Tyco

Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

Interviewed at Tyco

Interview Details – Multiple rounds of interviews with senior management, middle management and co-workers. The HR representative ushers through the interview, and the interviewers take notes. The assessment is made quickly and hiring occurs.

Interview Question – Define an example for how to develop a tool   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 2 rounds

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Tyco in January 2011.

Interview Details – Long process. Expected background check but took additional time due to international inquiry. Very helpful and informative. Very honest and direct during screenning. Interview very specific to position. Plenty of information on benefits and expectations

Negotiation Details – Easy and painless

Staff Auditor Interview

Staff Auditor
Manchester, NH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tyco in September 2010.

Interview Details – Was referred by a friend. Initial phone interview with HR. In person interview with 2 managers. Process lasted about 2 weeks. Asked typical behavioral-based questions. Describe a time when . . . .etc.

Interview Question – Behaviorally focused. Asked about comfort with change.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – negotiated base salary up 7%.

QA Intern Interview

QA Intern
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Tyco.

Interview Details – They need someone with the knowledge of unix and good knowledge about scripting language.
Questions related to networking protocol layer such as HTTP, TCP/IP, UDP , DNS, DHCP.
the interview was a pre-screen and basically related to the technical skills mentioned in the Resume.

Commercial Installation Technician Interview

Commercial Installation Technician

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tyco.

Interview Details – Was short. He mostly dodged my questions into the Kozlowski scandal

Interview Question – Where do you live?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They sent a letter and included an offer

QA Engineer Interview

QA Engineer

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Tyco in December 2011.

Interview Details – Total 5 rounds, first round was a phone screen with the QA manager, asked technical questions about computing, networking, etc. Second phone screen was with a QA Lead from east coast, asked questions regarding work experience on resume, just simply yes or no questions, not technical. Third round was with 2 QAs & 2 developers. Forth round was with 4 dev managers, Fifth round was with dev director.

Interview Question – There was a weird question by one of the dev managers.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

Interview Details – You speak to the manager of the department and they go through the typical interview questions you normally would get at most interviews. They look for people who have the background to do the job you are applying to with in the company. Mine was to know about technically driven products so you would need to have a good grasp on technically driven products.

Interview Question – None that you shouldn't know already when you are prepared for interviewing with anyone.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Right away.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Tyco.

Interview Details – I was brought in by a recruiter for a position other than for the one i was hired. The interview process i feel is really dependent on the interviewer. One interview was very open, friendly and engaging; very much just getting to know you. The next was filled with technical and even trick questions.

Interview Question – The technical questions all revolved around my understanding of Excel.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating was required. I was moving from out of state and had 2 other offers on the table for similar positions and accepted the highest.

Intern Interview

Intern

I interviewed at Tyco in January 2014.

Interview Details – Very friendly people who take the time to get to know your personality. Interview questions were straightforward. They will ask some questions based on your resume.

Interview Question – Why did you choose Tyco? Why this position?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Tyco.

Interview Details – The interview process was very straightforward with many of the normal questions that you would expect to be asked in an interview. Everyone that I dealt with was very helpful and eager to answer any and all of my questions. They really try to get to know you as a candidate in order to make the best possible decision for both you and the company.

Interview Question – How many people do you need to speak with everyday in order to be a successful salesman?   Answer Question

Worked for Tyco? Contribute to the Community!