U-Haul Interview Questions in Phoenix, AZ

1.9

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Started As Work From Home Moving Help NOT SO! (Phoenix) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U-Haul.

REGARDING Work From Home Position:
    Applied for one position making $11 hourly...received a phone call a week later, stating the position is not available anymore, but was offered opportunity to interview for another position (Permanent/$11hr). Went to the Phoenix Downtown main headquarters for In-person interview as scheduled....completed an UNPROFESSIONAL/LAID BACK interview inside a cubicle. Recruiter had no idea what the position was about. Had to help her read the script . Was told the the ONLINE TRAINING from HOME class was filled. ....received a call a week later, stating an ONLINE TRAINING class was opening end of month for the same position....I accepted, went to a nearby Uhaul Store to complete my I-9 forms and Direct Deposit, of which I had to complete MYSELF (smh) and took a drug test (urine).

Once I received my NEW HIRE WELCOME EMAIL, I noticed it was for $8.50 hourly , not $11. I asked the Lead Recruiter about this..and was told that it was for another position (take it or leave it). I needed employment so I took it. I am very unhappy with their unprofessionalism.

This was not explained effectively.....

Interview Questions
    • No difficult question. Just ensure that you know how to answer questions about navigating from screen to screen, how to do screen shots, etc. Very LAID back and UNPROFESSIONAL   Answer Question
    I originally applied for E-Sales, then told the only Work From Home position available was E-Moving Help $11 hrly ....then after doing new hire paperwork, was told I am E-Customer Service $8.50 hrly. SMH!

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U-Haul in June 2014.

My interview was a face-to-face with the Lead System Engineer. I thought it went very well and the HR recruiter told me it went well because I asked to take a personality test right after the interview. After the test I was told to expect an offer letter by the end of the week. That day came and went with no offer or update.

I did reach out to them by phone twice and email twice. Neither one was answered. What's really upsetting is the fact I was told by the recruiter and the hiring manager that they would contact me if anything changed. I find this highly unprofessional especially from a company such as U-Haul. Its also unprofessional to tell someone to expect an offer if you do not intend to hire them. I understand if something changes but to not keep the candidate up to date isn't right.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the interview was spent going over my experience and military background.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U-Haul.

There was about two interviews that I went through. It was not that had at all. I had a couple of degree's also. It didn't seem to matter. I also felt to be discriminated against.

Interview Questions
    • While in upper management I realized just how crocked they are.   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate much at all.

Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U-Haul in March 2014.

Be prepared to take a Wonderlic test and an accounting test. I met with the former controller who was very generous with her time. Most of the interview was spent discussing the bulk of the job which appeared to be managing the staff. The location was easy to get to. Parking was free. The building was not fancy.

Interview Questions
    • The entire focus of the interview was on managing the staff. Perhaps my score on the Accounting test was poor and that was all there was left to talk about...not sure.   Answer Question

Staff Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at U-Haul in March 2014.

I applied online and received a phone call the next day. I was set-up for an interview the following day, attended the interview where I was asked to take an assessment. I met the supervisor interviewing me and I was offered the position via telephone the next day.

Interview Questions
    I didn't have to, the salary that was offered was fair

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at U-Haul in December 2013.

U-Haul has prospective employees take a Wonderlick Test and an online Personality Profile test. I'm pretty sure I got about a 95% on the Wonderlick. The Personality Profile Score was never told to me.

My first interview was a face-to-face with the Lead Designer. I thought that went well and the HR representative told me as much since I was soon scheduled for a phone interview with the department manager. That, too, went well (I thought). However, the morning after that 2nd interview I was told that I had to retake their computerized personality profile (they said there was a glitch of some sort the first time I took it).

Later that afternoon I received a message stating that they were not going to tender me an offer of employment.

Did I somehow screw up the phone interview with the manager? Did something pop up on the personality profile? There was certainly the possibility that I was, and I hate this term, over-qualified. Still - everything to that point indicated that they liked me and my skill-set.

I both called and sent an email to the HR representative I had been dealing with asking what happened - or better yet, what I might do differently in the future as I continue to interview elsewhere - and never received a response.

It was certainly an odd experience that I thought ended abruptly. What bothers me most was HRs refusal to return my call or follow-up email.

Interview Questions
    • I think the most difficult question was when I was asked about SaaS. At best I could say "I've heard of it" but had no experience.   Answer Question

Center Sales and Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at U-Haul in July 2013.

Business casual, bring drivers license and social security card with you. They hire on the spot for their work from home positions. Before the interview you will receive a link to test your computer speed, ping, etc. Your computer must have a hardwire connection (no wifi) and you must have your own USB headset.
    The interview is pretty straight forward and easy. Don't be discouraged by the number of people there to interview... They hire 150+ people every week. Be friendly and confident and you'll get the job.

Ecenter Sales & Reservations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U-Haul in March 2013.

You first have a phone interview and if that goes well you are called into the corporate office and meet with someone who goes over the job. After that if you do well you come back again and talk to two different people in a group environment. If they have any concerns they will call you aside to talk about them and or tell you that you aren't right for the job.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really, just make sure that you are available for any shift they tell you and at least one weekend day or you won't get the job.   View Answer

Reservation Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at U-Haul in January 2013.

applied online, got a request to email, scheduled an interview next day, scheduled second interview, was hired and went for training.

No negotiating

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at U-Haul in August 2012.

Tried to apply for the "work at home" CSR. Had to bring a copy of my Internet speed, download and upload, from a testing website they use to see if my computer qualified. Was unfortunately on the tail end of the summer busy season, so they were winding down and I missed the 6-week training period. Several months later they called to see if I was still interested in the winter push.

Interview Questions
    • What have you done to go out of your way or above and beyond to do something to make a customer happy.   Answer Question