Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Brunswick, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

I applied online. The process took 8 months - interviewed at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center in June 2011.

Submit a resume, call, wait 6 months to a year, interview.hired,no training. Not much left to say. The process is extremely easy in fact too easy. This company doesn't even drug test you which i found to be odd because you are working so closely with children.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time that was most stressful and how it affected your work ethic?   Answer Question
    no negotiation computer decides salary

Lead Teacher Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center in September 2013.

I applied online and took an assessment. I was then called on the phone and asked some simple questions. I had a one on one interview where they conducted the intial background check. Afterwards I was made an offer. I then had to do about a 3 hour orientation with the director, then the next day an 8 training off site. I then had 2 days of training with a teacher. The director asked me if I was ready to be on my own, and I was so I began to work alone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Anthem, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anthem, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center in June 2012.

I filled out an application online, along with the application you take a test with a variety of questions. These questions are meant to assess your ability to work well with others, how you deal with specific situations both inside and outside the work place. You answer these questions either true or false, or on a scale from completely agree to completely disagree. Some other questions on this timed test are to determine your ability to follow directions or procedures. Instructions, for example, are given then you are asked the correct way to file paperwork. There are no trick questions.
    Once you pass the online tests you recieve an email stating they would like to schedule an interview with you. The questions asked are fairly straight forward. They walk you around the daycare as they inquire about your previous experiences working with children. They ask situational questions, such as "what would you do if when working with a child..." or what would you say to a parent when certian concerns or issues arise.

Interview Questions
    You are not able to negotiate pay

Assistant Teacher Interview

Submitted resume online, was called within a week to come in. Then was asked to fill out an application with a few short questions about childcare (children biting children, how to handle parents etc.) then asked to do a 30 minute assessment online. Came in for a 2 hour classroom assessment then hired on the spot. Overall, extremely easy process.

Lead Teacher Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center.

Very subtle as long as you apply through snagajob you would then have to wait for them to e-mail you a test. If they have not emailed you the test, call them and ask did they recieve your inquiry. You MUST score a 75% or higher in order to get called in for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • how to handle a parent who wants or feels they child is getting not enough or too much attention   View Answer
    pretty concrete, but try to negotiate per hour pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cherry Hill, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center in February 2011.

There was very little in the way of an actual interview. Few questions were asked relating to my prior experience. I brought along a binder showing examples of my work and lesson plans from my former school and they were not looked at.
    Once I was hired, I was given one day of training before being placed in the classroom. I did not complete my training until 2 months later.

Interview Questions
    • There were few questions asked so there were no unexpected or difficult questions   Answer Question
    I was originally offered the hours of 9:30 - 6:30 but declined them because of my family. I was then offered 8:30-5:30 and I accepted that.

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Riverside, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center in January 2009.

After applying, I had a phone interview. The interview took about 30 minutes. The questions asked are pretty " stock" for child care and are a part of a rating system that tells them if you are a HQC (Highly Qualified Candidate). If you don't score in the area of Assistant Director, they may offer you a lead teacher position or other position.

Then I had an in person interview with the Center Director for the school I applied at and finally an informal interview with the Regional Director. I brought a portfolio with me which was well received.

Interview Questions
    • They will want to know your experience, how you think children learn, what ages you can and cannot work with.   Answer Question
    They were not wiling budge on the salary offer but offered to review it with me in six months.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gahanna, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gahanna, OH

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center in January 2009.

hired at interview, BSI background check

Interview Questions
    • What values would you bring to Tutor Time? How would you deal with unruly children   Answer Question
    None

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center in June 2012.

Well, the person greeted me and took me into a room to do the interview. Asked the questions like what would you do if another child fought with another child? Then went to ask about how many years of education or day care experience I had. I mean this is the 6th time I've tried applying and getting a job here at Tutor Time, but did not tell them that. Anyhow, asked the who, what, how and when questions, as well as the why. Asked in the interview my flexibility and said open morning to evenings. That I love children and like to teach, motivate and guide them in the right direction. After the interview was done, the lady said that the director had to go over the questions to see about a second interview and that it would be about a week or two. Anyhow, I am not sure what's going on, it's been over a week and I think that something is not right..

Interview Questions
    • What is the least thing liked about day care?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Farmington Hills, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center in January 2011.

I applied to the job via craigslists. I was called the following day, has a mini interview over then phone and set up the interview. There was a director and two assistant directors in the room during the interview. It was very laid-back and the manager was very easy going. She used the behavioral based interview technique. They only called references that were related to the field. Everything from your education to years of experience is put into a computer to determine pay. So it is not negotiable.

One of the selling points was that they help with schooling, but it was only for $550 a year.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a circumstance when you didn't get alone with a parent?   Answer Question
    • What is your favorite part about working with children?   Answer Question
    • What is your least favorite part about working with children?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work with children?   Answer Question
    • What do you think the best form of punishment is?   View Answer

I declined this offer because the pay was too low ($8.50/hr).

Worked for Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center? Contribute to the Community!