Turner Construction

Updated Oct 28, 2014

2.9

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Met at a career expo. Hit it off with recruiter. Received a follow up interview the next week. Interview wasn't intense, and asked all of the typical questions, but was slightly formal in comparison to other companies. I honestly expected an offer the way he was talking, but received nothing, while I know others who did receive offers.

Other Interview Reviews for Turner Construction

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Turner Construction.

College career fair - phone interview - in person interview - offer. Straight forward process and they will keep in contact through email and phone. If you do well on phone interview they will invite you to in person interview

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Turner Construction in March 2014.

I was invited for a second round interview for the Oakland office. The process was simple, two 1 on 1 interviews for 30 minutes each. I see a pattern on what kind of people would like to ask different types of questions through personal experience. From what I can comprehend the people with 20+ years of experience would shy away from behavioral questions to get personal with you. That includes an in depth analysis of your resume, as well as personal questions. On the other hand, people with less years of experience tend to briefly go over your resume, then jump right into the behavior questions, so prepare them ahead of time. Overall if you have a great resume and prepared for the behavioral questions the interview is very easy. I was given an offer on the same day of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to coach someone and what were the results   Answer Question
    non-negotiable, a offer was made and I just accepted it.

Applied Through Campus Recruitment

Interview Questions
    • What is a situation you were involved with where it was difficult to work in a team   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Turner Construction.

I received the interview by having a conversation with a recruiter at a career fair. The interview was the next day and they did not ask any behavioral questions. They wanted to know my experiences, how those experiences would help the company, and why I wanted to work for Turner. Internships with Turner are very competitive but if you can answer those three questions well, you have a good chance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Turner Construction in August 2013.

The interview went well, they were open minded and didn't grill me. Asked about my course work and how I relate to others. It is typical for them to be concerned with team work mentality.

Interview Questions
    • Can you give me an example of a time when you had to be a leader?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Turner Construction.

I went to an engineering convention where I got an interview on the spot. Three months later, the closest office to my location contacted me for an interview at their office. While there, I had a 1:1 interview with management then another 1:1 interview with an HR representative. It lasted about 1 hour. I had a response within a week.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in construction/ for Turner?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation because it was an internship.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University of Colorado, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in University of Colorado, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Turner Construction in October 2012.

Secured the interview through AGC club on campus. I found my personal interviewer very professional and welcoming. He presented Turner as a mix of massive company potential with the local company personal attention. He talked about the advantages and the resources that come with working for such a large company. In particular, he emphasized that travel is easy and most often at the employee's initiative. The interview environment was relaxed.For the most part, we discussed me. In particular, he wanted to know where I thought I was in terms of life experience, and what I wanted out of a career in the field.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was the three greatest weaknesses I had. It's a common question, but that doesn't make it any easier. The interview didn't feel scripted, and I can't comment if thats a company trend of specific to my interviewer.   Answer Question
    I wasn't able to negotiate, most likely due to the fact that it was an internship vs a full time position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Turner Construction in May 2012.

Why do you want to work here?
    What are your strengths?
    What are your weaknesses?
    They go over your resume and ask accordingly. Just know your resume inside and out!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Turner Construction in April 2012.

The interview process consisted of 3 interviews back to back, approximately 45 mins each one with an architect, engineer and human resources person with the company. They followed a script but want you to stand out by not only answering the question but also expanding with an example that will keep the flow of the conversation going. I would say the best way to prepare for an interview is by studying the company, projects that you can relate to and also become familiar with the types of questions they might ask you.

Interview Questions
    Did not really negotiate since I have had zero experience in this field and was interested more in experience than money.