Tyco

Relevance Date Difficulty

Applications Manager Interview

Applications Manager
Fort Washington, PA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Tyco.

Interview Details – Interview was fairly lightweight, none of the Google or Microsoft abstract thinking questions. More experience based, "what would you in this situation" and making sure you are a good fit for the team and manager - which is very important.

I started with the company in a junior position. so interviewing was easy. only one interview and an offer.

took around 4 weeks from initial contact to an offer letter. background checks, education verification etc may take longer.

Interview Question – What are your plans for the future, where do you see yourself in 5 years. This questions is asked to see if you are a planner and a forward thinker.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating. The offer was the offer - but originally applied for a junior position

Sales Development Interview

Sales Development

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Tyco.

Interview Details – I meet with two recruiters at my schools career fair. After giving them my resume and applying online I was then selected for a phone interview. After doing well on that, I had to do another phone interview a few days later. I heard back from them within a week telling me I was selected for a SuperDay at the headquarters. I attended that and it was very detail, yet an easy process. Meet with 10 different managers as well as the CEO, they were very informative and easy to talk to.

Interview Question – All behavioral type questions about leadership or customer service. Basically the typical interview questions. Very easy and non stressful   Answer Question

Lead Engineer Interview

Lead Engineer
Boca Raton, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Tyco in November 2009.

Interview Details – The job interview process can be lengthy. Being interviewed once and getting a job offer is typically a thing of the past. Today Tyco have an involved interview process starting with screening interviews, followed by in-person interviews, second interviews and even thrid interviews.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Tyco.

Interview Details – Two initial meetings with hiring manager

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Managet Interview

Customer Service Managet
Lansdale, PA

I applied online and interviewed at Tyco.

Interview Details – The process was very straightforward, I'm not sure the hiring manager knew what he was looking for or the HR person, I received very positive feedback. It was so positive I thought an offer was going to be made. This interview was a month ago and to this date I still have not heard back, not even a "sorry we find another candidate" email no communication what so ever.

Interview Question – It was so basic no unexpected questions   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Finance Manager
Boca Raton, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Tyco in September 2012.

Interview Details – I was employed by the company in a different position, so I was an internal candidate. I had been with the company for 12 years working in several different positions, so I had a lot to offer (technical background, MBA, knowledge of back-office systems, and business operations).

I approached the hiring manager to discuss the open position. Initially, he was apprehensive about considering me for the position, and rightfully so, as I had no experience in finance yet. However, because of my extensive knowledge of the company and systems, he decided to interview me. Ultimately, he selected me for the position, and I'm very pleased he did.

I've enjoyed working in the position for the past year, as it has provided me yet another new perspective on the company's operations.

Interview Question – I cannot really recall any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Unfortunately, being an internal candidate, there was very little room for negotiation. I had to accept the offer I was given.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Senior Product Manager
Westminster, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Tyco in August 2009.

Interview Details – Multiple Interviews

Interview Question – How to deal with difficult people?   Answer Question

Engineering Development Program Engineer Interview

Engineering Development Program Engineer
Cranston, RI

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Tyco in February 2011.

Interview Details – I met Tyco at a career fair at my school. I had a discussion with a HR representative at the booth and was ask for a follow up interview. the next day. The interview went very well. They ask question about my previous projects that I have worked on, how I work in a group and general questions. They were impressed that I wore a full business suit and that I requested business cards after the interview. I then did an onsite interview all day and was then offered the job

Interview Question – I don't remember any questions being particular hard for me to answer   Answer Question

Emergency Dispatch Operator Interview

Emergency Dispatch Operator
Kansas City, MO

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Tyco.

Interview Details – I applied in person, took a typing test and filled out the application, no resumé needed. Got an interview later and it went well. The people were pleasant.

Senior Director, Human Resources Interview

Senior Director, Human Resources

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Tyco.

Interview Details – Contacted by an external recruiter first and had to prove out qualifications and experience, including examples of projects, presentations, etc. Interviewed with several leaders on two different occasions, with about a week or so in between.

Interview Question – What most qualifies you for this position?   Answer Question