Twitter

3.1

84 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ weeksinterviewed at Twitter.

Coding test followed by 2 technical interviews. I was matched with a team thereafter. One engineer from the team interviewed who never bothered to tell me about the team, was not interested in me since the beginning and was super rude.

Interview Questions
  • The questions were not the standard interview questions found online.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Twitter

Software Engineer Interview

Given a n-by-n matrix, each cell has a value of either 0 or 1. A cell indicates a wall if its value is 1. give the length of the shortest path from M[0][0] to M[n-1][n-1]. You can move either up, down, left or right.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Twitter.

The take home question was to write a yaml parser.

Design gmail was the architecture question. We talked a lot about scaling and reliability.

Walk through resume line by line.

Talk with manager about why Twitter.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Twitter.

I received an email from a recruiter after dropping my resume off at a CS career event at my school (Stanford). I was then invited to take an online coding test.

Interview Questions
    • Given a two strings, return whether the second is an anagram of a palindrome of the first string.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Very pleasant experience. People are friendly. They focus on knowledge and personality. They ask technical details but are not particularly picky about them. The interview might be easy for those who have real experience with the subjects, but hard otherwise. It is really how a good interview should be. Highly recommended.

Interview Questions
    • Some online machine learning question.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Twitter in November 2014.

Replied through employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. The recruiter contacted me and asked me to do a hour-long online coding challenge at HackerRank. There were two questions in total. Both were quite easy to solve however i overlooked overflowing issues with my code and didn't pass some of the test cases. The next day I received email the the recruiter saying I did not get to the second round.

Software Engineer Interview

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Twitter.

The process starts with a call from a recruiter. This is followed up with one to two technical phone interviews. Then if the process continues, you'll be brought in for an interview in the office. The process after that is a bit haphazard per internal politics.

Interview Questions
    • most of the questions are technical in nature such as curry functions, organizing large data sets, or questions about scaling.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Twitter in October 2014.

Was contacted by a recruiter with an invite to apply, which contained a code test. Code test was pretty challenging, 2 questions in 60 minutes. I actually did not get a 100% on the code test, but I still received an invite to the phone interview. There, I was asked about a project on my resume that interested the interviewer, which was then followed by a coding question. The interviewer did not provide much help during the duration of the interview. I was unable to provide a working solution for the coding question and received a reject a week later.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Twitter in October 2014.

I got an internal referral by my friend. The recruiter contacted me through in 2 days, ask me to go through an online pre-screen where I have to solve two easy coding tests like binary tree traverse. 2 days after I passed that an phone interview was scheduled. The phone interview interviewer was nice and respectful. Two knowledge based question was aksed, then I was asked to solve a problem in an online code editor.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Twitter.

Contacted by recruiter. They are very fast and responsive. I got an email from recruiter had initial chat. Sent over my resume and had two phone screens. The phone screen was technical.They use a tool similar to collab edit where they can run the code to see the result.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or out of the world.   View Answer