1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Safety Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marinette, WI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marinette, WI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tyco in November 2011.

The interview process began with an initial phone screening between myself and the Human Resource Manager. This took about 30 minutes, and the questions were generally focused on my past work and educational experience.
I was invited to their facility to complete a two part interview. The first part between the Human Resource Manager and the site Safety Director, and the second part between an HR Assistant and the Plant Manager.
The part which involved meeting with the Safety Director was the important part of this interview, since this person would be the direct report for the position that I was interviewing for. The questions were situational based, and were very specific. The answers which they were seeking were as specific as the questions being asked. Some of the questions were very personal in nature, and were uncomfortable to answer.
Prior to the interview, the HR manager told me that Tyco would pay for my mileage required of me to drive there for the interview. After the interview, I filled out and submitted an expense report. However I never received any payment for my mileage.
I did not receive a job offer, nor did I receive a rejection letter. Leaving the interview was the last communication that I had with the company. I have no reason the believe that Tyco is a bad company to work for. However I the people that I met with that day were relatively poor at interviewing, and were somewhat unethical about the process.

Interview Questions
  • The most difficult question to answer was about whether or not my wife would be willing to relocate if I were offered the position.   Answer Question