1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Director Asset Management Interview

The process took a year or more - interviewed at Tyco in February 2011.

I first applied for the position in the summer of '10 when I noticed it on ineed.com. I was immediately contacted by the recruiter who thought I was a good fit based on my experience and resume. After going back and forth for a few weeks it seems they had issues with the position internally and removed the posting. The recruiter said he would contact me if anything changes and when they repost the position. A few months later I see the posting come up again and I sent an email to the recruiter. He already had my information but we went back and fourth for a few months again as things did not seemed aligned internally. The recruiter finally contacted me in urgency and I was finally brought in for a face to face interview in February of 2011 in Princeton, NJ. The interview was with 5 people including the CIO, VP and other directors and all seemed to go very well. My last interview was with the person I was going to work for and she only asked me a few questions but spent most of the time on her Blackberry or walking out of the room to talk to people. I understand how things work at large corporations and I did not take issue with this but I assumed the interview went horrible with her specifically. The feedback I received from the recruiter was that the interview went great and they would like to bring me on to TYCO. The only issue is they decided I should be brought in as a Sr. Manager and not a director. They were going to get the new position opened and get back to me. A few weeks went by and every other Director position I applied for I had gotten with other companies. I reached out to Tyco again and they told me they were still working on opening the Sr. Manager spot. After a few more weeks I could not wait any longer I informed Tyco I would need to accept another offer. I would have preferred a Tyco position because I thought it offered me the best opportunity to highlight my management and asset management skills. The position never opened for a Sr. Manager so I felt like I was lied to. Last week a new position opened for the director role which I applied to again and also contacted the recruiter. He told me the position was going to be filled internally but had to be posted externally. I contacted the actual recruiter of the new position who proceeded to tell me I was more the Sr. Manager level and this was a director role. I feel through the whole process I was lied to and not given a fair chance at the job. I would be a perfect fit for the role based on the description but I am happy at my new job as a director at a better company.

Took another position

Worked for Tyco? Contribute to the Community!