calling), but I was able to secure a job a few days after I emailed. My advice, keep your options open.

Interview Questions
    • Typical behavioral, work experience, life questions. When have you had to deal with a tough situation at work and what did you do?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Turner Construction.

The job was posted on our university's career website. I was selected for a personal interview. Interview was behavioral and all questions were common behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • How would you convince a sub contractor to agree on your opinion?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Turner Construction.

Haven't finished the process yet, so I had to mark 'No Offer'

Met a recruiter at a career fair and talked, things went well, and the next morning he called me about setting up a on-campus interview.

Campus interview was with two people, the recruiter I talked with and another employee. They went over my resume and asked standard behavioral questions such as dealing with conflicts and ethics. Interview went very smoothly and they didn't ask cheap questions like what are your weaknesses.

Got a call about 10 days later to set up a second interview, hoping that it will go well! Turner is an excellent company and if you are interviewing you should be excited about the company.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had to resolve a conflict on a job site.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Turner Construction in October 2013.

The staff was very nice. 3 engineers interviewed me along with another 3 candidates separately. I had 1:1 with eahc of the engineers for about 1t5 min with each and they asked typical interviews questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through other source – interviewed at Turner Construction in March 2013.

I was part of a group of five other potential hires in the interview pool. The interviewers consisted of four Turner employees, each of whom interviewed each individual potential hire personally. The interviewers all came from different departments and positions: one was an HVAC engineer, one was a field engineer, one was an HR manager, one was a vice president.

Each interviewer asked you questions based on their own backgrounds and positions, and you could ask questions of your own based on the interviewer's background. Even though I didn't get the job, I did learn a good deal from some of the interviewers with the questions I asked. The vice president, who interviewed me last, even told me that I had a great interview based on the questions I asked. But I sort of knew that I probably wouldn't get the job because the other potential hires appeared more qualified than me.

Interview Questions
    • I had the most problems with the HR manager's questions, because I was more focused on asking construction/engineering-related questions than HR questions.   Answer Question