Turner Construction

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Engineer Interview

Assistant Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Turner Construction in September 2012.

Interview Details – The process included conversations with multiple figures within the company. The first was a face to face conversation with an HR representative that visited our campus during an employment expo. The representative took a hard copy of my resume and contacted me a few months later with an invitation to speak with a superintendent employed with the company which also happened at my campus. The interview materialized into an offer for an internship. During the internship, I met with numerous other figures including site employees and office leads.

Interview Question – The interviewer asked me to relay the most challenging issue I'd encountered during my time managing projects. Attempting to collect the issue into the concise points requested was somewhat difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not attracted to the first offer and responded saying that I would wait approximately 6 mo to review my other opportunities. The company resent the offer with a slight increase in pay and a different position.

Engineer Interview

Engineer

Interviewed at Turner Construction

Interview Details – After going through the initial screening interview, I was brought into the office for the second interview. I was told I would be reimbursed for gas (I was not) and after going through the entire interview, I was told there would not be an opening for another 6 months, but they would hold onto my resume in case there is an opening that I would fit in. However, the interviewers were friendly.

Interview Question – At the end of the interview, I was asked "What are your best qualities that we have not covered yet?"   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer
Cincinnati, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Turner Construction in August 2012.

Interview Details – I responded to their job posting a my university job center web site. I met with them about a week later and interviewed with two recruiting representatives. Once the interview was over they informed me how long it might be to determine if I would make it to the next round which would include going to their office and meeting other senior executives. Shortly after my second interview I was given an offer

Negotiation Details – not much of a negotiation since I was pleased with their offer

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Turner Construction.

Interview Details – I went to an engineering convention where I got an interview on the spot. Three months later, the closest office to my location contacted me for an interview at their office. While there, I had a 1:1 interview with management then another 1:1 interview with an HR representative. It lasted about 1 hour. I had a response within a week.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in construction/ for Turner?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation because it was an internship.

Field Engineer Interview

Field Engineer

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Turner Construction in February 2013.

Interview Details – I met my interviewer at a school career fair, so it was pretty helpful to have talked with him before. It was a more casual interview and he was very helpful, though I felt like he was talking more than I was. Overall a positive experience.

Interview Question – Have you ever failed at something and how did you overcome it? (Something along those lines.)   View Answer

YouthForce 2020 Internship/Scholarship Interview

YouthForce 2020 Internship/Scholarship
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Turner Construction in June 2012.

Interview Details – Turner is an advanced company especially in the construction and engineering field. My first interview with them was in high school, i had two interviews. The first lady was nice, she had glasses and she was kind hearted who reffered me to the second interview. The second lady was also nice as well. However i felt as if she was harsh, especially a student who had interned at two engineering firms previous to applying to this position, had done well on the interview in my opinion, and had a portfolio of engineering work done in life. She is the HR manager, blonde hair, and a little tall.

Interview Question – How does your field of engineering relate to Turner Construction?   Answer Question

Entry Level Engineer (Civil Engineering/Construction) Interview

Entry Level Engineer (Civil Engineering/Construction)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Turner Construction.

Interview Details – I met Turner at a career fair on my university campus and talked with the recruiters at the booth. I had a very casual conversation about what I was looking for and asked more detailed questions about Turner. From their, the recruiter asked if I'd like an interview and I accepted. The next day, I had an on campus interview with the same two recruiters. These were very situationally based. If you were in this position or this conflict, what did you do etc. From there, I waited a few weeks and received a call to come into the Turner office for a second interview. It was a whole day interview with four, 45 minute interviews in the morning, each with one person. Then lunch mingling with all the employees. Then a visit to a project site. Overall, it was a very good experience regardless if I get the job or not, because it helped me get a better feel for the company.

Interview Question – The toughest questions were about situations where conflict arose and how I handled it, especially in a team setting. And I had to be very detailed about the thought process etc.   Answer Question

Carpenter/Office Clerk Interview

Carpenter/Office Clerk
San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source - interviewed at Turner Construction in December 2010.

Interview Details – I was hired out of the hiring hall from Carpenters Local 217 which is located in Foster City, CA.

Bim Engineer Interview

Bim Engineer
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Turner Construction in July 2011.

Interview Details – Round 1 - phone interview
Round 2 - interviewed with multiple management staff all 1:1,

Field Engineer Interview

Field Engineer
New York, NY

Interviewed at Turner Construction

Interview Details – Met with Turner at a career fair held by NYU-Poly in Brooklyn, NY. Handed my resume and spoke with a Turner rep/recruiter for 3-5min. They asked pretty simple straight forward questions on background, experience and my interest to pursue a creer at Turner. About two weeks later I received an email from NYU liaison (career center) that I was offered an interview for Field Engineer position (not in their office rather on campus).

A day or two prior to the interview Turner held a information session at NYU-Poly and gave their spiel on Turner (its history & accomplishments) and how great it would be to be part of such a firm. Was nice, after all, they have done a lot. Many showed up (most were undergrads) but just a few had interviews, so the point was ....?

Interview:
Supposed to be 30min but I was in there for 50. A lot of personal questions on background, hobbies, work experience, aspirations and goals (short term / long term). I thought it went well, some laughs and very approachable yet professional. Being that I had 5yrs field experience I was told that I was kinda "overqualified" for such position so I explained that it was at mom/pop company in NYC and I pursued a MS degree to bundle it together so I can transition into a larger firm and have a management position. I don't know if that got through though...

I have 2 friend that work their and are very happy. Two of my classmates, whom had interviews as well, received notifications one of which was an offer for a 2nd interview (she was the only grad student out of six and she got the job - best of luck CC!) and the other was a "sorry, take care". Bottom line for me was I never heard back for a yes or no.

Interview Question – Imprecisely:
Have you ever been in a position where you disagreed with your team's (or superior) decision for something or coarse of action? If yes, how did you deal with it/approach it? If not, how would you; what would you do?
  Answer Question