Twitter

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Product Manager Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Twitter in October 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process:
1) Phone screen with a recruiter
This was a standard introductory conversation about what my background is, what I'm looking for, and why I'm interested in Twitter.

2) Phone screen with the hiring manager
Questions
--What is the most challenging part of product management?
--Give an example of a hunch you had and how you tested or quantified it.
--How do you decide what experiments to run and balance between intuition and measurement?

3) On site interview with 6 people (1:1)
Panel
--3 senior product managers, 2 engineering managers, 1 engineering senior director

Questions
--Case/brainstorming: how would you increase engagement for new members?
--Case/brainstorming: how would you improve messaging (email, push notifications)
--Give an example of a time you've failed.
--How would you improve the registration process?
--How would you decide whether to launch a feature, and once launched, whether or not to continue it?

4) 2nd on site interview with 6 people (1:1)
Panel
--hiring manager, senior product manager, design manager, VP of product, senior engineering manager, senior developer

Questions
--How would you balance infrastructure and product feature development in your roadmap?
--What is the most challenging project you've worked on?
--What is the project you're most proud of?
--What is an app that you like and why? How would you apply this to Twitter?
--How would you convince someone to run an experiment?
--If you had unlimited resources, what would you do at Twitter?
--What was (my previous company's) most bold and impactful product decision over the past year?

Interview Question – Because they are so standard, the behavioral questions can be difficult to answer well. Think of some creative and genuine responses for these when you prepare.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Senior Product Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Twitter.

Interview Details – Twitter followed very good process for interview. Got an eMail within days after submitting resume. Had 2 phone screens. Got back to me saying that they were not going to move forward. I appreciated it. In the end 2nd interviewer said they were looking for a PMO sort of manager. This was a let down, I have been clear starting from recruiter that PMO is not my interest. I think 2 interviewers had a disconnect about what they were looking for.

Interview Question – All questions were relatively easy trying to understand my background and experience   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Twitter

Worked for Twitter? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Twitter Senior Product Manager interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Twitter employees and interview candidates.