Tyco

57 candidate interviews

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Tyco

Interview Details – Resume shortlist followed by Telephone Interview. The resume shortlist is mostly based on Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) and projects. Around 15 were shortlisted out of 50 students. The interview is very generic. They didn't concentrate much on technical aspects. Most of the questions were HR oriented-- Whether my interests match with the profile etc.

Interview Question – Why am I interested in the given profile. Two profiles were given, one on communications and other on embedded systems. I was asked to explain which of those I would like to choose and why   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager

Interviewed at Tyco

Interview Details – 3 Times interview not sure to accept Job because of many Open questions

Interview Question – Interviewer could not Antwerpen my question   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

Interviewed at Tyco

Interview Details – Multiple rounds of interviews with senior management, middle management and co-workers. The HR representative ushers through the interview, and the interviewers take notes. The assessment is made quickly and hiring occurs.

Interview Question – Define an example for how to develop a tool   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 2 rounds

Finance Manager Interview

Finance Manager

Interviewed at Tyco

Interview Details – First round was directly the Technical round with the Finance Controller.
It was more interactive than a typical interview.
The controller did try to gauge whether i actually new Finance metrics and what influenced them.

The next round was with the HR Director and with the GM which were not very indepth.

Interview Question – If i was faced with a situation where i had to bribe a govt official, would i do it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Please negotiate upfront on your demand as once fixed salary growth is slow.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

Interviewed at Tyco

Interview Details – I was contacted very quickly and had one phone interview and 4 four half hour in person interviews by various team members. The interviews were easy, and almost fun. Great attitudes and atmosphere. I felt very comfortable through the whole process.

Interview Question – What did you do yesterday?   Answer Question

Customer Service Managet Interview

Customer Service Managet
Lansdale, PA

I applied online and interviewed at Tyco.

Interview Details – The process was very straightforward, I'm not sure the hiring manager knew what he was looking for or the HR person, I received very positive feedback. It was so positive I thought an offer was going to be made. This interview was a month ago and to this date I still have not heard back, not even a "sorry we find another candidate" email no communication what so ever.

Interview Question – It was so basic no unexpected questions   Answer Question

Electronics Engineer Interview

Electronics Engineer
Boca Raton, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Tyco in May 2012.

Interview Details – Strange company and hiring process, had initial phone screening with talent recruiter then a phone screen with the hiring manager, never heard back from them then 1 month later I got another inquiry from a internal recruiter and talked to the hiring manager again who did not remember me.

Interview Question – No real hard questions, products are kinda dull and boring and was not hit with anything that stumped me.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Woburn, MA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Tyco in February 2008.

Interview Details – Simple, I have a phone interview, next day I got the 1:1 interview, just one and 30 minutes after I left I got a call from the staffing agency that they want to make me an offer. The drug test was after I received the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. they pay me what I asked. Maybe I sold my selfshort.

Engineering Internship Interview

Engineering Internship
Marinette, WI

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Tyco in March 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was centered around my resume. They also wanted to know why I wanted to work there. They asked me questions directly from my resume about my experienes with leadership activities. I had two interviews. The first was with engineers, the second was with someone from HR. In both interviews, the people were very friendly.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Ansul/Tyco?   Answer Question

IT Operations Intern Interview

IT Operations Intern
Princeton, NJ

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tyco in June 2011.

Interview Details – I had one initial interview with the two workers who ended up being my bosses. I thought this was fantastic because the social environment of the company is extremely important. The interview was not harsh or overbearing, and was very relaxed and open. They were very kind and after 1 interview I was offered the position.

Interview Question – What makes you qualified for this position?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate when I started and stopped working, and probably could have negotiated a few more items but was happy with the offer.

Worked for Tyco? Contribute to the Community!