Turner Construction

2.8

Entry Level Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Turner Construction in October 2013.

Went to a turner info session, dropped my resume and talked a bit with the recruiter. After a day or two I received an email requesting a first round interview. The interview was held on campus and was composed on a combination of behavioral questions and questions relating to my resume.

Interview Questions
    • How did you go above and beyond at your internship or previous job   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Turner Construction in October 2013.

Applied at career fair, had a good conversation with the recruiter. Got the on campuse interview two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Describe what you had done in the bid day in your internship.   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Turner Construction.

I received the interview by having a conversation with a recruiter at a career fair. The interview was the next day and they did not ask any behavioral questions. They wanted to know my experiences, how those experiences would help the company, and why I wanted to work for Turner. Internships with Turner are very competitive but if you can answer those three questions well, you have a good chance.

Purchasing Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Turner Construction in August 2013.

I received an email from the office manager after I applied on line. I was given a date with a few time slot options for my in person interview. I had to pay for parking on the day of my interview. I was not notified ahead of time regarding the panel interview (3 managers and the general manager). During the interview, 2 out of the 4 individuals seemed tense and anxious!

Interview Questions
    • Are you going to talk about us and this interview in a negative or positive way?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The interview went well, they were open minded and didn't grill me. Asked about my course work and how I relate to others. It is typical for them to be concerned with team work mentality.

Interview Questions
    • Can you give me an example of a time when you had to be a leader?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

After going through the initial screening interview, I was brought into the office for the second interview. I was told I would be reimbursed for gas (I was not) and after going through the entire interview, I was told there would not be an opening for another 6 months, but they would hold onto my resume in case there is an opening that I would fit in. However, the interviewers were friendly.

Interview Questions
    • At the end of the interview, I was asked "What are your best qualities that we have not covered yet?"   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Turner Construction in May 2013.

I submitted my resume for an advertised position approximately four months prior to being contacted for an interview. I had an initial telephone interview with Corporate HR, which led to a phone interview with an Executive in Seattle, WA. This led to a breakfast meeting / interview with the local Operations Manager. I then received an offer within one week.

Get as much as you can up-front prior to accepting. This is your last chance before falling into the typical company annual review, etc.

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Turner Construction.

I went to an engineering convention where I got an interview on the spot. Three months later, the closest office to my location contacted me for an interview at their office. While there, I had a 1:1 interview with management then another 1:1 interview with an HR representative. It lasted about 1 hour. I had a response within a week.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in construction/ for Turner?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation because it was an internship.

Entry Level Engineer (Civil Engineering/Construction) Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Turner Construction.

I met Turner at a career fair on my university campus and talked with the recruiters at the booth. I had a very casual conversation about what I was looking for and asked more detailed questions about Turner. From their, the recruiter asked if I'd like an interview and I accepted. The next day, I had an on campus interview with the same two recruiters. These were very situationally based. If you were in this position or this conflict, what did you do etc. From there, I waited a few weeks and received a call to come into the Turner office for a second interview. It was a whole day interview with four, 45 minute interviews in the morning, each with one person. Then lunch mingling with all the employees. Then a visit to a project site. Overall, it was a very good experience regardless if I get the job or not, because it helped me get a better feel for the company.

Interview Questions
    • The toughest questions were about situations where conflict arose and how I handled it, especially in a team setting. And I had to be very detailed about the thought process etc.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source – interviewed at Turner Construction in March 2013.

I was part of a group of five other potential hires in the interview pool. The interviewers consisted of four Turner employees, each of whom interviewed each individual potential hire personally. The interviewers all came from different departments and positions: one was an HVAC engineer, one was a field engineer, one was an HR manager, one was a vice president.

Each interviewer asked you questions based on their own backgrounds and positions, and you could ask questions of your own based on the interviewer's background. Even though I didn't get the job, I did learn a good deal from some of the interviewers with the questions I asked. The vice president, who interviewed me last, even told me that I had a great interview based on the questions I asked. But I sort of knew that I probably wouldn't get the job because the other potential hires appeared more qualified than me.

Interview Questions
    • I had the most problems with the HR manager's questions, because I was more focused on asking construction/engineering-related questions than HR questions.   Answer Question