Twitter Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

3.1

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Twitter.

Interview

Had two phone screens and one in-person interview. Phone screens were fairly basic. After the first phone screen, I was given a project to work on (I'm glad I asked a lot of questions about the position itself, which helped me to do a good job on the project). Second phone screen was to review my project. Third interview was about 2-3 hours and met with 4 different people from the team I'd be working with.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Twitter? How do you think advertising on Twitter differs from other social media advertising? What's your exposure to digital advertising? Keynote, Photoshop experience is typically wanted   Answer Question

Application

Interview

I had two phone screens and an in-person interview. After the first phone interview, I was asked to do a project (asking a lot of questions about the position was really helpful in completing the project). Second phone interview was to go over my project. In-person interview was for 2-3 hours with 4 people.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Twitter? How did you hear about this role? What experience do you have in digital advertising? How does Twitter advertising different from other social media advertising (aka how is it better)? Do you have experience with Keynote/Photoshop?   Answer Question

OD Consultant Interview

Interview

Applied for position online, and was notified within a week by separate email that I was 'not a strong match' for this position. Regardless, I appreciated the timely notification. Other companies should emulate this quick feedback loop.

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Twitter in July 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter that last maybe 20 minutes. I then was given a video interview with the hiring manager using BlueJeans video conferencing. The video interview was rescheduled, which was a little annoying considering I took time off of work for it. Then, the second interview, which I had prepared extensively for, was a little disappointing. The hiring manager was almost 5 minutes late (a bit unprofessional) and wasn't dressed for an interview. I suppose I expected more, but a loungy, sleeveless summer dress with a bottle of soda (or whatever drink it was) isn't professional in my mind. However, I was still excited about the position since it is Twitter, after all. Strangely, the interview focused on the Pharma industry. Keep in mind, the job title is "Healthcare & Travel Industry" and Pharma is not really the same as Healthcare. I didn't have any questions about Healthcare - just Pharma regulations. I'm wondering if the job title should be changed to "Pharma & Travel Lead." At any rate, everyone was very nice during the interview process. I was only disappointed for the super laid back interview experience and the misrepresentation of the job description & title. But otherwise, I had a good experience.

Interview Questions

• If you had three months where you could take off and go anywhere and learn about anything you wanted, what would you learn about?   1 Answer

Counsel Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Twitter.

Interview

Was contacted via LinkedIn by an in-house recruiter at Twitter. He asked me for available times to talk; when I responded, rather than scheduling a call he emailed me an NDA and an exercise to fill out. The exercise was legal hypos, which I completed and returned. I never heard back from the recruiter, even after following up.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Twitter.

Interview

Had two technical phone screens, which lasted an hour each and was done on a shared text editor. Both start out with general questions, such as about previous work experience. The first interviewer was fine, but the second interview was an extremely poor experience. The interviewer was about 15 min late but chose to end the interview on time (meaning less time to solve and explain the problem), while having poor reception along with background noise (other people clearly talking).

Interview Questions

• Given an array of unsorted numbers, find triplets that equal a specified sum.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Twitter.

Interview

Started off well. HR was responsive in the beginning. Phone interview, then went into office to meet with hiring manager. After that meeting, I was told they wanted me to come back to meet the team. Met with 4 people on the team the following week. Then, didn't hear anything for 3 weeks, which was very strange and frustrating. Then, got an email that they wanted me to come back in 4 days to give a 10 minute presentation and 5 minute Q&A. I expected to present to the hiring manager and maybe a few people with whom I had interviewed. I showed up and there were at least FIFTEEN people in the room. That's overkill. Heard back 2 days later that I didn't get it. I was told they thought I would be great at the job but my presentation wasn't as strong as another candidate's. It doesn't make much sense to have a presentation component and weigh it that heavily for a position that doesn't involve much presenting.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Twitter in June 2015.

Interview

Chaotic and disorganized is the best way to describe their interview process and I never once spoke to a recruiter. The hiring manager reached out to me first to schedule an interview and wanted dates and times. I responded to them right away and then never heard back even though I followed up. Almost 4 weeks later, I hear back, asking for new dates and times to schedule an interview. A date was set for a phone interview and then the hiring manager was 15 minutes late to the interview, so I had less time. I followed up with a Thank You and strategy for another question she had asked for. Then a week later i was contacted for another interview, again asking for dates and times. I provided those and same as last time, never heard back. I followed up and have yet to hear back. That was 5 weeks ago. I've never experienced a situation in which the company contacts you to schedule an interview and then never responds to you or schedules it. This coupled with the hurried and scattered interview I did have, made me think that its a good thing I didn't move forward with Twitter.

Interview Questions

• Customers in one city in Canada are having trouble signing in. What is the research strategy you would take to determine why? Why do you want to come to Twitter?   Answer Question

Sales Lead Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Twitter.

Interview

2 phone interviews, 2 live interviews. Mostly questions about past experience and ideas for the organization. People were smart and interesting Process started 5 months ago, took about 2-3 months and they never got back to me to close the loop at the end or even answered followup emails

Interview Questions

• Tell me about what you've been doing lately in your job   Answer Question

Workplace Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Twitter (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter and then a call with an Operations Manager in another city . Since this job was pretty much my resume I thought this would be a pretty straight forward process, WRONG... The woman that I spoke with asked me the top 10 most overly used questions that you can ask in an interview. There was little to no feedback given when answering questions and she sounded like she could really care less about the process. At this point I pretty much knew it was over before it even began.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you failed and how you overcame that problem. What is your greatest achievement? Why do you want to work here? Tell me about yourself.... Just enter the rest of the cliche questions   Answer Question