U-Haul

Getting the Interview

20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Akron, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at U-Haul in March 2013.

Interview Details – I knew a girl that worked there so the manager had me come in to say hi and helped me take the test to qualify for hire.

Interview Question – There were no questions, I was hired on the spot because I knew someone.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at U-Haul.

Interview Details – I walked into the store, and a supervisor of the store was there. I talked to him about a job, and he asked me if I had any experience with customer service. I told him my experiences, and he had me take an application test and told me all the answers. Then, he gave me the paper work for a drug test, and sent my papers through.

Interview Question – Have I had any automotive experience or customer service experience   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate 8.75

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at U-Haul in February 2010.

Interview Details – I appiled for a job on-line that was the first step. Next i went into a location and spoke with the manager on duty. After word I got a call back in regards to the job. I was schedule for a one on one interview. Everything went well and i benn working for u-haul for four years now.

Interview Question – When a customer ask for a trailer to pull Atv etc. We have to tell the customer we will get back to them in 24 hrs. Alot of customers get upset about the situation because we are no help at the time.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at U-Haul.

Interview Details – I applied online, as I see now that's the only way to apply, and got a call back within the week. The online application was simply a knowledge/skills test to see if you could handle customers as well as equipment (installing hitches, repairing equipment, re-wiring equipment, etc.) I knew someone who worked at that location and they had already spoke to the manager. When I went in for the "interview", all I did was input my info, name, age, address, bank account number, etc. I started their 1-2-3 Punch training process the next day.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at U-Haul in July 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted my application online for a job posting, after that I received a call from local GM at the store I was applying for. Small interview on phone, came in for interview. Nothing special about the questions all normal/

Plano, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at U-Haul in May 2009.

Interview Details – I put my application in at 3am i got a call at 7 am,. they hired me on the spot handed me a uniform told me to come in the next day.

Interview Question – The GM and ASM were in the same room interviewing me the ASM was very unprofessional. Later this manager was terminated.   View Answer

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at U-Haul.

Interview Details – I basically went into with resume in hand and a tie on, and all the general manager did was ask my availability then pretty much higher me on the spot. Very laid back. Tie wasn't necessary.

Pomona, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at U-Haul in February 2009.

Interview Details – I put in my application and got a call a few hours later. There was really no interview to speak of. I showed up and received an explanation of the job's expectations and then was asked if I was up for it.

Interview Question – It wasn't really an interview, per se. It was more like "this is what the job is like, take it or leave it."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't one. Start at $8.50 per hour

Pensacola, FL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at U-Haul in May 2011.

Interview Details – Applied for the job through Pensacola Jobs website. Got a call from the manager of one of the locations to come in for an interview. Since I had manager experience I was offered a position.

Interview Question – If I knew how to install hitches.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation...8.00 per hour.

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at U-Haul in August 2012.

Interview Details – Tried to apply for the "work at home" CSR. Had to bring a copy of my Internet speed, download and upload, from a testing website they use to see if my computer qualified. Was unfortunately on the tail end of the summer busy season, so they were winding down and I missed the 6-week training period. Several months later they called to see if I was still interested in the winter push.

Interview Question – What have you done to go out of your way or above and beyond to do something to make a customer happy.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at U-Haul

Worked for U-Haul? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at U-Haul Customer Service Representative interview questions and advice. All 20 interview reviews posted anonymously by U-Haul employees and interview candidates.