Turning Technologies

Turning Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Jan 22, 2015
Updated Jan 22, 2015

Sales Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Turning Technologies.

I spoke to 3 different people within the organization. My experience is that their culture and leadership in the Higher Education division is very "women on power trip" dominated.

They ask 1 or 2 questions at the interview, then asked if I had any questions. They aren't interested in getting to know you genuinely, rather they are looking for a strong independent female.

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Youngstown, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Turning Technologies in January 2015.

The interview process is very long and very drawn out. I had a first interview (phone) about three to four weeks ago, and then I had a second interview (in person) about two weeks ago, and I have yet to hear much of anything back like promised. I was also told there may be possible third interviews too, but I haven't heard if those will take place or not. They seem very unprepared to hire, and seem scattered too. Rather I have had to be the proactive one to get any responses back. Then when I do get responses back, they contradict previous ones.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Turning Technologies.

Two interviews, which included a phone interview with the HR representative and then an in-person interview with a manager.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Youngstown, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Turning Technologies.

First you will be brought in for an initial interview with HR and sales manager who oversees the territory for the open position. They will ask you the basic background questions about your education, career, etc. If successful, you will be brought in for a group presentation to all of the sales manager and VP of sales. They will give you the details in advance on what they want you to present. They are very understanding your knowledge of the company will be minimal, but are more looking to see how you present and handle yourself in a group presentation setting. Afterwards, they will ask additional interview questions in a panel discussion style.

Interview Questions
    • What's the one word that people who know you would use to describe you?   Answer Question
    There really wasn't an opportunity to negotiate, as everything was laid out ahead of time.

Internship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Turning Technologies in October 2012.

Was recommended for the internship by an instructor who forwarded my resume. Scheduled a time for a phone interview and that was that. At first, I spoke with faculty who wanted to gauge how much I knew about Turning Tech's products — as a student, of course, we tend to be fairly familiar with them — and what they expected of a campus intern, particularly whether I was willing to work with them.

A few days later, we'd arranged a phone interview around noon time with Turning Tech's campus account manager and another employee who coordinated with interns on how they could help faculty and students as well as helping them with anything they needed. The interview covered mostly personal background, work history, and how I approached customer support and my views on how Turning Tech products might be used (e.g., whether they were just for multiple choice questions or what else one might do with them to enhance a class). Overall, it was very pleasant. Both of my interviewers were polite and answered my questions clearly, as well.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with an unhappy user, faculty member, or student?   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Youngstown, OH

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Turning Technologies.

Add on Monster, Initial phone screen with hiring manager; in person interview with hiring manager; HR call.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Very standard stuff.   View Answer
    It was a joke. They have one salary level in sales, regardless of your background and experience. no negotiation. You take it or you pass.