Twitter Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

3.1

Research Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Twitter in September 2014.

Applied online, contacted by recruiter within 2 weeks, and a phone screen with the hiring manager 1 week later. Questions were mostly based on qualifications as well as behavior. An on-site interview 2 weeks later where 5 team members interviewed me in 30 minute blocks. Questions were more behavioral, some technical, and some about culture.

Interview Questions
    • How to explain significance level to a non-statistics person.   View Answer

Marketing Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Twitter in July 2014.

I had one phone screen with a recruiter and then another phone interview with the hiring manager. I was called in for a day of interviews where I met 3 people on the team. That was 2 months ago - I have not received any followup since. I assume that Twitter was not planning to move forward with me but I would have appreciated more communication.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult. There were behavioral questions on tools that I had built, questions about the current product suite, and my recommendations on additional products.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Twitter.

Contacted by recruiter. They are very fast and responsive. I got an email from recruiter had initial chat. Sent over my resume and had two phone screens. The phone screen was technical.They use a tool similar to collab edit where they can run the code to see the result.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or out of the world.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Twitter in September 2014.

I applied online and got a email two days later. They gave me a pre-interview survey and a coding assessment online. Then afterwards supposedly, is a phone interview followed by a on-site interview.

I only got as far as the coding assessment. It was two algorithms you had to implement under an hour. Also, the assessment lets you use a language of your choice. I wonder what score I got, because I thought I didn't do too bad.

Anyway, I would suggest practicing coding and algorithms beforehand.

Interview Questions
    • Don't want to share the actual coding questions. But, you know how to work with arrays and basic data structures.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Twitter in July 2014.

HR reached out to me after I submitted my resume. Hiring manager and I had a good conversation, then they invited me on-site to meet the team at their Chicago HQ.

The whole HR process was very opaque and frazzled. I got an email to meet on Tuesday AM on Friday at 7 pm. Well, Okay, its not much time but I made it work. Took a day off work to visit.

The on-site team was small (3-4 people) and seemed overqualified for the role, and inadequately prepared with any real questions. Its supposed to be a technical role, but I got no technical questions. The rest was more like a conversation, I wish they had asked me REAL question.

The hiring manager was not even scheduled to be on the initial interview (?) which was puzzling. Another NO-NO on their HR process. He talked to me for a bit and when I asked for a follow-up he said "I dont know" (?!)

Next day I had a web chat with 2 of the senior guys, both of them awkward, and again, no real questions.

Finally, got rejected a week later. I emailed the hiring manager to thank him for his time and provide some feedback, NO response. Ridiculous.

I dont care what a "great" tech company you are emphasizing your "values". It's simply indecent to take out someone's time for 2 days and not even respond to a thank you email.

Get over yourselves and respect people who take out time out of their day to speak with you.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Would have appreciated some thoughtful questions.   View Answer

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Twitter in June 2014.

No process but endless interviews. There was the distinct impression of complete disarray and an entire company afflicted by ADD. Constant changes in needs and position titles sufficiently put an end to any clarity at all. Re-orgs are fine, but it assumes there's an 'org' first which is not a strength of the current company or management as far as I could tell.

Receptionist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Twitter in July 2014.

I had one initial phone screen and then about 3-5 days later a video conferencing interview that was 1:1 for 30 minutes. After about a week I went onto an onsite interview with four 45-minute interviews and then 3-5 days later a video conferencing interview that lasted 30 minutes for a 1:1.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't feel as though there were any questions that I wasn't prepared to answer or I was surprised by.   Answer Question
    A phone call to go over the offer and ask for verbal acceptance.

Yield Management Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Twitter in August 2014.

First round of interview is 15 minutes phone-screen interview with the recruiter. He/she only wants to make sure that you have sufficient experience for the role you are applying. Second round of interview is with the hiring manager. He asked a lot of technical-related questions, so make sure you know what you put in your resume.

SWE Interview

We had to answer a bunch of questions on a website as a way of screening candidates ahead of time. This was sort of annoying because it only really helped if you got the entire question correct in the given time

Software Engineer Interview

Applied through a referral, was contacted by a recruiter, and then completed two phone interviews. The process seemed very efficient for me and there was not a long turnaround time. I only interacted with people over the phone and they were courteous and nice, with the exception of one engineer interviewer who was sort of gruff.

Interview Questions
    • Write a program to simulate a fair coin given two biased coins. This problem was then extended to vary the head/tail probabilities of the given coins and the coin to simulate.   View Answer

Worked for Twitter? Contribute to the Community!