Turner Construction

81 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Field Engineer Interview

Field Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Turner Construction.

Interview Details – The job was posted on our university's career website. I was selected for a personal interview. Interview was behavioral and all questions were common behavioral questions.

Interview Question – How would you convince a sub contractor to agree on your opinion?   Answer Question

Indianapolis, IN

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Turner Construction in April 2010.

Interview Details – I attended a NSBE Conference in Dallas, TX where I interviewed or an entry level position. The interview went well however I expressed that I was interested in positions in Indianapolis, IN or Philadelphia. My interviewer said that we would see if he could put me in contact with that office. About 3 weeks later, I received a call from HR in the Indianapolis office and was set up for a phone interview with the VP and Operations Manager the following week. After the phone interview I was suppose to fly in for an in person interview, but instead I got a call and was presented with an offer.

Interview Question – The interview as pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was just coming out of college and based on research the offer was accepted in my eyes so I didn't do any negotiating. I had to relocate to the new position and received a stipend to help with my move which was very helpful.

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Turner Construction

Interview Details – Applied Through Campus Recruitment

Interview Question – What is a situation you were involved with where it was difficult to work in a team   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Turner Construction in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied at career fair, had a good conversation with the recruiter. Got the on campuse interview two weeks later.

Interview Question – Describe what you had done in the bid day in your internship.   View Answer

Assistant Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Turner Construction.

Interview Details – Turner makes hiring decisions based upon quotas for diversity. Be prepared for someone with less experience or education to be selected due to diversity. Multiple layers of interviews with compromising questions.

Interview Question – How would you sell Turner.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non existent. Here's the deal take it or leave it. Some tried to negotiate based upon criteria that should have granted a higher level.

Purchasing Administrative Assistant Interview

Purchasing Administrative Assistant
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Turner Construction in August 2013.

Interview Details – I received an email from the office manager after I applied on line. I was given a date with a few time slot options for my in person interview. I had to pay for parking on the day of my interview. I was not notified ahead of time regarding the panel interview (3 managers and the general manager). During the interview, 2 out of the 4 individuals seemed tense and anxious!

Interview Question – Are you going to talk about us and this interview in a negative or positive way?   Answer Question

Various Interview

Various
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Turner Construction in December 2013.

Interview Details – Initially had a 1-on-1 interview at my University, which led to a call-back for another. The second inter I was flown into one of their head offices and was told that the first night will consist of a dinner meeting and in the morning I will be subjected to a 6 hour interview with a panel of roughly 8 people. It turned out my whole interview process took 6.5 hours to complete and with that I was completed.
The interviewers had pleasant things to say about the company, and their body language, for the most part, said the same as I talked with them. Some interviewers were a bit more relaxed in how they interviewed, whereas some were more cut-and-dry with their questions. They all seemed very into the company and I got the vibe it was a strong team-driven workforce. Overall it was a long interview, but they did pay for my travel expenses right away and the people there were extremely kind and knowledgeable about the company.

Interview Question – What exactly do you think you can bring to this company?   Answer Question

Engineering Assistant Interview

Engineering Assistant
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Turner Construction in December 2013.

Interview Details – apply through campus career website and then got a phone call one month later. Then I went to the NYC office, which looks great. There were 6 candidates and 5 interviewers. Each candidate meets with every interviewer individually in a row. it lasted 3 hours. They asked behavior questions, background questions, and let you ask them questions.

Interview Question – which situation you perform better, working in team or working alone?
do you ever encountered with conflicts between group project, and how did you react?
  Answer Question

QC Inspector Interview

QC Inspector
Sulphur, LA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Turner Construction in September 2012.

Interview Details – Standard and testing for company certifications

New York, NY

Interviewed at Turner Construction

Interview Details – On campus Interview after I applied online to the position. I waited for around a month to be contacted and I know for a fact that there is a second interview after you pass the first one so you need to wait for their call. Second interview is longer and more complicated.

Interview Question – When is the time you solved a Problem between subcontractors.
A lot of questions long interview
  View Answer