Twitter

Updated Feb 19, 2015

3.1

Account Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Twitter.

This was by far one of the best interview experiences that I've ever had. The recruiter was kind, helpful, and always available to answer my questions. After my phone screen, I had a phone interview with one of the hiring managers, and then two round of in-person interviews. The process was seamless, and even fun. The team itself was also top-notch. At the end of the day I was told that my feedback was all positive, but the hiring manager chose to hire someone else based on preference. I truly appreciate that they were willing to provide feedback. I would consider interviewing for another opportunity at twitter simply based on their recruiting process.

Interview Questions
    • How can a technology company effectively use twitter to advertise to other tech businesses?   View Answer

Legal Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Twitter.

Had an initial interview with HR, then another interview with the woman who would be my direct supervisor (both over the phone). Their interviewing skills are poor- it's clear they're reading from some sort of script, and the few times they do veer from it they pick something irrelevant to the job.

I applied online – interviewed at Twitter.

Went through 2 phone interviews and an onsite loop, with a total of 7 interviews. All the interviews went fairly well. The recruiter called me after the onsite saying that she got feedback from everyone except one person and the feedback were all positive. For about a month after that, the only update from the recruiter was that they were just waiting for the missing feedback. After a month, the recruiter eventually told me that they had closed down the position! What a waste of my time.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Twitter in February 2015.

Initially contacted by email. Then i had one online codibg challenge and then two rounds of technical phone interview and was asked to code on hacker rank. All questions were pretty easy. Interviews went well but did not receive an offer or feedback.

Interview Questions
    • string manipulation program and remove duplicate words   Answer Question

Brand Planner Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Twitter.

I was referred by a current employee on Twitter's internal job posting platform (Jobvite). I had created a resume specific to this job and company prior to getting submitted.

Once submitted, I was pushed through for a phone interview with the hiring manager. Questions ranged from standards like "why Twitter?" and "why this job?", to ranking my strengths/weaknesses, and citing some of my favorite Twitter ad campaigns. I did 1-2 hours of extensive research before this interview, and after hanging up, received an email within the hour pushing me to the next round.

The third round consisted of a mock assignment. Details of the assignment are confidential, but basically I was tasked with creating a deck for a mock client to solve a mock marketing need with Twitter tools. I gave myself 3 business days to complete this assignment but learned after that I could have asked for much more time. Oh well!

It took about 3 business days to hear back re: the assignment, and I was asked to come onsite for interviews for the 4th round. I had 5 in person interviews on site, each about 30 minutes - 45 minutes. The questions ranged from an impromptu ideation session to pure chemistry and work style. Everyone was AMAZING--very smart, engaging, warm, and people I would love to spend my days with.

From there, it was about 5 business days of waiting. I got an email saying they went with another candidate. I asked for feedback from the hiring manager and didn't receive any, but my hunch is that they with a more senior employee's referral.

Interview Questions
    • What do you want your career trajectory to be at Twitter?   Answer Question

Account Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Twitter.

I originally applied through a referral for a position on the MMS sales team. I was sent questions via email to answer about my background in advertising and opinions on Twitter's value proposition in the digital advertising realm. After passing that step, I was contacted by a recruiter via phone who gave me the usual background questions and we discussed my answers from the email in detail. He told me he would connect with the hiring manager and get back with me at the end of the week. A week and a half later after no word, I reached out to the recruiter. I was then sent an automated rejection letter.

Three weeks later, a different recruiter emailed me about a new position. She called me and told me about the new position and scheduled my in-person interviews that week. I went into the office and had back-to-back 30 min interviews with 2 folks from the team and the hiring manager. They were very friendly throughout the whole process, extremely straight forward, and welcoming. No trick questions. Just wanted to get to know me, my background, my ideas, and capabilities. I was offered the position that night.

Interview Questions
    • If you were given a list of 1000 prospects on Monday, how many would you get through by Friday?   Answer Question
    This position is a contract position with a standard hourly rate. No negotiations and the compensation was given to me when they reached out the first time. Very straight forward.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Twitter.

Within 2 days after application got mail from HR regarding online quiz on HackerRank. The quiz consist of 2 questions and time period is an hour. The questions looks easy but are tricked

Interview Questions
    • 1) find GCD and LCM
      2) implement some formula (x-1)! % x = -1. looks easy but for large number is runs out of memory as factorial get very big. The trick is that the formula is to check is x is prime or not.

View Answers (2)

Support Agent Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Twitter.

I applied online and was contacted through a recruiter a week later. I skipped the phone screening with HR and was set up with a call with a hiring manager two days after. After the hiring manager call, I was invited to do a video interview with four people.
    Easy questions, nothing hard. Recruiter was always in contact.

Interview Questions
    • How would you prioritize your work?
      What is your daily tasks?

Answer Question

Software Engineer - Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Twitter in January 2015.

I handed my resume at a campus event. The next day, I was contacted by a recruiter and asked to fill out some information about myself and my preferences, and asked to do an online coding challenge. I did well enough (not perfect) and moved on to a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty standard: the man asked me about some points on my resume, ran through a technical question (with some hints when necessary), and then allowed me to ask some questions. I didn't think I did terribly, but I guess not well enough. It was all fairly pleasant and standard. Not much out of the ordinary.

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Twitter in January 2015.

1. Online Coding Challenge
    2. 45 min technical phone interview going over basic CS concepts, algorithms, data structures, and coding.
    3. (If needed) Follow-up Phone Interview
    4. Final interviews
    For Interns: 2 - 45 minute video conference interviews at Twitter with the team you’d be joining

Interview Questions
    • I've just been through the first step, coding challenge is not hard but should pay more attention on the details.   Answer Question