Tyler Technologies

2.2

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Tyler Technologies.

Overall, the process was not too difficult. There was a technical screening and then interview. Strangely, there was not a single technical question in the personal interview. I don't know how they measure the skills of an entering candidate. But people were good and cooperative.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected question was: "What song would you choose if you were selected for American Idol". I don't know how that relates to a software engineering job.   View Answer

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA

I applied online – interviewed at Tyler Technologies in December 2013.

I just came back from their interview of summer intern and waiting for next step, and it's the first interview of my life. I like them so far. (If they give me the internship I'll like them more lol!)

First I submitted my resume on 12/16, and they email me to go to their technical screen on 12/19, it's a bit rush. When I get there, there are about 20 applicants, and we take a paper test, like a midterm in college, no time limit. It is not very hard but there are still some question I can not answer. Anyway, easy doesn't matter because if it's easy, everyone feels easy.

All guys there wear a blue t-shirt says "There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.", very casual place.

After the test, you talk to a guy, he/she(I talked with Christina) will ask you some question, not technical, like "why you choose CS as your major?" "what motivate you?" I am not prepared so I answered "get a job" lol. I thought it was just a chat, fail. Finally, you get a t-shirt and back home waiting for update.

In general it's a very comfort interview. I like them.

Interview Questions
    • None yet, I think I did bad but it's just me, I am not well prepared lol.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tyler Technologies in December 2013.

Like a test in school. Problems are really really easy. People are nice.

Product Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Tyler Technologies in June 2012.

There was 1 phone screen and 2 in person interviews.
    The phone screen was really basic, a lot of fit questions. Was contacted for an in person interview about 1 week later. The 1st in person interview was a 1:1 with the HR rep, then a panel with 2 people from the department. Mostly questions about my experience and goals. Some behavioral questions, but no technical questions.. I followed up after the interview via email and got no response for several weeks. Finally was contacted to come in for a second interview. The 2nd interview was with 4 people from the department. Mostly just refresher questions from the first interview. Received an offer 4 days later.

Interview Questions
    • Do you prefer to communicate in person or via email? Why?   View Answer

SDET- Test Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Tyler Technologies in March 2009.

Some programming and test related question