Turner Construction Interview Questions

Updated Jun 11, 2015

2.9

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Turner Construction (Miami, FL).

Interview

I was selected for the second round interview. The agenda included six interview sessions, lunch and a job site tour. The working environment and the people seemed to be fantastic. Everyone was very friendly and professional. I got a job offer, however, I got another job offer that didn't require to move.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Turner Construction (Detroit, MI) in October 2014.

Interview

met them at a hispanic conference, they were very interested in the fact that i had previous experience in construction so they awarded me an interview it was all easy question and i thought i answered everything nicely but i did not get a call back.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were facing a problem in a work setting and how did you solve it   Answer Question

Level I Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Turner Construction (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Career fair
    Career fair screening
    In-office round of interview which consisted of 5 back to back interviews with staff of different levels
    One week later they called me saying that I was going to get a written offer
    Written offer was sent a few days later and I had about 3 weeks to decide. No negotiation allowed and salary was somewhat on the disappointing side.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions - Be able to explain why you're interested in the construction industry   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Turner Construction.

Interview

it was a group interview. there were about 5 people applying and we rotated between the 5 interviewers spending approximately 15 minutes speaking to each. We discussed a variety of topics but experience was the main focus of the interview. The interviewers were very personable and professional and the office had a very friendly atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you displayed leadership.   2 Answers

Engineering Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Turner Construction (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I met with a recruiter through a career fair offered by my university, was called into a second round of interviews, then to a final round of interviews. In the final round of interviews, I met with several people at different stages in their careers and got a good understanding of what Turner has to offer.

Interview Questions

• What made you choose a career in construction?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Turner Construction (Boston, MA) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process was not bad at all. I expected to answer more difficult questions, but it was only for an internship. I spoke with HR manager and then spoke to a younger construction estimator about life at Turner. They both seemed enthusiastic about the company.

Interview Questions

• What is a time you had to solve a problem in the working environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Turner Construction (New York, NY).

Interview

I had two interviews. A lot of competition since I applied for the Youthforce scholarship. Around 20 people had interviews that day. Multiple interviewers per interviewee. Brought my portfolio with surveying drawings which gave me a big advantage.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where safety was an issue.   1 Answer
    • If I invested $100 in you, how would I know my investment paid off?   1 Answer

Project Superintendent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Turner Construction (Somerset, NJ).

Interview

met with several management employees who took turns asking questions about previous work performed and my role on the project,why I wanted to come to Turner and what I had to offer as a Superintendent ,my willingness to Train and be trained and my salary expectations along with benefits.

Interview Questions

• If I can run a self perform crew   1 Answer

Negotiation

they are very competitive

Bim Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Turner Construction (New York, NY).

Interview

Multiple interviews in one morning asking about experience and skills. Interview with HR manager. Asked about specific examples of challenges that i overcame in the workplace and looked at specific BIM projects.

Overall people interviewing were friendly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation in the workplace that you overcame.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Turner Construction (Buffalo, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

applied online in December 2013 on turner website for intern and got call from HR manager in February for interview with engineer on campus at UB. Had interview on campus in march.