Twitter Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015

3.1

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Twitter.

It was a telephonic interview, Very monotonous.

Interviewer was asking for pre-written standard questions without any further discussion. Looks like he was not interested from the start itself.

One week later, I got the standard email

Software Engineer - Relevance/Machine Learning Interview

2 phone screen, and then went onsite. The recruiter is very efficient in setting up the interview process. Didn't ask too much machine learning questions. Most of them are coding questions.Have a probability question. Not only asking function implementation, but also the object-oriented knowledge.

Intern - Hourly Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Twitter.

There were a few rounds. The first was a phone interview, which quickly was followed with some web conference interviews. They all asked coding and questions that pertained to the position.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were mainly simple questions that cannbe answered with a basic understanding of algorithms and data structures.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Two rounds of phone interview with standard questions. One of the interviewers was very inquisitive of my current projects at my current employer, to the extent that it made me uncomfortable. Besides that the rest of the interview was pretty standard. They also asked a few 'behavioral' type of questions.

Interview Questions
    • What if you were told by the CEO of Instagram to design a 'trending photos' feature? How would you go about it?   Answer Question
    • A company that you really like and want to be a PM in makes you an offer -- but it's not a PM position. You have choice of being an eng, a data scientist, a marketing person, or a designer. Which one would you choose? Why?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Twitter.

Twitter is unique because they have you speak to the hiring manager before you speak to HR. Unfortunately, HR is unprofessional and unhelpful. If that's indicative of the way they run the company, I wouldn't want to work there anyway.

Real Estate and Workplace Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Twitter.

Long...they have you interview with EVERYONE that you'd have interaction with, which means a lot of people without really clear direction of the position they are hiring for. I was flown out to their corporate office, took time off of work numerous times to just be left hanging because they wanted to find other candidates that they could match me with. Although the prospect to work for a company like Twitter is great the process of the interview and the lack of transparency throughout the process hindered the want to even become part of the team.

Summer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Twitter.

applied on college recruiting site. manager called me about a week later for a screening, which had no actual coding questions. got invited back for a full interview. no offer.

Account Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Twitter.

This was by far one of the best interview experiences that I've ever had. The recruiter was kind, helpful, and always available to answer my questions. After my phone screen, I had a phone interview with one of the hiring managers, and then two round of in-person interviews. The process was seamless, and even fun. The team itself was also top-notch. At the end of the day I was told that my feedback was all positive, but the hiring manager chose to hire someone else based on preference. I truly appreciate that they were willing to provide feedback. I would consider interviewing for another opportunity at twitter simply based on their recruiting process.

Interview Questions
    • How can a technology company effectively use twitter to advertise to other tech businesses?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Twitter.

Went through 2 phone interviews and an onsite loop, with a total of 7 interviews. All the interviews went fairly well. The recruiter called me after the onsite saying that she got feedback from everyone except one person and the feedback were all positive. For about a month after that, the only update from the recruiter was that they were just waiting for the missing feedback. After a month, the recruiter eventually told me that they had closed down the position! What a waste of my time.

Legal Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Twitter.

Had an initial interview with HR, then another interview with the woman who would be my direct supervisor (both over the phone). Their interviewing skills are poor- it's clear they're reading from some sort of script, and the few times they do veer from it they pick something irrelevant to the job.