U-Haul Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

1.6

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Interview

A few days after applying online, I received a phone call from the general manager to set up an in-person interview.

At the interview, the GM did a brief run through on what the company did, and how the position fit into that. Then he made a final job offer, salary and hours. He also said that he needed a DMV record before finalizing any paperwork.

Interview Questions

• How was my driving record?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for U-Haul

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at U-Haul in April 2015.

Interview

An HR rep called and we talked for about 15 min. She asked me about my previous jobs and what my responsibilities were. She asked about my availability and then some basic computer questions to see how familiar I was. They're basically looking for someone with common sense that can communicate with other people. They want to make sure you can handle customers that are angry with a calm demeanor.

Interview Questions

• Where is the start button to your programs on your PC?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at U-Haul.

Interview

Applied for the job on indeed.com,had to take a test after filling out the application. The next week I was called in for an interview. I was asked basic interview questions and then the hiring manager told me about the position and the company. He said that he was interviewing a few people and that if I received a call from him, I was hired. Called me within 2 days and offered me the job. One week of training.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at U-Haul.

Interview

Applied online, showed my face a couple of days later to let the manager know who
    I was and to give him a proper introduction to put a face to my name. Called the job back shortly after that day and was told that I would receive a call for an interview if I were to be a prospect for the pos. Interviewed for the job in business attire and spoke with the manager about my availability as well as my former work like usual. Was myself through the whole thing. Manager seemed to get that I had sort of a handy and professional background/character and handed me shirt to work that week after asking if I would like to.

Interview Questions

• Favorite pro football team   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A just accepted offer since it was my first non-seasonal job

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at U-Haul.

Interview

You received a call they checked your pulse if you were alive you were put on the schedule with out regard to any abilities you had or didn't have, a warm body to fill a slot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

What negotiation, they pay about twenty cents over min wage as a rule.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at U-Haul.

Interview

Was recommended by a friend, visited the store with him and helped move some trailers before I got hired. They hired me on the spot, no real interview per say.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Once you are in orientation you take a program, if you fail the final test twice you lose your chance at the job. It isn't too hard though.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They asked what I was payed at my other job and matched it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at U-Haul (Pomona, CA).

Interview

Hiring was smooth and simple. Straight to the point. Company needs people to work. So as long as you can work and listen, you have the job locked in. Get along with all your coworkers that is the main test.

Interview Questions

• Can you work nights, rainy days? Do you have reliable transportation? Can you work holidays?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation besides your schedule.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at U-Haul (Waco, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

I had two interviews and got hired. Both of the GM's that interviewed me were very knowledgable about UHaul.I was first considered for the Waco Dr location but then I got hired for the Tx Central Pkwy location. Which was better for me because they are a smaller location and dont sell propane.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question I had to answer was about my availbility because I'm usually really flexible with my schedule and they didnt understand how someone could be like that.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered 7.75 at Waco Dr but I got 8.25 at Tx Central Pkwy thats a much better rate of pay

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U-Haul.

Interview

I walked into the store, and a supervisor of the store was there. I talked to him about a job, and he asked me if I had any experience with customer service. I told him my experiences, and he had me take an application test and told me all the answers. Then, he gave me the paper work for a drug test, and sent my papers through.

Interview Questions

• Have I had any automotive experience or customer service experience   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate 8.75

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at U-Haul.

Interview

I applied online, as I see now that's the only way to apply, and got a call back within the week. The online application was simply a knowledge/skills test to see if you could handle customers as well as equipment (installing hitches, repairing equipment, re-wiring equipment, etc.) I knew someone who worked at that location and they had already spoke to the manager. When I went in for the "interview", all I did was input my info, name, age, address, bank account number, etc. I started their 1-2-3 Punch training process the next day.

Negotiation

No negotiation.