Tyco Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2015

2.7

QA Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tyco (Boston, MA).

Interview

They need someone with the knowledge of unix and good knowledge about scripting language.
    Questions related to networking protocol layer such as HTTP, TCP/IP, UDP , DNS, DHCP.
    the interview was a pre-screen and basically related to the technical skills mentioned in the Resume.

Commercial Installation Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tyco.

Interview

Was short. He mostly dodged my questions into the Kozlowski scandal

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They sent a letter and included an offer

Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tyco (Hartford, CT).

Interview

The interview was conducted in person

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They told me what the job paid and I accepted.

Accounts Receivable Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westminster, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Tyco (Westminster, MA).

Interview

I had a phone interview first and then I was called in for an in person interview with multiple managers of the department.

Job wasn't as desirable as I had thought

Account Manager Interview

Application

Interview

You speak to the manager of the department and they go through the typical interview questions you normally would get at most interviews. They look for people who have the background to do the job you are applying to with in the company. Mine was to know about technically driven products so you would need to have a good grasp on technically driven products.

Interview Questions

• None that you shouldn't know already when you are prepared for interviewing with anyone.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Right away.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Tyco.

Interview

I was brought in by a recruiter for a position other than for the one i was hired. The interview process i feel is really dependent on the interviewer. One interview was very open, friendly and engaging; very much just getting to know you. The next was filled with technical and even trick questions.

Interview Questions

• The technical questions all revolved around my understanding of Excel.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating was required. I was moving from out of state and had 2 other offers on the table for similar positions and accepted the highest.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tyco.

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward with many of the normal questions that you would expect to be asked in an interview. Everyone that I dealt with was very helpful and eager to answer any and all of my questions. They really try to get to know you as a candidate in order to make the best possible decision for both you and the company.

Interview Questions

• How many people do you need to speak with everyday in order to be a successful salesman?   Answer Question

Applications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Washington, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Tyco (Fort Washington, PA).

Interview

Interview was fairly lightweight, none of the Google or Microsoft abstract thinking questions. More experience based, "what would you in this situation" and making sure you are a good fit for the team and manager - which is very important.

I started with the company in a junior position. so interviewing was easy. only one interview and an offer.

took around 4 weeks from initial contact to an offer letter. background checks, education verification etc may take longer.

Interview Questions

• What are your plans for the future, where do you see yourself in 5 years. This questions is asked to see if you are a planner and a forward thinker.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating. The offer was the offer - but originally applied for a junior position

Intern Interview

Application

interviewed at Tyco in January 2014.

Interview

Very friendly people who take the time to get to know your personality. Interview questions were straightforward. They will ask some questions based on your resume.

Sales Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Tyco.

Interview

I meet with two recruiters at my schools career fair. After giving them my resume and applying online I was then selected for a phone interview. After doing well on that, I had to do another phone interview a few days later. I heard back from them within a week telling me I was selected for a SuperDay at the headquarters. I attended that and it was very detail, yet an easy process. Meet with 10 different managers as well as the CEO, they were very informative and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral type questions about leadership or customer service. Basically the typical interview questions. Very easy and non stressful   Answer Question