Twitter Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014
Updated Oct 16, 2014

3.1

Research Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Twitter in September 2014.

Applied online, contacted by recruiter within 2 weeks, and a phone screen with the hiring manager 1 week later. Questions were mostly based on qualifications as well as behavior. An on-site interview 2 weeks later where 5 team members interviewed me in 30 minute blocks. Questions were more behavioral, some technical, and some about culture.

Interview Questions
    • How to explain significance level to a non-statistics person.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Twitter.

Contacted by recruiter. They are very fast and responsive. I got an email from recruiter had initial chat. Sent over my resume and had two phone screens. The phone screen was technical.They use a tool similar to collab edit where they can run the code to see the result.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or out of the world.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Twitter in September 2014.

I applied online and got a email two days later. They gave me a pre-interview survey and a coding assessment online. Then afterwards supposedly, is a phone interview followed by a on-site interview.

I only got as far as the coding assessment. It was two algorithms you had to implement under an hour. Also, the assessment lets you use a language of your choice. I wonder what score I got, because I thought I didn't do too bad.

Anyway, I would suggest practicing coding and algorithms beforehand.

Interview Questions
    • Don't want to share the actual coding questions. But, you know how to work with arrays and basic data structures.   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Twitter in September 2014.

I had applied at Twitter over a month ago via a recruiting website by sending in my resume and cover letter. I was contacted within a week and had three telephone interviews and one in person interview. I was told to dress "smart casual" and still felt over-dressed. I was interviewed by four people, one who was not prepared for the interview what so ever.

Interview Questions
    • We offer a lot of great perks and entitlement can occur, tell us how you would handle a coworkers' complaint about breakfast that day.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Applied through a referral, was contacted by a recruiter, and then completed two phone interviews. The process seemed very efficient for me and there was not a long turnaround time. I only interacted with people over the phone and they were courteous and nice, with the exception of one engineer interviewer who was sort of gruff.

Interview Questions
    • Write a program to simulate a fair coin given two biased coins. This problem was then extended to vary the head/tail probabilities of the given coins and the coin to simulate.   View Answer

SWE Interview

We had to answer a bunch of questions on a website as a way of screening candidates ahead of time. This was sort of annoying because it only really helped if you got the entire question correct in the given time

Sales Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Twitter.

phone screen, then possible screen by hiring manager. Then onsite with a panel of 4-5. In some cases that is it, in others you may need to go back to do 2-3 more final rounds.

straightforward offer

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Twitter.

I made some connections on LinkedIn and spoke to them a few months before applying. I found the position open online and applied with a referral. I had two Skype interviews than a in person.

Interview Questions
    • The position is entry level so the questions had more to do with my previous experience and personality   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Good communication with a re cru inter. Interesting de sign questions. Conversation s with employees we re pleasant and pro fession all. Gets very tiring at the end. Wish the format was a bit different. Great food in TH e cafeteria

Yield Management Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Twitter in August 2014.

First round of interview is 15 minutes phone-screen interview with the recruiter. He/she only wants to make sure that you have sufficient experience for the role you are applying. Second round of interview is with the hiring manager. He asked a lot of technical-related questions, so make sure you know what you put in your resume.