Twentieth Century Fox

2.6

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Production Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Century City, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Twentieth Century Fox.

I applied to a position on a generic job board that did not show the employer's name.
    Because of the anonymity, I am not sure what the turn around time was from that submission to being contacted.
    I was contacted by telephone and asked to complete an online application.
    I did so and was followed up by coordinators on behalf of the recruiter.
    Within two weeks I was asked to interview. The background check and references were verified prior to an invitation to interview.
    The interviews were 3 days.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about a position that was advertised as 6 months employee, but the question was if I would accept as a 2 year contract at half the advertised rate of pay (and remember - this is as a contractor!).   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Twentieth Century Fox in June 2014.

Was contacted by a recruiter from a position I applied to awhile back. He said that they had a different opportunity and that my resume may be a fit for the position. They setup a 30 minute phone interview with me. I met with the recruiter and I haven't heard back from them.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me all the technical stacks that you supported and for how long.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Twentieth Century Fox in October 2013.

Had preliminary interview with two Human Resources managers. Then the second interview process was directly with the individual i was to work for. Both interviews did not take more than about forty minutes. Of course there is a lot of paperwork to be filled out.

My interview with my direct supervisor was a bit unusual. I didn't have any experience coming into this particular department, but it looked like my supervisor was anxious and desperate to just hire someone. Meeting with supervisor didn't take too long, and after leaving FOX, i felt duped as what I've done at the company was NOT what was in the job interview/hiring description. Again, very poor management over here.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell us one negative thing about you and your working habit?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate the pay. At the time i received an offer from FOX, i had another job offer that came through that paid way better. Fox HR came back to me with a bit of a raised compensation, but they did not match the same pay offer as my other offer.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Twentieth Century Fox.

Submitted application online. Was contacted a week later to schedule an interview with the HR manager. A few days later, I had an interview with the HR manager. A couple of hours later, I got a second round interview invite and interview the following week. Within a few hours after the interview, I was offered the job (verbally). It took about a week to go through the background check and reference checks and then was given a written/signed offer.

The turnaround was really quick and interview questions were pretty standard. Why entertainment? Why TV? Walk me through your resume. Ended up talking a lot about my favorite TV shows.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. All very standard questions.   Answer Question
    The HR manager was very upfront about the range of pay they offer for the position from the beginning. I was offered the highest amount in the range, so didn't negotiate.

Lead Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Twentieth Century Fox in August 2013.

Applied for this post through dice.com and after a week HR manager interview was scheduled. It was basic round discussion about what type of team you want, they where more particular about treatment meted out in team. whether you are looking for more control of team. Questions where more about work culture. The next week I have been scheduled for 2 and half hour interview in their LA Office. First had an interview with SR IT manager. Questions in SRS after functional requirement is recieved, what you will do , general Spring MVC based questions. Explained them well. Then had an interview with Technical architect.
    Questions: What is the best work you have done in IT career?
    Explain sorting and what is divide and conquer algorithm?
    what is Hashing?
    No other technical architect questions It seems(funny though).
    Then had an interview with Director of IT. More general , bird eye view questions. Questions about Memory management, how you manage a team, Security and webservice questions. Answered them well.
    Last interview with senior person from Director level. Asked question on arraylist, pseudo code , Diff between rest and SOAP.

I expected the interview to be lot tougher and Seems the management and people on top seems under qualified.
    Being a such a big company I expected the IT team to be really good . But seems they are not up to market or industry standard if you compare with other big companies. They seems to be selecting people who have worked in digital studios/media based companies like Disney, news . Seems even if you have worked one year in some project in disney in the time period you wouldn't had learnt anything, Still they consider you are the Right one.
    Advice to FOX:
    There are lot of good resource from Different industry who will infuse fresh blood and a way out of box thinking which will help IT to revolutionize your environment. I am not convinced in your hiring policy and whether it is adding value .

Interview Questions
    • I would say the position is for technical lead and The interview was conducted as if its for some other job. No relevance to interviewing process and role they are looking for. Not even a single technically challenging or java related questions popped up which we normally undergo.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Twentieth Century Fox.

I was interviewed many years ago for a position that needed to be filled immediately. A recruiter contacted me and after a brief discussion on the phone, she got me in contact with the hiring manager. The hiring manager was direct and matter-of-fact about the role and expectations. I don't recall too many "behavioral interviewing" or "gotcha" style questions.

I was fresh out of college and looking for a job to get my career started, so I didn't negotiate.

Senior Sales Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Twentieth Century Fox in April 2013.

I applied online through an employee referral. HR did a phone screen and had me come in for an in person interview with the Director, Associate Director and VP. I also took a basic analytic test. Entire interview lasted 3 hours. Quick response the next day from HR to have me come in again the following week for round 2. Had 2 quick follow up meetings with the Director and VP and a 30 min interview with the EVP. Also did a 45 min case study and 15 min presentation. Round 2 lasted about 2 hours. Again, a quick response from HR the following day with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    Did not have to negotiate. Offer was surprisingly good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Twentieth Century Fox.

It was a positive experience.

Digital Copy Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Century City, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Twentieth Century Fox in January 2013.

They reached out via email as my resume had been passed through to them. We had an initial phone call and one face-to-face interview. I was offered the job over the phone the next day, but told I would need to wait to hear from HR about the official offer. Several days later it arrived. After reviewing the opportunity and offer, I declined the position mostly due to personal reasons. The job and company seemed great but just not right for me at that time in my life.

Interview Questions
    • For me the most difficult question was answering whether I'd be happy making the switch from post-production to coordinating.   Answer Question

Wasn't the right job for me at that time.

Sales Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Twentieth Century Fox in July 2012.

I had a friend who worked at FOX send my resume directly to the National Sales Director. He reached out and had an initial call with me and set up the interview. Went to one interview with 3 of the employees from the department and it went great! After the interview, I had a call with the SVP of Sales (located in NYC) that evening. The next day I received a call with an offer for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example where you improved the process/position you're currently at.   Answer Question
    The bump up from my previous salary was large enough I didn't have to negotiate the salary. I did have to explain that my previous boss wanted me to stay for 1 month (instead of the normal 2 week notice).