Twitter

Updated Dec 12, 2014

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ weeksinterviewed at Twitter.

Coding test followed by 2 technical interviews. I was matched with a team thereafter. One engineer from the team interviewed who never bothered to tell me about the team, was not interested in me since the beginning and was super rude.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not the standard interview questions found online.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Twitter in December 2014.

First, I completed an online coding test. This was really simple and designed to weed out people who are unqualified to apply. Next, I had a phone interview and then an online collaborative coding interview. After this, I was notified that I would not receive an internship offer; this surprised me, as I had thought that I nailed the question. I may have been too late in the process (mid December) so apply early!

Interview Questions
    • Show how to rank items in an array using linear space.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Given a n-by-n matrix, each cell has a value of either 0 or 1. A cell indicates a wall if its value is 1. give the length of the shortest path from M[0][0] to M[n-1][n-1]. You can move either up, down, left or right.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Twitter.

The take home question was to write a yaml parser.

Design gmail was the architecture question. We talked a lot about scaling and reliability.

Walk through resume line by line.

Talk with manager about why Twitter.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Twitter.

I received an email from a recruiter after dropping my resume off at a CS career event at my school (Stanford). I was then invited to take an online coding test.

Interview Questions
    • Given a two strings, return whether the second is an anagram of a palindrome of the first string.   Answer Question

Engineering Manager Interview

The interview process is very chaotic. They seems to churn you out like cattle. There is a very dead feeling about the interview process. I guess being Twitter they see a lot of candidates.

Interview Questions
    • What is your situation where you failed and what did you learn from this failure?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Very pleasant experience. People are friendly. They focus on knowledge and personality. They ask technical details but are not particularly picky about them. The interview might be easy for those who have real experience with the subjects, but hard otherwise. It is really how a good interview should be. Highly recommended.

Interview Questions
    • Some online machine learning question.   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

Phone Screen: The recruitment team could not have been nicer and were always quick to respond to my emails.

Interview: Be prepared to talk about Twitter and the industry on a whole. The majority of the questions revolved around the social media industry, and little to do with my resume. Some questions were not about the actual position, but rather to see if you can think on your feet.

Interview Questions
    • If given a list of leads break down how you would prioritize in five ways.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Twitter.

I applied for a marketing position online and through Twitter's employee referral program. I went through two phone screens - one from the recruiter and one from the hiring manager - and was invited to in person interviews at Twitter's office. I was told to reserve four hours for this interview.
    When I arrived, two people who I was scheduled to interview with never bothered to show up. OK, these things happen, so I was asked to reschedule for a second round of in-person interviews. So I came to the office again (after waiting two weeks for the recruiter to reschedule), and again the interviewer didn't show up. I was asked to show up at the office again, and again a third time the interviewer didn't show up. Finally, I was told the interviews were over, and never heard from Twitter again.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Twitter in November 2014.

Replied through employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. The recruiter contacted me and asked me to do a hour-long online coding challenge at HackerRank. There were two questions in total. Both were quite easy to solve however i overlooked overflowing issues with my code and didn't pass some of the test cases. The next day I received email the the recruiter saying I did not get to the second round.