Turner Construction Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015
Updated Mar 26, 2015

2.9

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Turner Construction.

Interviewed at campus after an overview discussion from a recruiter. They interviewed about 15 students for one internship available. The onterview was at a class room one to one with the recruter and lasted about twenty minutes. They said I would get a call if they decided that I was the right fit. Waited two weeks for an email saying that I was not the candidate they were looking for.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Turner Construction in February 2015.

Intense, but great interview process! Start the day early. Meet with interviewers. Have four 30 minute interviews with four different interviewers. Lunch. Then site tour. This is a really good way in my opinion of meeting everyone around the office and get comfortable with everyone.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you faced an unethical situation and how did you overcome it.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Turner Construction.

Pretty simple behavioral questions. The gentlemen was very nice and didn't grill me. Dress semi formal (tie not needed). answer everything in detail. I did not receive a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you were in a group and someone didn't pull their weight.   Answer Question

Assistant Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Turner Construction.

Interviewed with two senior Project Managers and then a hiring manager from human resources. Met with all three separately, with human resources at the end. The project manager's were easy to talk to if you have a general understanding of construction industry. The Human resources manager asks typical interview questions about yourself and your strengths/weaknesses.

Project Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Turner Construction.

Turner Construction offered an initial interview to determine which individuals they felt could potentially assist their company as project engineers. I was selected to continue to the second round of interviews. the second round of interviews involved a series of seven, 20 minute with different heads of departments and current Turner PM's and PE's. I enjoyed the experience and have nothing but praise for turner's interviewing processes.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situations in the past where you failed, and how did you remedy the situation.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Started by meeting representatives at my college career fair. Then I was asked to submit a resume via campus drop. Was called for campus interview and then asked to office from there.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you considering construction?   Answer Question
    • Describe a challenge you've faced in the last year and outline your thought process for addressing it   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Turner Construction.

Submitted my resume in person via my universities career fair. Was contacted via email about 2 weeks later for an interview. First interview was with two younger employees and was very structured. They asked questions out of a packet and wrote down my responses. I was emailed a few days later for a final interview. This interview was with higher ranking, older, employees and was much less structured. It was more of a conversation where relevant questions were asked as the conversation carried on Naturally. He first interview was more based on situations you have previously encountered specifically. The second was more personality and work ethic based.

Interview Questions
    • First Interview: Name a time where you began a task with good intentions, and the situation went horribly wrong. What were the results? How did you handle it?

Second Interview: In ten years from now what do you think you will attribute your success to, such as particular traits or morals.

Answer Question
    Intern- Non-negotiable

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Turner Construction.

Started off by meeting the employees of Turner at the career fair and hit it off well, they told me to come to the on campus info session and also to sign up for the on campus interview. Did both and just received a call back for the second round at their office.

Co-Op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Turner Construction in November 2014.

First contact was at a resume review day put on by my university, where a PE critiqued my resume; very professional and very helpful. I then was able to speak with representatives at the career fair, where I left a resume, but I did not think that the rep and I "hit it off" very well, so I was surprised when I got a call for an interview. I had one interview, with two PMs, at the career development center at my university. I received an email the following Monday offering me a co-op position. The whole process, from initial contact to offer, took about 4 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when a plan of your failed, and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question
    Co-op; non-negotiable

Assistant Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Turner Construction in November 2014.

I applied through my school's career center. Got accepted for an on-campus interview. After about 2 weeks I called Turner because I had not received any word on the next step. Was offered a second interview after calling. Was an interview session from 1-4pm. Interviewed by 3 project managers and by HR. Was offered a position 1 business day later.