Tyco Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2014
Updated Aug 20, 2014

2.8

Talent Management Interview

The recruiter was very professional. After an initial screening call, I was invited for a series of interviews that included the hiring manager, peers and internal clients. The interviews were largely behavioral - nothing out of the ordinary - and conducted in a professional manner.

Interview Questions
    • There were not questions that I found to be difficult or unusual which I view as a positive. As stated above, the interviews were conducted professionally and made up of mostly behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I was contacted very quickly and had one phone interview and 4 four half hour in person interviews by various team members. The interviews were easy, and almost fun. Great attitudes and atmosphere. I felt very comfortable through the whole process.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Tyco in July 2014.

1 phone interview, 1 onsite interview..
    I was interviewed by 1 manage and 4 senior software engineer, each one last about 45 mins
    question was around REST API design, unit-test, stress testing, basic data structure, algorithm, multithreading..

relocation

Project Manager Interview

Multiple rounds of interviews with senior management, middle management and co-workers. The HR representative ushers through the interview, and the interviewers take notes. The assessment is made quickly and hiring occurs.

2 rounds

Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Tyco in January 2011.

Long process. Expected background check but took additional time due to international inquiry. Very helpful and informative. Very honest and direct during screenning. Interview very specific to position. Plenty of information on benefits and expectations

Easy and painless

Staff Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Manchester, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tyco in September 2010.

Was referred by a friend. Initial phone interview with HR. In person interview with 2 managers. Process lasted about 2 weeks. Asked typical behavioral-based questions. Describe a time when . . . .etc.

Interview Questions
    • Behaviorally focused. Asked about comfort with change.   Answer Question
    negotiated base salary up 7%.

QA Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Tyco.

They need someone with the knowledge of unix and good knowledge about scripting language.
    Questions related to networking protocol layer such as HTTP, TCP/IP, UDP , DNS, DHCP.
    the interview was a pre-screen and basically related to the technical skills mentioned in the Resume.

Commercial Installation Technician Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tyco.

Was short. He mostly dodged my questions into the Kozlowski scandal

Interview Questions
    They sent a letter and included an offer

QA Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Tyco in December 2011.

Total 5 rounds, first round was a phone screen with the QA manager, asked technical questions about computing, networking, etc. Second phone screen was with a QA Lead from east coast, asked questions regarding work experience on resume, just simply yes or no questions, not technical. Third round was with 2 QAs & 2 developers. Forth round was with 4 dev managers, Fifth round was with dev director.

Interview Questions
    • There was a weird question by one of the dev managers.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

You speak to the manager of the department and they go through the typical interview questions you normally would get at most interviews. They look for people who have the background to do the job you are applying to with in the company. Mine was to know about technically driven products so you would need to have a good grasp on technically driven products.

Interview Questions
    • None that you shouldn't know already when you are prepared for interviewing with anyone.   View Answer
    Right away.

Worked for Tyco? Contribute to the Community!