Turner Construction

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.8

Project Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Turner Construction.

Turner Construction offered an initial interview to determine which individuals they felt could potentially assist their company as project engineers. I was selected to continue to the second round of interviews. the second round of interviews involved a series of seven, 20 minute with different heads of departments and current Turner PM's and PE's. I enjoyed the experience and have nothing but praise for turner's interviewing processes.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situations in the past where you failed, and how did you remedy the situation.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Started by meeting representatives at my college career fair. Then I was asked to submit a resume via campus drop. Was called for campus interview and then asked to office from there.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you considering construction?   Answer Question
    • Describe a challenge you've faced in the last year and outline your thought process for addressing it   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Turner Construction.

Submitted my resume in person via my universities career fair. Was contacted via email about 2 weeks later for an interview. First interview was with two younger employees and was very structured. They asked questions out of a packet and wrote down my responses. I was emailed a few days later for a final interview. This interview was with higher ranking, older, employees and was much less structured. It was more of a conversation where relevant questions were asked as the conversation carried on Naturally. He first interview was more based on situations you have previously encountered specifically. The second was more personality and work ethic based.

Interview Questions
    • First Interview: Name a time where you began a task with good intentions, and the situation went horribly wrong. What were the results? How did you handle it?

Second Interview: In ten years from now what do you think you will attribute your success to, such as particular traits or morals.

Answer Question
    Intern- Non-negotiable

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Turner Construction.

Started off by meeting the employees of Turner at the career fair and hit it off well, they told me to come to the on campus info session and also to sign up for the on campus interview. Did both and just received a call back for the second round at their office.

Assistant Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Turner Construction in November 2014.

I applied through my school's career center. Got accepted for an on-campus interview. After about 2 weeks I called Turner because I had not received any word on the next step. Was offered a second interview after calling. Was an interview session from 1-4pm. Interviewed by 3 project managers and by HR. Was offered a position 1 business day later.

Intern Interview

Met at a career expo. Hit it off with recruiter. Received a follow up interview the next week. Interview wasn't intense, and asked all of the typical questions, but was slightly formal in comparison to other companies. I honestly expected an offer the way he was talking, but received nothing, while I know others who did receive offers.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Turner Construction.

Very structured interview, split into resume review and behavioral question. Answers to questions were written down as I answered them. Recruiter seemed rather emotionless which gave the entire interview a rather uncomfortable feel. Picked two items from my resume and asked me to tell me about them, with minimal follow up questions. During the behavioral sections the recruiter said to answer the questions with as much detail as possible, and that he will be looking for specific answers.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you had to convince someone of your work and capabilities, and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Turner Construction.

Applied through college career fair, and took them months to make decisions, but yet they wouldn't tell you if you were declined - you have to find out yourself. And it took them 5 months to get me my reimbursement to interview back (it was 600+ dollars) after I kept bugging the HR. Don't like this company.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Turner Construction.

College career fair - phone interview - in person interview - offer. Straight forward process and they will keep in contact through email and phone. If you do well on phone interview they will invite you to in person interview

None

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Turner Construction in October 2014.

Started with an on campus interview. Some what laid back with a few simple questions about my resume. Got invited to second round interview about a week later. Second round consisted of a dinner with Turner employees and about 10 other candidates. The next morning we all interviewed with about 6 people in the office. The office interviews are very laid back. Their main goal is to see if you are personable and that you would get along with everyone else at the company. Express your interest and be personable and you will do fine. Received an offer about a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Explain an unethical situation you had to deal with and how did you come to a solution   Answer Question