Twisted Pair Solutions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Twisted Pair Solutions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Twisted Pair Solutions.

The people seemed nice enough. They have a nice location by the water in Seattle. I first attended their standup meeting which was a bit disorganized compared to typical Scrum / agile. The coding questions were not that difficult. They were all just string based questions (reverse a string, see if there's a match for phone number string to letter string, find missing alphabet character in 25 character string). I answered all three but apparently not in the manner that they expected. Although they seem to be a bit particular in what they look for since they said it took them 18 months to hire their current SDET.

Interview Questions
    • Find missing alphabet character in 25 character string   View Answer

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Twisted Pair Solutions in April 2013.

Started with a simple phone call which is designed to be SysAdmin pop-trivia. I can see how it can weed out poor candidates right from the get go. So that, to me, was not very stressful. The second interview consisted of coming in at 9am, signing an NDA and actually working a bit with the teams. You immediately get hands on, you learn the product right away and you meet several people along the way. Was provided lunch around noon from a local bakery, delicious sandwiches. Then after lunch I was involved in some agile coding scenarios with the build engineer.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, the whole thing wasn't based on trying to stump you. It was more of a gauge of experience and talent. The interview was very structured in a way to expose your weaknesses in a way that didn't feel aggressive.   Answer Question
    I was offered a very fair salary that was slightly above average for the market in Seattle. I didn't feel the need to negotiate, I took what was offered without having any buyers remorse.