Turner Construction

Updated Aug 18, 2014
Updated Aug 18, 2014

2.9

Engineering Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Turner Construction.

Talked to them at a school job fair. Was called to have a first round interview

Interview Questions
    • tell me an about a time when someone else's culture made you change how you acted toward that person or situation.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Turner Construction in December 2011.

Multiple interview process. Seems like they had no intention of hiring and just were doing there own research. They are a large contractor with some federal contracts,do you'll have better luck if you are an underrepresented minority.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Turner Construction in March 2014.

I was invited for a second round interview for the Oakland office. The process was simple, two 1 on 1 interviews for 30 minutes each. I see a pattern on what kind of people would like to ask different types of questions through personal experience. From what I can comprehend the people with 20+ years of experience would shy away from behavioral questions to get personal with you. That includes an in depth analysis of your resume, as well as personal questions. On the other hand, people with less years of experience tend to briefly go over your resume, then jump right into the behavior questions, so prepare them ahead of time. Overall if you have a great resume and prepared for the behavioral questions the interview is very easy. I was given an offer on the same day of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to coach someone and what were the results   Answer Question
    non-negotiable, a offer was made and I just accepted it.

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Turner Construction.

The job was posted on our university's career website. I was selected for a personal interview. Interview was behavioral and all questions were common behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • How would you convince a sub contractor to agree on your opinion?   Answer Question

Assistant Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Turner Construction in April 2010.

I attended a NSBE Conference in Dallas, TX where I interviewed or an entry level position. The interview went well however I expressed that I was interested in positions in Indianapolis, IN or Philadelphia. My interviewer said that we would see if he could put me in contact with that office. About 3 weeks later, I received a call from HR in the Indianapolis office and was set up for a phone interview with the VP and Operations Manager the following week. After the phone interview I was suppose to fly in for an in person interview, but instead I got a call and was presented with an offer.

Interview Questions
    I was just coming out of college and based on research the offer was accepted in my eyes so I didn't do any negotiating. I had to relocate to the new position and received a stipend to help with my move which was very helpful.

Intern Interview

Applied Through Campus Recruitment

Interview Questions
    • What is a situation you were involved with where it was difficult to work in a team   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Turner Construction in October 2013.

Applied at career fair, had a good conversation with the recruiter. Got the on campuse interview two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Describe what you had done in the bid day in your internship.   View Answer

Assistant Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Turner Construction.

Turner makes hiring decisions based upon quotas for diversity. Be prepared for someone with less experience or education to be selected due to diversity. Multiple layers of interviews with compromising questions.

Interview Questions
    Non existent. Here's the deal take it or leave it. Some tried to negotiate based upon criteria that should have granted a higher level.

Purchasing Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Turner Construction in August 2013.

I received an email from the office manager after I applied on line. I was given a date with a few time slot options for my in person interview. I had to pay for parking on the day of my interview. I was not notified ahead of time regarding the panel interview (3 managers and the general manager). During the interview, 2 out of the 4 individuals seemed tense and anxious!

Interview Questions
    • Are you going to talk about us and this interview in a negative or positive way?   Answer Question

Various Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Turner Construction in December 2013.

Initially had a 1-on-1 interview at my University, which led to a call-back for another. The second inter I was flown into one of their head offices and was told that the first night will consist of a dinner meeting and in the morning I will be subjected to a 6 hour interview with a panel of roughly 8 people. It turned out my whole interview process took 6.5 hours to complete and with that I was completed.
    The interviewers had pleasant things to say about the company, and their body language, for the most part, said the same as I talked with them. Some interviewers were a bit more relaxed in how they interviewed, whereas some were more cut-and-dry with their questions. They all seemed very into the company and I got the vibe it was a strong team-driven workforce. Overall it was a long interview, but they did pay for my travel expenses right away and the people there were extremely kind and knowledgeable about the company.

Interview Questions
    • What exactly do you think you can bring to this company?   Answer Question