Tyler Technologies

Tyler Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Feb 3, 2015
Updated Feb 3, 2015

Software Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Tyler Technologies.

I received a call from HR a couple days after applying. I was offered the opportunity to come in for a round of interviews. I had a 30 minute interview with the HR rep. - General questions. I then had two half-hour interviews, each consisting of a manager and a team-lead - More general questions/ some tech questions. I personally did not really like the atmosphere at Tyler - seemed a bit too like it was military-driven for my taste. I was offered a position in another company, which provided better benefits, better growth opportunities, and a better work-life balance.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question - They asked me to write a query in a 4gl that I was working with at the time - pretty easy.   Answer Question

Junior Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Tyler Technologies in January 2015.

From applying to denial, the process took four days. Initial phone screening lasted about 20 minutes. Was contacted the next day to set up a phone interview. Phone interview lasted ~30 minutes and involved mostly behavioral questions. Interviewers were very interested in any prior group experiences. The few technical questions asked were fairly simple: basic OO design, data structures, SQL, and Java questions.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked why I chose the university I graduated from, kind of unexpected. Also stumbled on a polymorphism question.   Answer Question

Implementation Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tyler Technologies in November 2014.

I was first interviewed by the HR specialist, and then spoke to the hiring manager. Did two phone interviews with them. They were mainly concerned if I would be interested in the 100% travel of the job and made it very clear how much travel the job would require. The hiring manager did ask typical interview questions (What is your greatest strength, what is your greatest weakness, etc)

Interview Questions
    • Google the top most asked interview questions, those were most of the questions   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tyler Technologies.

It took 3 interviews to get hired, the 1st with the HR representative, and the next 2 with project managers and VP of software development. There weren't any hard-balls thrown when asked technical questions, anyone with a 4 year CS degree should be able to answer questions asked. The process was a bit more relaxed than other places I've interviewed, and each interview lasted roughly 1 hour.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any technical questions asked in my interview....just if I understood SQL syntax, structured programming....   View Answer

Associate Software Developer Interview

Phone Interview I: Basic description of yourself, your experiences in development, and how you work in teams.

Phone Interview II: Social and technical assessment. This is with the team manager to see if you're a good fit.

I originally encountered a representative from Tyler Technologies at my university's job fair where I had to include more about my experience and GPA.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest strength/weakness?   View Answer
    I asked for more than the average but not by much.

Instructional Designer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Tyler Technologies in October 2014.

I applied on a Tuesday using the online app. Received a call requesting an interview the next Tuesday for the following Wednesday. The interview was standard with questions regarding instructional design, fit, and strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions
    • If we ask your previous employer what your strengths and weaknesses are, what would they say?   Answer Question
    A little negotiation. Offer was fair.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falmouth, ME
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falmouth, ME

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tyler Technologies in September 2014.

Initial phone interview was conducted to go over the basics, after that I was offered to go into the office and had an extensive interview. Met with multiple teams/managers over 3 hours.

Interview Questions
    Easy, the offer was great, could not refuse.

Software Trainer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tyler Technologies in July 2014.

I applied online and less than a week later, had a phone interview. The interview went well except for when they mentioned the position would be 75-90% travel. I'm not sure why they wouldn't mention that in the job posting. I wouldn't have wasted all of our time if I'd known that. I'm open to travel, but being a 'road warrior' is an essential mindset for the position, and should have been disclosed in the online job posting.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult - just the typical 'What is your training style?' and "Tell me about your previous positions."   Answer Question

Deployment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Tyler Technologies in June 2014.

First was phone screening/Interview, next was two person interview with management, third was interview with Director of Technical services, HR recruiter, and technical services manager. The process took about 4 weeks to get hired.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you were put in an awkward position at work and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Tyler Technologies.

I had one interview with 2 people on the team. They asked me questions related to why I wanted to move to Maine, why user experience. The interview went well but i did not get the offer because it was a senior position and i am a new grad and they wanted someone with experience.