Tyco

Updated Nov 26, 2014
Updated Nov 26, 2014

2.8

Inside Sales Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Tyco.

Transfer from one job title to another within the same company. Interview process was perfunctory as they had their own idea of who they wanted. No pay raise was offered - they said it was a 'vertical move'.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation phase. They said they wanted me to take the job, I accepted. that was it. No pay raise, no benefits change. just more responsibility

Operations Manager Interview

Use Taleo. Process is lengthy

Intern Interview

Resume shortlist followed by Telephone Interview. The resume shortlist is mostly based on Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) and projects. Around 15 were shortlisted out of 50 students. The interview is very generic. They didn't concentrate much on technical aspects. Most of the questions were HR oriented-- Whether my interests match with the profile etc.

Interview Questions
    • Why am I interested in the given profile. Two profiles were given, one on communications and other on embedded systems. I was asked to explain which of those I would like to choose and why   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

3 Times interview not sure to accept Job because of many Open questions

Project Manager Interview

Multiple rounds of interviews with senior management, middle management and co-workers. The HR representative ushers through the interview, and the interviewers take notes. The assessment is made quickly and hiring occurs.

2 rounds

Finance Manager Interview

First round was directly the Technical round with the Finance Controller.
    It was more interactive than a typical interview.
    The controller did try to gauge whether i actually new Finance metrics and what influenced them.

The next round was with the HR Director and with the GM which were not very indepth.

Interview Questions
    • If i was faced with a situation where i had to bribe a govt official, would i do it?   View Answer
    Please negotiate upfront on your demand as once fixed salary growth is slow.

Project Manager Interview

I was contacted very quickly and had one phone interview and 4 four half hour in person interviews by various team members. The interviews were easy, and almost fun. Great attitudes and atmosphere. I felt very comfortable through the whole process.

Talent Management Interview

The recruiter was very professional. After an initial screening call, I was invited for a series of interviews that included the hiring manager, peers and internal clients. The interviews were largely behavioral - nothing out of the ordinary - and conducted in a professional manner.

Interview Questions
    • There were not questions that I found to be difficult or unusual which I view as a positive. As stated above, the interviews were conducted professionally and made up of mostly behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Shop Technician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tyco in February 2012.

Knew someone, who knew someone, who knew there was an opening for an entry level job. Called the office and I had an interview that week. Met with a department supervisor and talked about the job and what it entailed. Was asked about any personal physical limitations from walking or lifting more than 70lbs which may preclude from employment consideration.

Interview Questions
    • For entry level there were no difficult questions. more of a personality interview. A lot of blue collar technician type guys that like regular guy stuff & sports.   View Answer
    They knew I really needed a job so there was no pay negotiation, but they were afraid I would leave before 1 year because of low pay. 2nd interview was do you really want this job?

Customer Service Managet Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansdale, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansdale, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Tyco.

The process was very straightforward, I'm not sure the hiring manager knew what he was looking for or the HR person, I received very positive feedback. It was so positive I thought an offer was going to be made. This interview was a month ago and to this date I still have not heard back, not even a "sorry we find another candidate" email no communication what so ever.