Tyco

2.8

Commercial Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Tyco in March 2012.

The process is very lengthy and there are numerous written and oral exams. The initial phone interview is very positive, but the one on one interview was completely different and had not association with the phone interview. Mostly it comes down to whether or not the sales manager likes you.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question is if you can make 40 cold calls a day and generate all of your own leads. That's a pretty depressing prospect and only the most desperate people usually answer yes.   Answer Question
    Your salary and benefits are set in stone. There is no negotiation.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Tyco in July 2014.

Interview set-up through a temp agency. I interviewed for administrative assistant for 2 different departments. I interviewed with the Operations manager and the Service Department Manager together. They took turns asking questions. They had me talk through my resume. The process was a bit adversarial. The Ops manager questioned my seriousness and whether I could fit into their work environment.

Interview Questions
    • To comment on the seriousness of my personality.   View Answer

Talent Management Interview

The recruiter was very professional. After an initial screening call, I was invited for a series of interviews that included the hiring manager, peers and internal clients. The interviews were largely behavioral - nothing out of the ordinary - and conducted in a professional manner.

Interview Questions
    • There were not questions that I found to be difficult or unusual which I view as a positive. As stated above, the interviews were conducted professionally and made up of mostly behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I was contacted very quickly and had one phone interview and 4 four half hour in person interviews by various team members. The interviews were easy, and almost fun. Great attitudes and atmosphere. I felt very comfortable through the whole process.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tyco in July 2014.

1 phone interview, 1 onsite interview..
    I was interviewed by 1 manage and 4 senior software engineer, each one last about 45 mins
    question was around REST API design, unit-test, stress testing, basic data structure, algorithm, multithreading..

relocation

Finance Manager Interview

First round was directly the Technical round with the Finance Controller.
    It was more interactive than a typical interview.
    The controller did try to gauge whether i actually new Finance metrics and what influenced them.

The next round was with the HR Director and with the GM which were not very indepth.

Interview Questions
    • If i was faced with a situation where i had to bribe a govt official, would i do it?   View Answer
    Please negotiate upfront on your demand as once fixed salary growth is slow.

Project Manager Interview

Multiple rounds of interviews with senior management, middle management and co-workers. The HR representative ushers through the interview, and the interviewers take notes. The assessment is made quickly and hiring occurs.

2 rounds

Service Support Coordinator Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tyco.

The interview was very basic, I was interviewed by (3) different managers. They explain what the role/position is, telling you what to expect. You won't know what they are talking about until you really get yourself into the business.

Project Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Tyco in March 2010.

First interview conducted by hiring manager. First interview was to find the right candidates and shortlisting. Usually they will shortlist 3 potential candidates. Second and final interview done by GM. If successful HR will contact you.

Interview Questions
    • GM will asked a lot of technical questions to test your knowledge. May even request interviewee to draw up simple schematic diagram based on his technical questions.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Tyco in January 2011.

Long process. Expected background check but took additional time due to international inquiry. Very helpful and informative. Very honest and direct during screenning. Interview very specific to position. Plenty of information on benefits and expectations

Easy and painless