Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center

Updated May 10, 2015

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center

Anonymous Employee in Commerce Township, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center (Commerce Township, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with the director and assistant director. Both were very nice and did a great job explaining the curriculum and companies philosophy. I felt at ease. I wished though I would have got a tour and met some of the other staff. When I left was told that the corporate office would have to do further reviewing of my application.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a fellow coworker breaking company policy?   Answer Question

Lead Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center.

Interview

Completed paperwork online. Took a test online which was personality and skills. Received email passed test and waited for call. Did not hear anything so went into center and had immediate interview and offer. Had to complete background check and tuberculosis test before I could be given start date. Easy interview no question pertaining to qualifications were asked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Levittown, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center (Levittown, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

1.Apply online, education questions and multiple choice quiz 2. Get a phone call to set up 1 on 1 interview, not more than 10 minutes call. 3. Be interviewed (30 min or more if they have the time and you are chatty) and wait for them to call you. Manager interviews you. She was really nice.

Interview Questions

• Experience teaching or with kids/ How would you handle a noisy parent?   Answer Question

Assistant Teacher Interview

Interview

Submitted resume online, was called within a week to come in. Then was asked to fill out an application with a few short questions about childcare (children biting children, how to handle parents etc.) then asked to do a 30 minute assessment online. Came in for a 2 hour classroom assessment then hired on the spot. Overall, extremely easy process.

Lead Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center in September 2013.

Interview

I applied online and took an assessment. I was then called on the phone and asked some simple questions. I had a one on one interview where they conducted the intial background check. Afterwards I was made an offer. I then had to do about a 3 hour orientation with the director, then the next day an 8 training off site. I then had 2 days of training with a teacher. The director asked me if I was ready to be on my own, and I was so I began to work alone.

Toddler Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center (West Haven, CT) in August 2013.

Interview

Asked about experience with kids, view on education, etc Brought up different scenarios that could happen in a room, what age group I wanted to work with, what I was looking for in a job. It was with the director and education coordinator

Lead Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center.

Interview

Very subtle as long as you apply through snagajob you would then have to wait for them to e-mail you a test. If they have not emailed you the test, call them and ask did they recieve your inquiry. You MUST score a 75% or higher in order to get called in for an interview.

Interview Questions

• how to handle a parent who wants or feels they child is getting not enough or too much attention   1 Answer

Negotiation

pretty concrete, but try to negotiate per hour pay.

Assistant Center Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabeth, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center (Elizabeth, NJ) in February 2013.

Interview

Basic nothing out of the ordinary. Questions were basic . Really did not describe support given as a company. Compensation and benefits I guess is comparable for the industry.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anthem, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center (Anthem, AZ) in June 2012.

Interview

I filled out an application online, along with the application you take a test with a variety of questions. These questions are meant to assess your ability to work well with others, how you deal with specific situations both inside and outside the work place. You answer these questions either true or false, or on a scale from completely agree to completely disagree. Some other questions on this timed test are to determine your ability to follow directions or procedures. Instructions, for example, are given then you are asked the correct way to file paperwork. There are no trick questions. Once you pass the online tests you recieve an email stating they would like to schedule an interview with you. The questions asked are fairly straight forward. They walk you around the daycare as they inquire about your previous experiences working with children. They ask situational questions, such as "what would you do if when working with a child..." or what would you say to a parent when certian concerns or issues arise.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You are not able to negotiate pay

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2012.

Interview

Well, the person greeted me and took me into a room to do the interview. Asked the questions like what would you do if another child fought with another child? Then went to ask about how many years of education or day care experience I had. I mean this is the 6th time I've tried applying and getting a job here at Tutor Time, but did not tell them that. Anyhow, asked the who, what, how and when questions, as well as the why. Asked in the interview my flexibility and said open morning to evenings. That I love children and like to teach, motivate and guide them in the right direction. After the interview was done, the lady said that the director had to go over the questions to see about a second interview and that it would be about a week or two. Anyhow, I am not sure what's going on, it's been over a week and I think that something is not right..

Interview Questions

• What is the least thing liked about day care?   1 Answer