Twitter

230 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Twitter in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for an AE position on their website and after 3 weeks received an email from an internal recruiter with some basic questions about my background, salary, location, etc after which I was invited to have a call with a senior recruiter. The call with the SR recruiter only lasted for 15 minutes and she was basically trying to understand how much I know about Twitter and if i would be a good fit. I am assuming I did well because she scheduled me for an onsite interview with the hiring manager and four other individuals. Due to many people's travel schedule; this onsite interview was scheduled two weeks out however two days before the interview I received a call from her basically canceling the interview due to "organizational changes". She mentioned that the position is still open but she didn't have any more information and was going to update me once she spoke to the VP of Sales. I followed up with her after a week with no response and since then I've accepted another position at a different company. I would rate the overall process 2.5 out of 5.

Interview Question – Why should brands use Twitter for advertising?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Twitter in January 2014.

Interview Details – Intro'd to a recruiter through an old friend. Did an intro call with recruiter, followed by another call with the hiring manager. Both perfectly nice folks, good conversations.

Was invited to, and attended, an on-site interview in the New York office. Spent a couple of hours there meeting with various folks from the Accounts group, though only for about 20-25mins each. Everyone was very polite and asked similar questions about my background, interests, why Twitter, etc. Some wanted details about my previous role and experience. Toward the end of the interview we got kicked out of the conference room by some other Tweeps and so we had to finish my interview in a hallway.

That day I sent thank you's to everyone I'd met, and expressed interest in continuing the process. The hiring manager wrote me back to thank me for my time as well, and told me he'd be in touch soon with next steps.

And that was it. I never heard from anyone at Twitter again after that exchange. I followed up a couple of times just for due diligence, but nobody ever responded. Again, everyone I met was courteous and genuine and seem passionate about making Twitter great. This is just a record of one persons' experience.

Interview Question – Nothing really. Boilerplate stuff.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Data Analyst
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Twitter in April 2014.

Interview Details – In my experience this was the smoothest interview process I have been into. It started with a recruiter calling me. Followed by manager calling me for a telephonic round. Followed by an assignment which I had to present online after a week. Followed by a onsite half day interview with five different people from the team. Followed by another round of presentation of the first assignment to another manager. Followed by a technical project presentation.
The interview was highly focussed on my listed projects and experiences, they covered both technical and business. Also a substantial part of the interview was related to the product and ideas around it.

Interview Question – Nothing in particular. I think most of the questions were very practical in nature.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Twitter in June 2014.

Interview Details – I got the invite to apply as an intern @ twitter from a friend of mine who was already doing an internship there. In an event I asked him to circulate my resume and some days later they called me. The interview process took about 3 weeks and it was focused mainly in aptitude tests, logical and verbal reasoning and puzzles. The level of interview questions was quite difficult and I would suggest to anyone that apply's at twitter to prepare themselves beforehand. There are a lot of products like 'the aptitude interview' and 'the impossible interview' apps in iTunes store that can give you an idea how the interview questions will be.

Interview Question – We know that X is an odd integer.
(1) The average of x and y is an odd integer.
(2) The average of x, y, and (y + 1) is an integer.
Is y an odd integer?
  Answer Question

Oracle P2P Consultant Interview

Oracle P2P Consultant
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Twitter in March 2014.

Interview Details – Oracle technical manager asked me a question and was busy doing some thing else while I was answering. He cut me midway during my interview and said he was busy and rescheduled the interview for next day. I never received a call after that.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself. This was the only question asked before the Oracle technical hiring manager decided he had other things to do.I understand if there was an emergency situation but it has been over a month since I heard back. No one from Twitter bothered to call me and reschedule.So much for a BIG name company   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Twitter.

Interview Details – One of the more excessive interviews I've had with a tech company. I went through 4 phone interviews and two onsites before it was all done. The second onsite visit was one of the worst interviews I've ever been through. 6 people for 30 minutes apiece, and they all asked nearly identical sets of questions, with maybe one or two variables each. By the end of the interview, I felt like I had developed a script through repetition. I definitely expected better from Twitter, and was not impressed.

Interview Question – Nothing really stood out here, pretty 'run of the mill'.   Answer Question

Technical Program Manager II Interview

Technical Program Manager II
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Twitter.

Interview Details – very professional and curtious; working w a recruiter from there, they give you as many details as possible to help you.
Had 2 interviews on the 2 phone + 2 interviews on site.
Everyone was nice ; it just makes me wonder why i didnt get the job..
They seem pretty casual but seem to work a lot.

Interview Question – give us a presentation about a past project you had.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Twitter in May 2014.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume online through the Twitter career website. Was contacted by a recruiter about an hour after I applied. The recruiter wanted to schedule a phone interview some time next week. She asked me questions like why Twitter, tell me about yourself, where are you from, do you have a Twitter account, what about the AA role do you like, what is your expected salary, What is your experience as an AA? I passed with flying colors and she said she wanted know my availability next week for a phone interview with an EA.

My phone interview with the EA was a bit different. She gave the interview as more of a one-sided conversation format as opposed to the more question by question format. She asked me one large question about my experiences and the interview went from there. She asked additional questions when she seemed curious about my answers. At times I felt like she judged my answers too much and enforced the practicality of the role. She explained the role of the AA and EA very well, yet made the role seem like a second-class citizen kind of role where the EAs and AAs were only there to go about the rounds in supporting executives. I could tell that we were mutually uninterested in one another and she eventually cut me off to say that she would contact me back. She never did and I got an email from my first interviewer saying that I wasn't a fit.

Overall, the recruiter was an expert at interviewing, very pleasant to talk to, and marketed the role and company in a positive way. The EA was not quite so. The EA turned me off from the role a little bit because she was outwardly judgmental and didn't advertise the role as a role that mattered. However, I appreciate the EA's honesty and think that they will hire a more practical machine for the role.

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave your company   View Answers (2)

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Twitter in May 2014.

Interview Details – Very Professional. They were fast in asking for an interview. The lady I talked to was nice an polite. I felt that I got a positive vibe from the employees working there.

Interview Question – What's the next product that Twitter should produce?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Twitter in April 2014.

Interview Details – Started off ok, recruiter contacted me to schedule a call, but then cancelled on the initial date and passed me on to another recruiter. When the phone interview finally came, it was called a talk rather than an interview. The person didn't ask me any technical or scenario questions and barely knew my resume. They failed to really explain the culture or opportunities to grow (outside a promotion) within the company and sounded like they were reading from a script. Overall, somewhat unprofessional and lacked respect to interviewee.

Interview Question – I wish there was a question   Answer Question

Worked for Twitter? Contribute to the Community!