Twitter Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 25, 2014
242 interviews

3.1

Receptionist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Twitter in July 2014.

I had one initial phone screen and then about 3-5 days later a video conferencing interview that was 1:1 for 30 minutes. After about a week I went onto an onsite interview with four 45-minute interviews and then 3-5 days later a video conferencing interview that lasted 30 minutes for a 1:1.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't feel as though there were any questions that I wasn't prepared to answer or I was surprised by.   Answer Question
    A phone call to go over the offer and ask for verbal acceptance.

Intern Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Twitter in March 2014.

As an intern, you go through the same exact interview process a regular applicant would. First up is the coding challenge. As with any coding question for an interview, make sure you understand what is being asked. And document your code accordingly. If you pass that, the next is the phone screen. This is a behavioral screen rather a technical one. You probably will talk to a manager here. Then if you get through those, you will be invited for a face to face interview. This is obviously dependent on the part of the company you are applying to.

Software Engineer Interview

Applied through a referral, was contacted by a recruiter, and then completed two phone interviews. The process seemed very efficient for me and there was not a long turnaround time. I only interacted with people over the phone and they were courteous and nice, with the exception of one engineer interviewer who was sort of gruff.

Interview Questions
    • Write a program to simulate a fair coin given two biased coins. This problem was then extended to vary the head/tail probabilities of the given coins and the coin to simulate.   View Answer

SWE Interview

We had to answer a bunch of questions on a website as a way of screening candidates ahead of time. This was sort of annoying because it only really helped if you got the entire question correct in the given time

Data Scientist Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Twitter in March 2014.

I was introduced by a former employee and had a very long interview process. I had an online coding interview which was pretty easy. After that I had one coding and one data science interview. Then came the on-site interview which was two back-to-back data science/coding interviews on Skype. The process took so long (about 2 months since the first contact) that they told me that there are no positions left in Data Science team but they introduced me to Data Visualization team. I had 3 interviews with Data Visualization teams.
    In overall, while the interview process was frustrating, all the interviews that I had was great source of learning. So many interesting people are working on Twitter and it'd be nice to get a chance to work along them.

Interview Questions
    • I cannot disclose any question but the coding questions were quite common questions. The data science questions however was very challenging and of course interesting. They talked about some of the active projects that they are doing and asked me how I would solve some of the issues that they are facing right now. While the questions are open-ended (they are still trying to solve them themselves), you should be able to come with a reasonable solution and justify your answer. For the data visualization team, common questions are like "Suppose you want to visualize this scenario, what method would you use and why?". There were also some questions on basic of computer graphics which I was not very familiar with, but answered them anyway.   Answer Question

The offer came really late (around Mid-May for an internship starting on June!) and I already accepted another offer. The compensation was also lower than other big tech companies.

Sales Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Twitter.

phone screen, then possible screen by hiring manager. Then onsite with a panel of 4-5. In some cases that is it, in others you may need to go back to do 2-3 more final rounds.

straightforward offer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Twitter in April 2014.

First took an online coding test. After I passed that, I had a phone screen about a week and a half later. I interviewed on-site about three weeks after the phone screen. The interviewers were great, the recruiter was great, and the questions were very reasonable.

The only negative aspect of the interview process was the delay time between the on-site and the offer. I received the offer about two weeks after the recruiter stated I would (through no fault of his own, however), despite disclosing that I had other offers on the table with deadlines. This really should have been handled more well, as it put me in a rather difficult position.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. The offer was beyond my expectations. Negotiating wouldn't have even been remotely reasonable.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Twitter.

The company recruiters communicated very nicely through phone calls and emails to set up the phone interview and explained detailed interview process. After the interview set up, the actual phone interviews all have some sort of online white board to facilitate the coding questions. The interview time periods are generally set up for forty five minutes. The interaction during the phone interview would vary depending on the interview persons. The job descriptions or required skills area may not asked during the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • The phone interview questions are very general and philosophical questions. It's very hard to respond with the right answers.   View Answer

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Twitter in July 2014.

Contacted by recruiter after applying to arrange phone interview with hiring manager. Contacted about 1 month later by recruiter to arrange on-site interview. Met with 7 interviewers over 4-hour period in groups of 2 (aside from 1). Break in-between sessions to have lunch with group. Recruiter always responded to follow-up questions and inquiries post-interview. Nothing negative about overall experience.

Interview Questions
    • Questions ranged from approaches to testing Twitter apps to offbeat questions testing troubleshooting skills.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Good communication with a re cru inter. Interesting de sign questions. Conversation s with employees we re pleasant and pro fession all. Gets very tiring at the end. Wish the format was a bit different. Great food in TH e cafeteria

Worked for Twitter? Contribute to the Community!