U-Haul

Updated Dec 13, 2014

1.5

28 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at U-Haul.

Applied online, showed my face a couple of days later to let the manager know who
I was and to give him a proper introduction to put a face to my name. Called the job back shortly after that day and was told that I would receive a call for an interview if I were to be a prospect for the pos. Interviewed for the job in business attire and spoke with the manager about my availability as well as my former work like usual. Was myself through the whole thing. Manager seemed to get that I had sort of a handy and professional background/character and handed me shirt to work that week after asking if I would like to.

Interview Questions
N/A just accepted offer since it was my first non-seasonal job

Other Interview Reviews for U-Haul

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at U-Haul.

You received a call they checked your pulse if you were alive you were put on the schedule with out regard to any abilities you had or didn't have, a warm body to fill a slot.

Interview Questions
    What negotiation, they pay about twenty cents over min wage as a rule.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at U-Haul.

Was recommended by a friend, visited the store with him and helped move some trailers before I got hired. They hired me on the spot, no real interview per say.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Once you are in orientation you take a program, if you fail the final test twice you lose your chance at the job. It isn't too hard though.   Answer Question
    They asked what I was payed at my other job and matched it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at U-Haul.

Hiring was smooth and simple. Straight to the point. Company needs people to work. So as long as you can work and listen, you have the job locked in. Get along with all your coworkers that is the main test.

Interview Questions
    • Can you work nights, rainy days? Do you have reliable transportation? Can you work holidays?   View Answer
    No negotiation besides your schedule.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waco, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waco, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at U-Haul in May 2014.

I had two interviews and got hired. Both of the GM's that interviewed me were very knowledgable about UHaul.I was first considered for the Waco Dr location but then I got hired for the Tx Central Pkwy location. Which was better for me because they are a smaller location and dont sell propane.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I had to answer was about my availbility because I'm usually really flexible with my schedule and they didnt understand how someone could be like that.   View Answer
    I was offered 7.75 at Waco Dr but I got 8.25 at Tx Central Pkwy thats a much better rate of pay

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U-Haul.

I walked into the store, and a supervisor of the store was there. I talked to him about a job, and he asked me if I had any experience with customer service. I told him my experiences, and he had me take an application test and told me all the answers. Then, he gave me the paper work for a drug test, and sent my papers through.

Interview Questions
    • Have I had any automotive experience or customer service experience   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate 8.75

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at U-Haul.

I applied online, as I see now that's the only way to apply, and got a call back within the week. The online application was simply a knowledge/skills test to see if you could handle customers as well as equipment (installing hitches, repairing equipment, re-wiring equipment, etc.) I knew someone who worked at that location and they had already spoke to the manager. When I went in for the "interview", all I did was input my info, name, age, address, bank account number, etc. I started their 1-2-3 Punch training process the next day.

No negotiation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at U-Haul in January 2014.

I applied at about 7 AM and received a call within 2 hours. I set up an interview for a few days later and met with the General Manager. The interview was very cut and dry, she asked me basic interview questions, and also wanted to make sure that I didn't mind getting dirty (as you will be working in all sorts of weather, and the physical aspect of the job does make you sweaty).

Interview Questions
    • Everything was very basic, tell me about a difficult customer you've had to deal with, tell me about your experience on the phones, etc.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiating, she called me a couple of weeks later and offered me the job, I accepted at the rate of pay that she offered me.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at U-Haul.

I basically went into with resume in hand and a tie on, and all the general manager did was ask my availability then pretty much higher me on the spot. Very laid back. Tie wasn't necessary.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at U-Haul.

just apply if you can pass a drug test they will hire anyone almost

none