Turner Construction

2.8

Civil Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Turner Construction.

College Career Fair. I went and talked to recruiters. I explained them why I was interested in Turner Construction and what I can bring to the table. They scheduled me for a second interview with a regional manager. The guy was not cooperative at all.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Turner Construction in October 2013.

The staff was very nice. 3 engineers interviewed me along with another 3 candidates separately. I had 1:1 with eahc of the engineers for about 1t5 min with each and they asked typical interviews questions.

Entry Level Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Turner Construction in October 2013.

Went to a turner info session, dropped my resume and talked a bit with the recruiter. After a day or two I received an email requesting a first round interview. The interview was held on campus and was composed on a combination of behavioral questions and questions relating to my resume.

Interview Questions
    • How did you go above and beyond at your internship or previous job   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Turner Construction in October 2013.

Applied at career fair, had a good conversation with the recruiter. Got the on campuse interview two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Describe what you had done in the bid day in your internship.   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Turner Construction.

I received the interview by having a conversation with a recruiter at a career fair. The interview was the next day and they did not ask any behavioral questions. They wanted to know my experiences, how those experiences would help the company, and why I wanted to work for Turner. Internships with Turner are very competitive but if you can answer those three questions well, you have a good chance.

Purchasing Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Turner Construction in August 2013.

I received an email from the office manager after I applied on line. I was given a date with a few time slot options for my in person interview. I had to pay for parking on the day of my interview. I was not notified ahead of time regarding the panel interview (3 managers and the general manager). During the interview, 2 out of the 4 individuals seemed tense and anxious!

Interview Questions
    • Are you going to talk about us and this interview in a negative or positive way?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The interview went well, they were open minded and didn't grill me. Asked about my course work and how I relate to others. It is typical for them to be concerned with team work mentality.

Interview Questions
    • Can you give me an example of a time when you had to be a leader?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

After going through the initial screening interview, I was brought into the office for the second interview. I was told I would be reimbursed for gas (I was not) and after going through the entire interview, I was told there would not be an opening for another 6 months, but they would hold onto my resume in case there is an opening that I would fit in. However, the interviewers were friendly.

Interview Questions
    • At the end of the interview, I was asked "What are your best qualities that we have not covered yet?"   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Turner Construction in May 2013.

I submitted my resume for an advertised position approximately four months prior to being contacted for an interview. I had an initial telephone interview with Corporate HR, which led to a phone interview with an Executive in Seattle, WA. This led to a breakfast meeting / interview with the local Operations Manager. I then received an offer within one week.

Get as much as you can up-front prior to accepting. This is your last chance before falling into the typical company annual review, etc.

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Turner Construction.

I went to an engineering convention where I got an interview on the spot. Three months later, the closest office to my location contacted me for an interview at their office. While there, I had a 1:1 interview with management then another 1:1 interview with an HR representative. It lasted about 1 hour. I had a response within a week.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in construction/ for Turner?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation because it was an internship.