Tween Brands Interview Questions

Updated Jul 11, 2014
Updated Jul 11, 2014

2.3

Ecommerce Interview

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Tween Brands.

After two phone screens, I went in for an in person interview. The hiring manager cursed throughout my phone screen and also in person. The other people I met with had not even looked at my resume, one of them told me "I didn't know I had to do this until 30 minutes ago." I had to correct them constantly on my credentials because they weren't prepared.

Interview Questions
    • How would you achieve buy in from others in the organization.   Answer Question

Brand Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Tween Brands in May 2014.

Filled out the application back in late January, received a call on May 12. Interviewed me on Thursday at 4:30. Was interviewed in the back room. Interview questions were pretty easy. Then was asked to pick out an outfit for a sporty girl who likes to play soccer. Then was asked do have any questions. And I was told I was going to receive a call back if they wanted me or not.

Lead Brand Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Valdosta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valdosta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Tween Brands in September 2011.

I was recruited to while walking through the mall. A new store was opening and Justice was hiring for upper and middle management positions. Underwent an initial interview with the district manager, Michelle. The interview took approximately 30 minutes and I received notice of my hiring within 3 hours. During the interview, however, several inappropriate questions were asked, such as marital status and age.

Interview Questions
    • "Our mission at Justice is to encourage our customers and make them feel good about themselves. How would you handle a situation if a customer wanted to purchase an outfit that was simply not flattering?"   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase. Simply an offer and an acceptance.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Albany, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Albany, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Tween Brands in July 2011.

I think there were 3 interviews total -- first was a phone interview with HR, then the second was a phone interview with the hiring manager, and third was in-person with hiring manager and other leadership within the division. The culture was open, business casual (but I'd dress a little more formal with style for interview, they appreciate it), and very friendly. They're hard workers!

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to give an example of an analysis I'd completed and the business impact at a prior job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tween Brands in May 2009.

During my interview, I was asked to construct an outfit that I would think a little girl would want to wear. Also I was asked why I wanted to work there and my previous experience.

Interview Questions
    • If someone were to have a budget of a certain amount, what would you do to help them out?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Brand Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Tween Brands in August 2013.

I thought that the hiring process was great. She asked questions about my customer experience background and asked me several questions regarding how I would handle certain situations with customers. The atmosphere at the store was warming and the people that work there are welcoming. I felt very comfortable while she was conducting my interview. The store was clean and presentable.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't asked any difficult or unexpected question. Most of the questions related to customer service which I have several years of experience in.   Answer Question
    I didn't have a negotiation phase.

Merchant In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tween Brands in July 2013.

Initial phone interview with HR. Final interviews at HQ. I was with 5 other girls who were up for the same program. They sat us at individual tables in the cafeteria and the 10 interviewers rotated between us.

Interview Questions
    • How would your current supervisor describe you in 3 words?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Albany, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Albany, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Tween Brands in September 2011.

Very straightforward and fair process. HR kept me appraised. At each step.

Offer was fair.

Rep Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Altoona, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altoona, PA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Tween Brands in April 2010.

phone interview

Brand Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Tween Brands in August 2009.

I simply walked in and asked for an application- MAKE SURE YOU ARE FRIENDLY AND YOU LOOK NICE WHEN YOU GET YOUR APPLICATION BECAUSE THIS IS WHEN THEY GET THEIR FIRST IMPRESSION OF YOU. I recieved an interview the minute I turned in my application, and a week later I had a one-on-one interview with the manager. It was more of a formality, because they had made up their mind to hire me before i set foot in her office.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation, it was understood that as a minor and a brand rep, I was to recieve minimum wage and whatever hours they wanted to give me.

Worked for Tween Brands? Contribute to the Community!