Twitter

Updated Jan 19, 2015
Updated Jan 19, 2015

3.1

Account Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Twitter.

This was by far one of the best interview experiences that I've ever had. The recruiter was kind, helpful, and always available to answer my questions. After my phone screen, I had a phone interview with one of the hiring managers, and then two round of in-person interviews. The process was seamless, and even fun. The team itself was also top-notch. At the end of the day I was told that my feedback was all positive, but the hiring manager chose to hire someone else based on preference. I truly appreciate that they were willing to provide feedback. I would consider interviewing for another opportunity at twitter simply based on their recruiting process.

Interview Questions
    • How can a technology company effectively use twitter to advertise to other tech businesses?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Twitter.

Within 2 days after application got mail from HR regarding online quiz on HackerRank. The quiz consist of 2 questions and time period is an hour. The questions looks easy but are tricked

Interview Questions
    • 1) find GCD and LCM
      2) implement some formula (x-1)! % x = -1. looks easy but for large number is runs out of memory as factorial get very big. The trick is that the formula is to check is x is prime or not.

View Answer

Brand Planner Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Twitter.

I was referred by a current employee on Twitter's internal job posting platform (Jobvite). I had created a resume specific to this job and company prior to getting submitted.

Once submitted, I was pushed through for a phone interview with the hiring manager. Questions ranged from standards like "why Twitter?" and "why this job?", to ranking my strengths/weaknesses, and citing some of my favorite Twitter ad campaigns. I did 1-2 hours of extensive research before this interview, and after hanging up, received an email within the hour pushing me to the next round.

The third round consisted of a mock assignment. Details of the assignment are confidential, but basically I was tasked with creating a deck for a mock client to solve a mock marketing need with Twitter tools. I gave myself 3 business days to complete this assignment but learned after that I could have asked for much more time. Oh well!

It took about 3 business days to hear back re: the assignment, and I was asked to come onsite for interviews for the 4th round. I had 5 in person interviews on site, each about 30 minutes - 45 minutes. The questions ranged from an impromptu ideation session to pure chemistry and work style. Everyone was AMAZING--very smart, engaging, warm, and people I would love to spend my days with.

From there, it was about 5 business days of waiting. I got an email saying they went with another candidate. I asked for feedback from the hiring manager and didn't receive any, but my hunch is that they with a more senior employee's referral.

Interview Questions
    • What do you want your career trajectory to be at Twitter?   Answer Question

Support Agent Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Twitter.

I applied online and was contacted through a recruiter a week later. I skipped the phone screening with HR and was set up with a call with a hiring manager two days after. After the hiring manager call, I was invited to do a video interview with four people.
    Easy questions, nothing hard. Recruiter was always in contact.

Interview Questions
    • How would you prioritize your work?
      What is your daily tasks?

Answer Question

Strategic Partnership Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Twitter.

Submitted my resume online and 1 month later, I received an email from HR with 5 questions to answer. Two weeks later after i submitted my answers, I received an email to schedule an initial phone screen with HR. The screen lasted 15-20min. 4 Days later, I was asked to schedule a call with one of the team members for a second phone screen. The second phone screen lasted about 30min and the interviewer had a difficult time detailing the specific focus and expectations for the role. Within two weeks, I heard back from HR. This is where Twitter really goofed in their communication with a prospective candidate. First I received a boiler plate rejection email from the recruiter. Then 2hrs later, I received another email from the recruiter asking me to ignore the first email and that after speaking with the team, they wanted to schedule me for an on-site. Then 1min later, I received a third email from the recruiter saying that she connected with the team (again?!?) and wanted to chat with me over the phone. Turns out, the team was narrowing down to two candidates and felt it wouldn't be fair to bring me in for an interview. The whole process was just unprofessional and left me with a very poor impression of their recruiting team and organization.

Interview Questions
    • nothing really stood out as difficult or unexpected.   View Answer

Sales Operations Manager Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Twitter.

Twitter screwed up both my first and second round interviews. My first interviewer last minute cancelled on me (e.g. 3 minutes before the interview) and we rescheduled. Forgivable. My second interviewer was a no-show -- HR scheduled my interview when he was on PTO. Now clearly a trend.

When asked if we could reschedule I declined and withdrew my candidacy. I don't have time to deal with this dumpster-fire that is Twitter HR.

Interview Questions
    • What sales opportunities do you see at Twitter?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ weeksinterviewed at Twitter.

Coding test followed by 2 technical interviews. I was matched with a team thereafter. One engineer from the team interviewed who never bothered to tell me about the team, was not interested in me since the beginning and was super rude.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not the standard interview questions found online.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Given a n-by-n matrix, each cell has a value of either 0 or 1. A cell indicates a wall if its value is 1. give the length of the shortest path from M[0][0] to M[n-1][n-1]. You can move either up, down, left or right.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Twitter in December 2014.

First, I completed an online coding test. This was really simple and designed to weed out people who are unqualified to apply. Next, I had a phone interview and then an online collaborative coding interview. After this, I was notified that I would not receive an internship offer; this surprised me, as I had thought that I nailed the question. I may have been too late in the process (mid December) so apply early!

Interview Questions
    • Show how to rank items in an array using linear space.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Twitter in December 2014.

Contacted by a recruiter via Linkedin. Two phone screens (one more design oriented than other), followed by an onsite where I met with 5 engineers & 1 manager, including lunch. Offer was produced in 2-3 days' time. Had another competing offer which might have played a role in the quick turnaround. Everyone was friendly & the atmosphere was casual.

Interview Questions
    • Standard coding questions. Design questions were challenging but interesting.   Answer Question
    Hold your ground and set expectations right (i would say higher than what you want coz they are likely to low ball you). Also, if you are on an H1B, make sure you ask them to do a Premium Processing transfer & not assume they would do so by default. They do a Regular Processing for all, and will ask you to pay for Premium processing, if not agreed beforehand.