Tutoring Club

1.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tutoring Club

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tutoring Club in October 2011.

It was a quick and simple interview. The center director asked me a few questions about myself and my experience with the subjects that I said I could tutor. She showed me some assessments and asked if I was able to solve the questions, without actually working them out. Basically after going through all that, the director asked me when I could start working. After you are hired, you just have to get a tb test and fingerprint background check.

Pay was probably negotiable, but as I did not know what the usual pay per hour was, I did not mention anything.

Tutor Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Tutoring Club in August 2011.

It was more of a conversation about the company, enrollment, what experience I had and how interested/committed I was, availability, etc.

Interview Questions
    Interviewer informed me of the rate and it was higher than I expected. I accepted happily.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Gatos, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Gatos, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Tutoring Club in January 2010.

Called and asked to supply references and then scheduled an interview. Casual 1:1 interview meant to gather intelligence, talk over company goals and teaching strategy, and to define a commitment term.
    Questions included my previous tutoring experience, my other non-paid experiences helping people, and my ability to tutor not only math and sciences classes but also reading and writing through their program.

Short and non negotiable

Tutor Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Tutoring Club in October 2011.

I responded to an ad on Craigslist, and was interviewed the next week. It was a 1:1 interview, very casual and informal. Just asked a couple questions regarding my resume, and then basic availability questions, etc. The interviewer was the owner of the specific club, and he was very easygoing. Pretty much the interview was to determine if you had the personality to work with the kids who you would tutor. Looking for someone "smiley", outgoing, and happy.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Salary depends on your credentials.