U-Haul Interview Questions

Updated Mar 7, 2015

1.8

Customer Service Representative From Home Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at U-Haul in March 2015.

Applied online, got a call the next day. Went in for my interview the following day. The interview was easy and at the end the lady was asking what days off I would want and when I would like to start the training. She told me she would be getting in contact with me within 24 hours and 3 days have gone by and I haven't heard a thing. I've called to check on the status of my interview and they won't answer or return my phone calls. I was really excited because the last time I went in for the interview the guy basically said if you qualify we will call in the next two days, this girl was trying to get my schedule and everything and made it seem like I had it. I think it's kinda rude how they acted, they could of at least answered and told me yes or no on the job or what the issue was with my interview so that I could learn from it.

Interview Questions
    • How do you do a screen shot on a computer?   View Answer

Online Marketing Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online – interviewed at U-Haul.

Applied online. Received a call a few hours later and was scheduled for an in person interview within the week. First interview I had to take an aptitude test and met with an HR representative who told me more about the internship. She then forwarded my information along to the two managers I would have been working with. Once they wanted to meet with me the HR rep called me and scheduled a second interview with the two managers. The second interview was them telling me about the position and there was a lot of dialogue between me and them. The net day I received a call saying they would like to consider me for a different position that the one I originally applied for.

E-Sales & Reservation Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at U-Haul.

Interview was easy. She wanted an independant worker with sales experience and ability to type 20 words per minute. Focus was on the ability to self discipline. Needed to pass typing test and a test for locations of states and cities throughout the US. I knew I was hired when they asked for a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was the how does this job fit into my future plans.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at U-Haul.

Applied for the job on indeed.com,had to take a test after filling out the application. The next week I was called in for an interview. I was asked basic interview questions and then the hiring manager told me about the position and the company. He said that he was interviewing a few people and that if I received a call from him, I was hired. Called me within 2 days and offered me the job. One week of training.

Facility Housekeeping and Maintenance Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at U-Haul.

I went in and spoke to the current manager, filled out the application, took the preliminary test online and was hired on the spot that very day. I began working the next day.

There was no negotiation. I was told I would make 8.50 per hour to start.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at U-Haul.

Applied online, showed my face a couple of days later to let the manager know who
    I was and to give him a proper introduction to put a face to my name. Called the job back shortly after that day and was told that I would receive a call for an interview if I were to be a prospect for the pos. Interviewed for the job in business attire and spoke with the manager about my availability as well as my former work like usual. Was myself through the whole thing. Manager seemed to get that I had sort of a handy and professional background/character and handed me shirt to work that week after asking if I would like to.

Interview Questions
    N/A just accepted offer since it was my first non-seasonal job

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at U-Haul.

You received a call they checked your pulse if you were alive you were put on the schedule with out regard to any abilities you had or didn't have, a warm body to fill a slot.

Interview Questions
    What negotiation, they pay about twenty cents over min wage as a rule.

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at U-Haul in November 2014.

Applied online on a Thursday and received a call from HR the next day. Was invited for an interview the following Monday and was told they would email me the address to go in for the interview. Never received the email. I had to call Monday morning to get the address of where to go! I then had to take a 12 minute test on the computer asking silly questions like what is the opposite of "x" word where 4 words were listed. Interview was a panel interview. Not many questions were asked and those that were presented were typical of my profession. They put a puzzle up on the dry erase bored and asked if I could solve it which was different from any other interview I've been on.

Interview Questions
    • Asking you to answer a puzzle. Box with 3 dots on each side and 1 dot in the middle and connect all the dots using only 4 lines.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U-Haul.

The interview process was fine. But, after an in-person interview I received an impersonal form letter decline that misspelled my name. After meeting with the interview panel in person, it would have been nice to have received a phone call or even an email from the recruiter. This would have made the process more personal.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at U-Haul.

Was recommended by a friend, visited the store with him and helped move some trailers before I got hired. They hired me on the spot, no real interview per say.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Once you are in orientation you take a program, if you fail the final test twice you lose your chance at the job. It isn't too hard though.   Answer Question
    They asked what I was payed at my other job and matched it.