Twentieth Century Fox

Relevance Date Difficulty

Coordinator Interview

Coordinator
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Twentieth Century Fox in October 2013.

Interview Details – Had preliminary interview with two Human Resources managers. Then the second interview process was directly with the individual i was to work for. Both interviews did not take more than about forty minutes. Of course there is a lot of paperwork to be filled out.

My interview with my direct supervisor was a bit unusual. I didn't have any experience coming into this particular department, but it looked like my supervisor was anxious and desperate to just hire someone. Meeting with supervisor didn't take too long, and after leaving FOX, i felt duped as what I've done at the company was NOT what was in the job interview/hiring description. Again, very poor management over here.

Interview Question – Please tell us one negative thing about you and your working habit?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate the pay. At the time i received an offer from FOX, i had another job offer that came through that paid way better. Fox HR came back to me with a bit of a raised compensation, but they did not match the same pay offer as my other offer.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Twentieth Century Fox.

Interview Details – The Hiring Process started with an HR 15 minute phone interview. Once this was passed, you are invited to meet with an HR Representative and your future team members. The interview process was around 2 hours.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in 21st Century Fox? Describe a time when you came into conflict in the office? How did you react?   Answer Question

Sales Planner Interview

Sales Planner
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Twentieth Century Fox in July 2012.

Interview Details – I had a friend who worked at FOX send my resume directly to the National Sales Director. He reached out and had an initial call with me and set up the interview. Went to one interview with 3 of the employees from the department and it went great! After the interview, I had a call with the SVP of Sales (located in NYC) that evening. The next day I received a call with an offer for the position.

Interview Question – Give me an example where you improved the process/position you're currently at.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The bump up from my previous salary was large enough I didn't have to negotiate the salary. I did have to explain that my previous boss wanted me to stay for 1 month (instead of the normal 2 week notice).

Digital Copy Coordinator Interview

Digital Copy Coordinator
Century City, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Twentieth Century Fox in January 2013.

Interview Details – They reached out via email as my resume had been passed through to them. We had an initial phone call and one face-to-face interview. I was offered the job over the phone the next day, but told I would need to wait to hear from HR about the official offer. Several days later it arrived. After reviewing the opportunity and offer, I declined the position mostly due to personal reasons. The job and company seemed great but just not right for me at that time in my life.

Interview Question – For me the most difficult question was answering whether I'd be happy making the switch from post-production to coordinating.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Wasn't the right job for me at that time.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Twentieth Century Fox.

Interview Details – Received phone call and talked for one hour. Waited for few weeks for the interview decisions. However, still did not get any response from recruiter. Tried to email but did not get any response. Get a decision by calling several times to the recruiter.

QA Analyst Interview

QA Analyst

Interviewed at Twentieth Century Fox

Interview Details – Referred by friend to Fox. Their internal staffing company called for an easy phone interview. A face to face meeting with the project manager I'd be reporting to was set up.

Interview Question – Tell me about your last job   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Co-ep Interview

Co-ep
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Twentieth Century Fox in September 2009.

Interview Details – phone interview by someone i had previously worked for. hired but ordered to start the next day.

Interview Question – i was misinformed and misled when told subject matter of show. question regarding something that should have been confidential regarding show contestants was ordered to reveal.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – was told no negotiation possible so didn't involve agent

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Twentieth Century Fox.

Interview Details – Submitted application online. Was contacted a week later to schedule an interview with the HR manager. A few days later, I had an interview with the HR manager. A couple of hours later, I got a second round interview invite and interview the following week. Within a few hours after the interview, I was offered the job (verbally). It took about a week to go through the background check and reference checks and then was given a written/signed offer.

The turnaround was really quick and interview questions were pretty standard. Why entertainment? Why TV? Walk me through your resume. Ended up talking a lot about my favorite TV shows.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary. All very standard questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The HR manager was very upfront about the range of pay they offer for the position from the beginning. I was offered the highest amount in the range, so didn't negotiate.

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Twentieth Century Fox in February 2009.

Interview Details – The interviewing process was very pleasant.

Interview Question – Business case review for proprietary CMS review was difficult without understanding CMS specs.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Coordinator
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Twentieth Century Fox.

Interview Details – I was interviewed many years ago for a position that needed to be filled immediately. A recruiter contacted me and after a brief discussion on the phone, she got me in contact with the hiring manager. The hiring manager was direct and matter-of-fact about the role and expectations. I don't recall too many "behavioral interviewing" or "gotcha" style questions.

Negotiation Details – I was fresh out of college and looking for a job to get my career started, so I didn't negotiate.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Twentieth Century Fox

Worked for Twentieth Century Fox? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Twentieth Century Fox interview questions and advice. All 33 interview reviews posted anonymously by Twentieth Century Fox employees and interview candidates.