Turner Construction

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Turner Construction in August 2013.

Interview Details – The interview went well, they were open minded and didn't grill me. Asked about my course work and how I relate to others. It is typical for them to be concerned with team work mentality.

Interview Question – Can you give me an example of a time when you had to be a leader?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Oakland, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Turner Construction in March 2014.

Interview Details – I was invited for a second round interview for the Oakland office. The process was simple, two 1 on 1 interviews for 30 minutes each. I see a pattern on what kind of people would like to ask different types of questions through personal experience. From what I can comprehend the people with 20+ years of experience would shy away from behavioral questions to get personal with you. That includes an in depth analysis of your resume, as well as personal questions. On the other hand, people with less years of experience tend to briefly go over your resume, then jump right into the behavior questions, so prepare them ahead of time. Overall if you have a great resume and prepared for the behavioral questions the interview is very easy. I was given an offer on the same day of the interview.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to coach someone and what were the results   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – non-negotiable, a offer was made and I just accepted it.

Interviewed at Turner Construction

Interview Details – Applied Through Campus Recruitment

Interview Question – What is a situation you were involved with where it was difficult to work in a team   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Turner Construction.

Interview Details – I received the interview by having a conversation with a recruiter at a career fair. The interview was the next day and they did not ask any behavioral questions. They wanted to know my experiences, how those experiences would help the company, and why I wanted to work for Turner. Internships with Turner are very competitive but if you can answer those three questions well, you have a good chance.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself ten years from now?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Turner Construction.

Interview Details – I went to an engineering convention where I got an interview on the spot. Three months later, the closest office to my location contacted me for an interview at their office. While there, I had a 1:1 interview with management then another 1:1 interview with an HR representative. It lasted about 1 hour. I had a response within a week.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in construction/ for Turner?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation because it was an internship.

New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Turner Construction in May 2012.

Interview Details – Why do you want to work here?
What are your strengths?
What are your weaknesses?
They go over your resume and ask accordingly. Just know your resume inside and out!

Interview Question – Pretty straight forward .. normal interview.   Answer Question

University of Colorado, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Turner Construction in October 2012.

Interview Details – Secured the interview through AGC club on campus. I found my personal interviewer very professional and welcoming. He presented Turner as a mix of massive company potential with the local company personal attention. He talked about the advantages and the resources that come with working for such a large company. In particular, he emphasized that travel is easy and most often at the employee's initiative. The interview environment was relaxed.For the most part, we discussed me. In particular, he wanted to know where I thought I was in terms of life experience, and what I wanted out of a career in the field.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was the three greatest weaknesses I had. It's a common question, but that doesn't make it any easier. The interview didn't feel scripted, and I can't comment if thats a company trend of specific to my interviewer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate, most likely due to the fact that it was an internship vs a full time position.

Miami, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at Turner Construction in April 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of 3 interviews back to back, approximately 45 mins each one with an architect, engineer and human resources person with the company. They followed a script but want you to stand out by not only answering the question but also expanding with an example that will keep the flow of the conversation going. I would say the best way to prepare for an interview is by studying the company, projects that you can relate to and also become familiar with the types of questions they might ask you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Did not really negotiate since I have had zero experience in this field and was interested more in experience than money.

Intern

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Turner Construction.

Interview Details – it was an screen interview so it was just to get to know you, my advice is to be yourself because they are more interested in the person than the worker

Interview Question – why did you pick your university   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Turner Construction

Worked for Turner Construction? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Turner Construction Intern interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Turner Construction employees and interview candidates.