Twentieth Century Fox Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Apr 12, 2015

2.6

Commercial Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Interview

Interviewed with an HR rep first, and then was called back for a second interview with the management team I would be working under. Both interviews were pretty straight-forward and conversation-based, and primarily discussed job requirements and how my work experience related to the position. There were no particularly tricky questions.

Design Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Twentieth Century Fox (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Quite lovely! The recruiting team is so friendly and genuinely cares about who they are bringing on to the team. I had two interviews. One with the recruiter and one with the design team. The interview was more like a pleasant conversation and less like a question by question interview. They are a great group over there!

Interview Questions

• What interests you about this industry?   1 Answer

Production Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Century City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Twentieth Century Fox (Century City, CA).

Interview

I applied to a position on a generic job board that did not show the employer's name. Because of the anonymity, I am not sure what the turn around time was from that submission to being contacted. I was contacted by telephone and asked to complete an online application. I did so and was followed up by coordinators on behalf of the recruiter. Within two weeks I was asked to interview. The background check and references were verified prior to an invitation to interview. The interviews were 3 days.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about a position that was advertised as 6 months employee, but the question was if I would accept as a 2 year contract at half the advertised rate of pay (and remember - this is as a contractor!).   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Twentieth Century Fox (Culver City, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter from a position I applied to awhile back. He said that they had a different opportunity and that my resume may be a fit for the position. They setup a 30 minute phone interview with me. I met with the recruiter and I haven't heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me all the technical stacks that you supported and for how long.   1 Answer

Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Twentieth Century Fox (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Basic interview going through several behavioral questions as well as general questions about my experience and how I thought I could contribute. In addition to this they asked about my qualifications and several important key points on my resume

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Twentieth Century Fox (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Had preliminary interview with two Human Resources managers. Then the second interview process was directly with the individual i was to work for. Both interviews did not take more than about forty minutes. Of course there is a lot of paperwork to be filled out. My interview with my direct supervisor was a bit unusual. I didn't have any experience coming into this particular department, but it looked like my supervisor was anxious and desperate to just hire someone. Meeting with supervisor didn't take too long, and after leaving FOX, i felt duped as what I've done at the company was NOT what was in the job interview/hiring description. Again, very poor management over here.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us one negative thing about you and your working habit?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate the pay. At the time i received an offer from FOX, i had another job offer that came through that paid way better. Fox HR came back to me with a bit of a raised compensation, but they did not match the same pay offer as my other offer.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Twentieth Century Fox (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Submitted application online. Was contacted a week later to schedule an interview with the HR manager. A few days later, I had an interview with the HR manager. A couple of hours later, I got a second round interview invite and interview the following week. Within a few hours after the interview, I was offered the job (verbally). It took about a week to go through the background check and reference checks and then was given a written/signed offer. The turnaround was really quick and interview questions were pretty standard. Why entertainment? Why TV? Walk me through your resume. Ended up talking a lot about my favorite TV shows.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. All very standard questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The HR manager was very upfront about the range of pay they offer for the position from the beginning. I was offered the highest amount in the range, so didn't negotiate.

Lead Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Twentieth Century Fox (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied for this post through dice.com and after a week HR manager interview was scheduled. It was basic round discussion about what type of team you want, they where more particular about treatment meted out in team. whether you are looking for more control of team. Questions where more about work culture. The next week I have been scheduled for 2 and half hour interview in their LA Office. First had an interview with SR IT manager. Questions in SRS after functional requirement is recieved, what you will do , general Spring MVC based questions. Explained them well. Then had an interview with Technical architect. Questions: What is the best work you have done in IT career? Explain sorting and what is divide and conquer algorithm? what is Hashing? No other technical architect questions It seems(funny though). Then had an interview with Director of IT. More general , bird eye view questions. Questions about Memory management, how you manage a team, Security and webservice questions. Answered them well. Last interview with senior person from Director level. Asked question on arraylist, pseudo code , Diff between rest and SOAP. I expected the interview to be lot tougher and Seems the management and people on top seems under qualified. Being a such a big company I expected the IT team to be really good . But seems they are not up to market or industry standard if you compare with other big companies. They seems to be selecting people who have worked in digital studios/media based companies like Disney, news . Seems even if you have worked one year in some project in disney in the time period you wouldn't had learnt anything, Still they consider you are the Right one. Advice to FOX: There are lot of good resource from Different industry who will infuse fresh blood and a way out of box thinking which will help IT to revolutionize your environment. I am not convinced in your hiring policy and whether it is adding value .

Interview Questions

• I would say the position is for technical lead and The interview was conducted as if its for some other job. No relevance to interviewing process and role they are looking for. Not even a single technically challenging or java related questions popped up which we normally undergo.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Twentieth Century Fox (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I was interviewed many years ago for a position that needed to be filled immediately. A recruiter contacted me and after a brief discussion on the phone, she got me in contact with the hiring manager. The hiring manager was direct and matter-of-fact about the role and expectations. I don't recall too many "behavioral interviewing" or "gotcha" style questions.

Negotiation

I was fresh out of college and looking for a job to get my career started, so I didn't negotiate.

Senior Sales Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Twentieth Century Fox (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied online through an employee referral. HR did a phone screen and had me come in for an in person interview with the Director, Associate Director and VP. I also took a basic analytic test. Entire interview lasted 3 hours. Quick response the next day from HR to have me come in again the following week for round 2. Had 2 quick follow up meetings with the Director and VP and a 30 min interview with the EVP. Also did a 45 min case study and 15 min presentation. Round 2 lasted about 2 hours. Again, a quick response from HR the following day with a job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not have to negotiate. Offer was surprisingly good.