Turner Construction

2.9

Civil Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Turner Construction.

College Career Fair. I went and talked to recruiters. I explained them why I was interested in Turner Construction and what I can bring to the table. They scheduled me for a second interview with a regional manager. The guy was not cooperative at all.

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Turner Construction.

I received the interview by having a conversation with a recruiter at a career fair. The interview was the next day and they did not ask any behavioral questions. They wanted to know my experiences, how those experiences would help the company, and why I wanted to work for Turner. Internships with Turner are very competitive but if you can answer those three questions well, you have a good chance.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Turner Construction in June 2009.

Multi-day, multi-step

10 minute discussion

Assistant Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Turner Construction in September 2012.

The process included conversations with multiple figures within the company. The first was a face to face conversation with an HR representative that visited our campus during an employment expo. The representative took a hard copy of my resume and contacted me a few months later with an invitation to speak with a superintendent employed with the company which also happened at my campus. The interview materialized into an offer for an internship. During the internship, I met with numerous other figures including site employees and office leads.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer asked me to relay the most challenging issue I'd encountered during my time managing projects. Attempting to collect the issue into the concise points requested was somewhat difficult.   Answer Question
    I was not attracted to the first offer and responded saying that I would wait approximately 6 mo to review my other opportunities. The company resent the offer with a slight increase in pay and a different position.

Engineer Interview

After going through the initial screening interview, I was brought into the office for the second interview. I was told I would be reimbursed for gas (I was not) and after going through the entire interview, I was told there would not be an opening for another 6 months, but they would hold onto my resume in case there is an opening that I would fit in. However, the interviewers were friendly.

Interview Questions
    • At the end of the interview, I was asked "What are your best qualities that we have not covered yet?"   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Turner Construction in August 2012.

I responded to their job posting a my university job center web site. I met with them about a week later and interviewed with two recruiting representatives. Once the interview was over they informed me how long it might be to determine if I would make it to the next round which would include going to their office and meeting other senior executives. Shortly after my second interview I was given an offer

not much of a negotiation since I was pleased with their offer

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Turner Construction.

I went to an engineering convention where I got an interview on the spot. Three months later, the closest office to my location contacted me for an interview at their office. While there, I had a 1:1 interview with management then another 1:1 interview with an HR representative. It lasted about 1 hour. I had a response within a week.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in construction/ for Turner?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation because it was an internship.

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Turner Construction in February 2013.

I met my interviewer at a school career fair, so it was pretty helpful to have talked with him before. It was a more casual interview and he was very helpful, though I felt like he was talking more than I was. Overall a positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever failed at something and how did you overcome it? (Something along those lines.)   View Answer

YouthForce 2020 Internship/Scholarship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Turner Construction in June 2012.

Turner is an advanced company especially in the construction and engineering field. My first interview with them was in high school, i had two interviews. The first lady was nice, she had glasses and she was kind hearted who reffered me to the second interview. The second lady was also nice as well. However i felt as if she was harsh, especially a student who had interned at two engineering firms previous to applying to this position, had done well on the interview in my opinion, and had a portfolio of engineering work done in life. She is the HR manager, blonde hair, and a little tall.

Interview Questions
    • How does your field of engineering relate to Turner Construction?   Answer Question

Entry Level Engineer (Civil Engineering/Construction) Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Turner Construction.

I met Turner at a career fair on my university campus and talked with the recruiters at the booth. I had a very casual conversation about what I was looking for and asked more detailed questions about Turner. From their, the recruiter asked if I'd like an interview and I accepted. The next day, I had an on campus interview with the same two recruiters. These were very situationally based. If you were in this position or this conflict, what did you do etc. From there, I waited a few weeks and received a call to come into the Turner office for a second interview. It was a whole day interview with four, 45 minute interviews in the morning, each with one person. Then lunch mingling with all the employees. Then a visit to a project site. Overall, it was a very good experience regardless if I get the job or not, because it helped me get a better feel for the company.

Interview Questions
    • The toughest questions were about situations where conflict arose and how I handled it, especially in a team setting. And I had to be very detailed about the thought process etc.   Answer Question