Turner Construction

Updated Jan 25, 2015
Updated Jan 25, 2015

2.8

Engineering Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Turner Construction.

Talked to them at a school job fair. Was called to have a first round interview

Interview Questions
    • tell me an about a time when someone else's culture made you change how you acted toward that person or situation.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Turner Construction.

The job was posted on our university's career website. I was selected for a personal interview. Interview was behavioral and all questions were common behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • How would you convince a sub contractor to agree on your opinion?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Turner Construction in March 2014.

I was invited for a second round interview for the Oakland office. The process was simple, two 1 on 1 interviews for 30 minutes each. I see a pattern on what kind of people would like to ask different types of questions through personal experience. From what I can comprehend the people with 20+ years of experience would shy away from behavioral questions to get personal with you. That includes an in depth analysis of your resume, as well as personal questions. On the other hand, people with less years of experience tend to briefly go over your resume, then jump right into the behavior questions, so prepare them ahead of time. Overall if you have a great resume and prepared for the behavioral questions the interview is very easy. I was given an offer on the same day of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to coach someone and what were the results   Answer Question
    non-negotiable, a offer was made and I just accepted it.

Intern Interview

Applied Through Campus Recruitment

Interview Questions
    • What is a situation you were involved with where it was difficult to work in a team   Answer Question

Assistant Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Turner Construction.

Turner makes hiring decisions based upon quotas for diversity. Be prepared for someone with less experience or education to be selected due to diversity. Multiple layers of interviews with compromising questions.

Interview Questions
    Non existent. Here's the deal take it or leave it. Some tried to negotiate based upon criteria that should have granted a higher level.

Engineering Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Turner Construction in December 2013.

apply through campus career website and then got a phone call one month later. Then I went to the NYC office, which looks great. There were 6 candidates and 5 interviewers. Each candidate meets with every interviewer individually in a row. it lasted 3 hours. They asked behavior questions, background questions, and let you ask them questions.

Interview Questions
    • which situation you perform better, working in team or working alone?
      do you ever encountered with conflicts between group project, and how did you react?

Answer Question

Assistant Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

On campus Interview after I applied online to the position. I waited for around a month to be contacted and I know for a fact that there is a second interview after you pass the first one so you need to wait for their call. Second interview is longer and more complicated.

Interview Questions
    • When is the time you solved a Problem between subcontractors.
      A lot of questions long interview

View Answer

Various Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Turner Construction in December 2013.

Initially had a 1-on-1 interview at my University, which led to a call-back for another. The second inter I was flown into one of their head offices and was told that the first night will consist of a dinner meeting and in the morning I will be subjected to a 6 hour interview with a panel of roughly 8 people. It turned out my whole interview process took 6.5 hours to complete and with that I was completed.
    The interviewers had pleasant things to say about the company, and their body language, for the most part, said the same as I talked with them. Some interviewers were a bit more relaxed in how they interviewed, whereas some were more cut-and-dry with their questions. They all seemed very into the company and I got the vibe it was a strong team-driven workforce. Overall it was a long interview, but they did pay for my travel expenses right away and the people there were extremely kind and knowledgeable about the company.

Interview Questions
    • What exactly do you think you can bring to this company?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Turner Construction.

Haven't finished the process yet, so I had to mark 'No Offer'

Met a recruiter at a career fair and talked, things went well, and the next morning he called me about setting up a on-campus interview.

Campus interview was with two people, the recruiter I talked with and another employee. They went over my resume and asked standard behavioral questions such as dealing with conflicts and ethics. Interview went very smoothly and they didn't ask cheap questions like what are your weaknesses.

Got a call about 10 days later to set up a second interview, hoping that it will go well! Turner is an excellent company and if you are interviewing you should be excited about the company.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had to resolve a conflict on a job site.   View Answer

Project Engineer Interview

I Initially spoke to Turner at a college career fair. About a week after the career fair, I was called and invited to an interview in their local office. After Interviewing at their local office, I was offered another interview at the office I was interested in working at.