U-Haul

Updated Dec 8, 2014
Updated Dec 8, 2014

1.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at U-Haul.

Applied online, showed my face a couple of days later to let the manager know who
    I was and to give him a proper introduction to put a face to my name. Called the job back shortly after that day and was told that I would receive a call for an interview if I were to be a prospect for the pos. Interviewed for the job in business attire and spoke with the manager about my availability as well as my former work like usual. Was myself through the whole thing. Manager seemed to get that I had sort of a handy and professional background/character and handed me shirt to work that week after asking if I would like to.

Interview Questions
    N/A just accepted offer since it was my first non-seasonal job

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at U-Haul.

You received a call they checked your pulse if you were alive you were put on the schedule with out regard to any abilities you had or didn't have, a warm body to fill a slot.

Interview Questions
    What negotiation, they pay about twenty cents over min wage as a rule.

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at U-Haul in November 2014.

Applied online on a Thursday and received a call from HR the next day. Was invited for an interview the following Monday and was told they would email me the address to go in for the interview. Never received the email. I had to call Monday morning to get the address of where to go! I then had to take a 12 minute test on the computer asking silly questions like what is the opposite of "x" word where 4 words were listed. Interview was a panel interview. Not many questions were asked and those that were presented were typical of my profession. They put a puzzle up on the dry erase bored and asked if I could solve it which was different from any other interview I've been on.

Interview Questions
    • Asking you to answer a puzzle. Box with 3 dots on each side and 1 dot in the middle and connect all the dots using only 4 lines.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U-Haul.

The interview process was fine. But, after an in-person interview I received an impersonal form letter decline that misspelled my name. After meeting with the interview panel in person, it would have been nice to have received a phone call or even an email from the recruiter. This would have made the process more personal.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at U-Haul.

Was recommended by a friend, visited the store with him and helped move some trailers before I got hired. They hired me on the spot, no real interview per say.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Once you are in orientation you take a program, if you fail the final test twice you lose your chance at the job. It isn't too hard though.   Answer Question
    They asked what I was payed at my other job and matched it.

Analytics Interview

Straightforward interview that consisted of two Skype interviews that lasted for about thirty minutes each; containing various questions and situational explorings. Examined by two hiring managers on two separate occasions, allowing opportunity to probe job responsibilities upon hire.

Interview Questions
    • Experience in group project you struggled with the most.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at U-Haul.

Hiring was smooth and simple. Straight to the point. Company needs people to work. So as long as you can work and listen, you have the job locked in. Get along with all your coworkers that is the main test.

Interview Questions
    • Can you work nights, rainy days? Do you have reliable transportation? Can you work holidays?   View Answer
    No negotiation besides your schedule.

Started As Work From Home Moving Help NOT SO! (Phoenix) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U-Haul.

REGARDING Work From Home Position:
    Applied for one position making $11 hourly...received a phone call a week later, stating the position is not available anymore, but was offered opportunity to interview for another position (Permanent/$11hr). Went to the Phoenix Downtown main headquarters for In-person interview as scheduled....completed an UNPROFESSIONAL/LAID BACK interview inside a cubicle. Recruiter had no idea what the position was about. Had to help her read the script . Was told the the ONLINE TRAINING from HOME class was filled. ....received a call a week later, stating an ONLINE TRAINING class was opening end of month for the same position....I accepted, went to a nearby Uhaul Store to complete my I-9 forms and Direct Deposit, of which I had to complete MYSELF (smh) and took a drug test (urine).

Once I received my NEW HIRE WELCOME EMAIL, I noticed it was for $8.50 hourly , not $11. I asked the Lead Recruiter about this..and was told that it was for another position (take it or leave it). I needed employment so I took it. I am very unhappy with their unprofessionalism.

This was not explained effectively.....

Interview Questions
    • No difficult question. Just ensure that you know how to answer questions about navigating from screen to screen, how to do screen shots, etc. Very LAID back and UNPROFESSIONAL   Answer Question
    I originally applied for E-Sales, then told the only Work From Home position available was E-Moving Help $11 hrly ....then after doing new hire paperwork, was told I am E-Customer Service $8.50 hrly. SMH!

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U-Haul in June 2014.

My interview was a face-to-face with the Lead System Engineer. I thought it went very well and the HR recruiter told me it went well because I asked to take a personality test right after the interview. After the test I was told to expect an offer letter by the end of the week. That day came and went with no offer or update.

I did reach out to them by phone twice and email twice. Neither one was answered. What's really upsetting is the fact I was told by the recruiter and the hiring manager that they would contact me if anything changed. I find this highly unprofessional especially from a company such as U-Haul. Its also unprofessional to tell someone to expect an offer if you do not intend to hire them. I understand if something changes but to not keep the candidate up to date isn't right.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the interview was spent going over my experience and military background.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U-Haul.

There was about two interviews that I went through. It was not that had at all. I had a couple of degree's also. It didn't seem to matter. I also felt to be discriminated against.

Interview Questions
    • While in upper management I realized just how crocked they are.   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate much at all.