Tutoring Club

Relevance Date Difficulty
  • Popular Job Titles:
  • Tutor (4)

Tutor

I applied in-person - interviewed at Tutoring Club in August 2011.

Interview Details – It was more of a conversation about the company, enrollment, what experience I had and how interested/committed I was, availability, etc.

Interview Question – Don't remember there being any difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Interviewer informed me of the rate and it was higher than I expected. I accepted happily.

Very Easy Interview

Bakersfield, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Tutoring Club in October 2011.

Interview Details – It was a quick and simple interview. The center director asked me a few questions about myself and my experience with the subjects that I said I could tutor. She showed me some assessments and asked if I was able to solve the questions, without actually working them out. Basically after going through all that, the director asked me when I could start working. After you are hired, you just have to get a tb test and fingerprint background check.

Negotiation Details – Pay was probably negotiable, but as I did not know what the usual pay per hour was, I did not mention anything.

Los Gatos, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Tutoring Club in January 2010.

Interview Details – Called and asked to supply references and then scheduled an interview. Casual 1:1 interview meant to gather intelligence, talk over company goals and teaching strategy, and to define a commitment term.
Questions included my previous tutoring experience, my other non-paid experiences helping people, and my ability to tutor not only math and sciences classes but also reading and writing through their program.

Interview Question – What are your teaching experiences?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Short and non negotiable

Very Easy Interview

Tutor

The process took a day - interviewed at Tutoring Club in October 2011.

Interview Details – I responded to an ad on Craigslist, and was interviewed the next week. It was a 1:1 interview, very casual and informal. Just asked a couple questions regarding my resume, and then basic availability questions, etc. The interviewer was the owner of the specific club, and he was very easygoing. Pretty much the interview was to determine if you had the personality to work with the kids who you would tutor. Looking for someone "smiley", outgoing, and happy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Salary depends on your credentials.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Tutoring Club? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tutoring Club interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Tutoring Club employees and interview candidates.