U-Haul French Translator Interview Questions & Reviews

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

French Translator Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ
Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at U-Haul in August 2009.

I first accepted the job offer after multiple testing and interviews, including meeting all personnel and being introduced to staff. The agreement was that I would continue freelancing and work for the company. The company work would be carried on from my remote office where I have all my reference materials and expertise equipment, I was to travel to the office on a periodic basis for meetings but do the actual work at my remote office. After having been hired, the hiring manager introduced changed conditions: she was to monitor every click by having me use a small screen company computer rather than mine (performing the work on that smaller screen would have increased difficulty and fatigue); she required that a webcam be set up at my remote office to monitor my work 24/7; she further required that I work in-house. After one week, she laid me off! I returned all the company’s equipment (printer, computer, wires, webcam), kept a professional attitude.

Interview Questions
  • A computer psychological test performed on old equipment.   View Answer
  • Are you willing to work remotely?   View Answer

Worked for U-Haul? Contribute to the Community!