U-Haul Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2015

1.6

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U-Haul.

Interview

Easiest interview of my life. Interviewed over the phone a few weeks after applying. Went into to drop off paper work, drug test, computer test, and then you have the job.

Interview Questions

• Typical, why us? Why should we pick you? Tell us about a difficult situation....ect.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for U-Haul

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U-Haul (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Filled out their on-line application and did their test with Spinning Gears and Tires and if I lift a weight with a rope, what happens, and if I turned the steering Wheel to the right and backed up, which way would a trailer attached to the back turn.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Interview

A few days after applying online, I received a phone call from the general manager to set up an in-person interview. At the interview, the GM did a brief run through on what the company did, and how the position fit into that. Then he made a final job offer, salary and hours. He also said that he needed a DMV record before finalizing any paperwork.

Interview Questions

• How was my driving record?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U-Haul in April 2015.

Interview

An HR rep called and we talked for about 15 min. She asked me about my previous jobs and what my responsibilities were. She asked about my availability and then some basic computer questions to see how familiar I was. They're basically looking for someone with common sense that can communicate with other people. They want to make sure you can handle customers that are angry with a calm demeanor.

Interview Questions

• Where is the start button to your programs on your PC?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at U-Haul.

Interview

Applied for the job on indeed.com,had to take a test after filling out the application. The next week I was called in for an interview. I was asked basic interview questions and then the hiring manager told me about the position and the company. He said that he was interviewing a few people and that if I received a call from him, I was hired. Called me within 2 days and offered me the job. One week of training.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at U-Haul.

Interview

Applied online, showed my face a couple of days later to let the manager know who I was and to give him a proper introduction to put a face to my name. Called the job back shortly after that day and was told that I would receive a call for an interview if I were to be a prospect for the pos. Interviewed for the job in business attire and spoke with the manager about my availability as well as my former work like usual. Was myself through the whole thing. Manager seemed to get that I had sort of a handy and professional background/character and handed me shirt to work that week after asking if I would like to.

Interview Questions

• Favorite pro football team   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A just accepted offer since it was my first non-seasonal job

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U-Haul.

Interview

You received a call they checked your pulse if you were alive you were put on the schedule with out regard to any abilities you had or didn't have, a warm body to fill a slot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

What negotiation, they pay about twenty cents over min wage as a rule.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at U-Haul.

Interview

Was recommended by a friend, visited the store with him and helped move some trailers before I got hired. They hired me on the spot, no real interview per say.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Once you are in orientation you take a program, if you fail the final test twice you lose your chance at the job. It isn't too hard though.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They asked what I was payed at my other job and matched it.

Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at U-Haul (Pomona, CA).

Interview

Hiring was smooth and simple. Straight to the point. Company needs people to work. So as long as you can work and listen, you have the job locked in. Get along with all your coworkers that is the main test.

Interview Questions

• Can you work nights, rainy days? Do you have reliable transportation? Can you work holidays?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation besides your schedule.

Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at U-Haul (Waco, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

I had two interviews and got hired. Both of the GM's that interviewed me were very knowledgable about UHaul.I was first considered for the Waco Dr location but then I got hired for the Tx Central Pkwy location. Which was better for me because they are a smaller location and dont sell propane.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question I had to answer was about my availbility because I'm usually really flexible with my schedule and they didnt understand how someone could be like that.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered 7.75 at Waco Dr but I got 8.25 at Tx Central Pkwy thats a much better rate of pay