Twitter Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

3.2

105 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Twitter in June 2014.

No process but endless interviews. There was the distinct impression of complete disarray and an entire company afflicted by ADD. Constant changes in needs and position titles sufficiently put an end to any clarity at all. Re-orgs are fine, but it assumes there's an 'org' first which is not a strength of the current company or management as far as I could tell.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Twitter in April 2014.

First took an online coding test. After I passed that, I had a phone screen about a week and a half later. I interviewed on-site about three weeks after the phone screen. The interviewers were great, the recruiter was great, and the questions were very reasonable.

The only negative aspect of the interview process was the delay time between the on-site and the offer. I received the offer about two weeks after the recruiter stated I would (through no fault of his own, however), despite disclosing that I had other offers on the table with deadlines. This really should have been handled more well, as it put me in a rather difficult position.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. The offer was beyond my expectations. Negotiating wouldn't have even been remotely reasonable.

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Twitter.

I made some connections on LinkedIn and spoke to them a few months before applying. I found the position open online and applied with a referral. I had two Skype interviews than a in person.

Interview Questions
    • The position is entry level so the questions had more to do with my previous experience and personality   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Twitter in April 2014.

In my experience this was the smoothest interview process I have been into. It started with a recruiter calling me. Followed by manager calling me for a telephonic round. Followed by an assignment which I had to present online after a week. Followed by a onsite half day interview with five different people from the team. Followed by another round of presentation of the first assignment to another manager. Followed by a technical project presentation.
    The interview was highly focussed on my listed projects and experiences, they covered both technical and business. Also a substantial part of the interview was related to the product and ideas around it.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing in particular. I think most of the questions were very practical in nature.   Answer Question

Oracle P2P Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Twitter in March 2014.

Oracle technical manager asked me a question and was busy doing some thing else while I was answering. He cut me midway during my interview and said he was busy and rescheduled the interview for next day. I never received a call after that.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself. This was the only question asked before the Oracle technical hiring manager decided he had other things to do.I understand if there was an emergency situation but it has been over a month since I heard back. No one from Twitter bothered to call me and reschedule.So much for a BIG name company   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Twitter.

One of the more excessive interviews I've had with a tech company. I went through 4 phone interviews and two onsites before it was all done. The second onsite visit was one of the worst interviews I've ever been through. 6 people for 30 minutes apiece, and they all asked nearly identical sets of questions, with maybe one or two variables each. By the end of the interview, I felt like I had developed a script through repetition. I definitely expected better from Twitter, and was not impressed.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really stood out here, pretty 'run of the mill'.   Answer Question

Technical Program Manager II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Twitter.

very professional and curtious; working w a recruiter from there, they give you as many details as possible to help you.
    Had 2 interviews on the 2 phone + 2 interviews on site.
    Everyone was nice ; it just makes me wonder why i didnt get the job..
    They seem pretty casual but seem to work a lot.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Twitter in October 2013.

I applied online via the website. I was contacted promptly for a HR phone screen. This screen included basic personality tests. I then had two technical phone screens, both of which included collaborative coding, probability questions and algorithmic problems. I was invited onsite for the final set of interviews. I met with five data scientist and one data manager. All of them asked whiteboard coding / ML theory / algorithms questions. I received little information regarding the work life at Twitter.

Ops Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Twitter in May 2014.

Three phone interviews. Each about 30min. Applied online and heard back a few days later. Phone interviews went well. No strange questions. Not sure why the process ended. They must have had more qualified applicants or the requirements changed. One was on a speakerphone so that was difficult. Why companies do this is a mystery. You need the clearest line for important calls, but some companies don't get this for some reason.

Interview Questions
    • The questions asked were expected. Just poor call quality for one of them.   Answer Question

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Twitter in April 2014.

I applied online and the next day I got an email from a recruiter asking me for some more info and for me to do an online coding quiz. After I completed the quiz, the recruiter got back to me immediately and set up a phone interview very shortly afterward. The phone interviewer was really nice and was very helpful with answering questions. He had a couple fairly standard coding questions for me to do and that was about it. The phone interviewer gave me his email address to ask him any more questions that I had, which I did, and he got back to me with a very lengthy answer by the end of the day, which was really nice.

A few days later, the recruiter contacted me again and we set up a date for me to fly down for in-person interviews. At the Twoffice, I had 4 interviews - 3 with engineers and one with a manager. All of them involved coding though one was more general design and the one with the manager had some less technical questions. Most, if not all, asked some fairly open ended questions about previous experience. After the interviews, they gave me a quick tour of the office and that was it.

About a week later, I got a call from a recruiter who basically (but not explicitly) told me I was going to get an offer and wanted to set up some placement interviews with some managers of teams I could join. After doing that, I told the recruiter which team I liked the best and later that day (or maybe the next day) I got an official offer.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were fairly standard. Probably the hardest (to come up with a good answer quickly) were the less technical ones with the manager. These were mostly along the lines of "what would you change about product X?", "What do you want out of a manager?", etc.   Answer Question
    I had heard that Twitter does not negotiate much, if at all, and I didn't try to. The original offer was already very good.

Worked for Twitter? Contribute to the Community!