Turner Construction Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2015

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Turner Construction.

Interview

it was a group interview. there were about 5 people applying and we rotated between the 5 interviewers spending approximately 15 minutes speaking to each. We discussed a variety of topics but experience was the main focus of the interview. The interviewers were very personable and professional and the office had a very friendly atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you displayed leadership.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Turner Construction

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Turner Construction (New York, NY).

Interview

I had two interviews. A lot of competition since I applied for the Youthforce scholarship. Around 20 people had interviews that day. Multiple interviewers per interviewee. Brought my portfolio with surveying drawings which gave me a big advantage.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where safety was an issue.   1 Answer
    • If I invested $100 in you, how would I know my investment paid off?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Turner Construction.

Interview

Interviewed at campus after an overview discussion from a recruiter. They interviewed about 15 students for one internship available. The onterview was at a class room one to one with the recruter and lasted about twenty minutes. They said I would get a call if they decided that I was the right fit. Waited two weeks for an email saying that I was not the candidate they were looking for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Turner Construction (Boston, MA) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process was not bad at all. I expected to answer more difficult questions, but it was only for an internship. I spoke with HR manager and then spoke to a younger construction estimator about life at Turner. They both seemed enthusiastic about the company.

Interview Questions

• What is a time you had to solve a problem in the working environment?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Met at a career expo. Hit it off with recruiter. Received a follow up interview the next week. Interview wasn't intense, and asked all of the typical questions, but was slightly formal in comparison to other companies. I honestly expected an offer the way he was talking, but received nothing, while I know others who did receive offers.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Turner Construction.

Interview

College career fair - phone interview - in person interview - offer. Straight forward process and they will keep in contact through email and phone. If you do well on phone interview they will invite you to in person interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Turner Construction (Detroit, MI) in October 2014.

Interview

met them at a hispanic conference, they were very interested in the fact that i had previous experience in construction so they awarded me an interview it was all easy question and i thought i answered everything nicely but i did not get a call back.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were facing a problem in a work setting and how did you solve it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Turner Construction (Buffalo, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

applied online in December 2013 on turner website for intern and got call from HR manager in February for interview with engineer on campus at UB. Had interview on campus in march.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Turner Construction (Oakland, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

I was invited for a second round interview for the Oakland office. The process was simple, two 1 on 1 interviews for 30 minutes each. I see a pattern on what kind of people would like to ask different types of questions through personal experience. From what I can comprehend the people with 20+ years of experience would shy away from behavioral questions to get personal with you. That includes an in depth analysis of your resume, as well as personal questions. On the other hand, people with less years of experience tend to briefly go over your resume, then jump right into the behavior questions, so prepare them ahead of time. Overall if you have a great resume and prepared for the behavioral questions the interview is very easy. I was given an offer on the same day of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to coach someone and what were the results   Answer Question

Negotiation

non-negotiable, a offer was made and I just accepted it.

Intern Interview

Interview

Applied Through Campus Recruitment

Interview Questions

• What is a situation you were involved with where it was difficult to work in a team   Answer Question