Twitter Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
Updated Apr 15, 2015

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume, got contacted by a recruiter and asked to take an online coding challenge. I submitted the coding challenge and am currently still waiting for a response, but overall I found that what they asked of me was very fair, especially as these internships are competitive.

Brand Strategy Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Reached out to by Recruiter. 30 minute call with Hiring Manager who was very brief, frank, and straight forward to the point. Tried to have a flowing conversation with them whenever asking a question, but they just answered the question in one sentence and went silent. When asking about why they are passionate about the job, their response was very frank and not inspiring. Working for a company like Twitter you would expect that all their employees have a strong and experienced background and it didn't see the case with this person. They were very uninspiring and after the 30 minute call and asking all my questions to try to get a better grasp on the role and department, I was very un-interested in the position. Surprisingly got another 30 minute call with someone who was in a lower level position and they seemed more passionate about the company and their role. I gained much more insight in the position from this person who didn't even work directly in this department that I interviewed for. Was rejected that position later that day, even though I felt more confident in my second interview than my first. Overall, glad I didn't get the position, didn't seem as though it was my fit.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Twitter? How did you hear about this role? Why do you want to work in this department? Tell me about your experience and what you currently do. Do you have any experience in Keynote? Do you have experience in Photoshop? (Even though the role didn't mention anything about requiring experience in Photoshop)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Twitter.

Interview

I got an employee referral and promptly got an email to do an online coding assessment. Unfortunately I did not proceed any further. The recruiter was very friendly and I received notification soon after the assessment.

Account Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Twitter.

Interview

Applied online. HR got back to me the day after to schedule a phone screening. I then I had a video interview w/ the hiring manager about two weeks later and ended with an on-site interview with several team members the following week. Questions weren't difficult or unexpected

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

It was a telephonic interview, Very monotonous.

Interviewer was asking for pre-written standard questions without any further discussion. Looks like he was not interested from the start itself.

One week later, I got the standard email

Software Engineer - Relevance/Machine Learning Interview

Interview

2 phone screen, and then went onsite. The recruiter is very efficient in setting up the interview process. Didn't ask too much machine learning questions. Most of them are coding questions.Have a probability question. Not only asking function implementation, but also the object-oriented knowledge.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Twitter.

Interview

There were a few rounds. The first was a phone interview, which quickly was followed with some web conference interviews. They all asked coding and questions that pertained to the position.

Interview Questions

• The questions can be answered with a basic understanding of algorithms and data structures.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Interview

Two rounds of phone interview with standard questions. One of the interviewers was very inquisitive of my current projects at my current employer, to the extent that it made me uncomfortable. Besides that the rest of the interview was pretty standard. They also asked a few 'behavioral' type of questions.

Interview Questions

• What if you were told by the CEO of Instagram to design a 'trending photos' feature? How would you go about it?   Answer Question
    • A company that you really like and want to be a PM in makes you an offer -- but it's not a PM position. You have choice of being an eng, a data scientist, a marketing person, or a designer. Which one would you choose? Why?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Twitter.

Interview

Twitter is unique because they have you speak to the hiring manager before you speak to HR. Unfortunately, HR is unprofessional and unhelpful. If that's indicative of the way they run the company, I wouldn't want to work there anyway.

Real Estate and Workplace Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Twitter (New York, NY).

Interview

Long...they have you interview with EVERYONE that you'd have interaction with, which means a lot of people without really clear direction of the position they are hiring for. I was flown out to their corporate office, took time off of work numerous times to just be left hanging because they wanted to find other candidates that they could match me with. Although the prospect to work for a company like Twitter is great the process of the interview and the lack of transparency throughout the process hindered the want to even become part of the team.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a Twitter account?   1 Answer