U-Haul Interview Questions in Phoenix, AZ

Updated Jul 25, 2015

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at U-Haul (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

shes asked me into a room, and asked me about my computer, its seep, its server, and about my living situation since i was applying to work from home. she was direct yet friendly and was easy to talk to. you must know the computer questions to get the job but they are fairly easy

Customer Service Representative From Home Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at U-Haul (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a call the next day. Went in for my interview the following day. The interview was easy and at the end the lady was asking what days off I would want and when I would like to start the training. She told me she would be getting in contact with me within 24 hours and 3 days have gone by and I haven't heard a thing. I've called to check on the status of my interview and they won't answer or return my phone calls. I was really excited because the last time I went in for the interview the guy basically said if you qualify we will call in the next two days, this girl was trying to get my schedule and everything and made it seem like I had it. I think it's kinda rude how they acted, they could of at least answered and told me yes or no on the job or what the issue was with my interview so that I could learn from it.

Interview Questions

• How do you do a screen shot on a computer?   1 Answer

Work At Home Telephone Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at U-Haul (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

Online application, phone interview, drug test, also you will have to go into a u-haul show your I.D. The interview takes about 30min. over the phone, straight forward and clear. They will ask you about your resume please have that in front of you while you are having the interview just makes the process easier and smoother for both of you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Online Marketing Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at U-Haul (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Applied online. Received a call a few hours later and was scheduled for an in person interview within the week. First interview I had to take an aptitude test and met with an HR representative who told me more about the internship. She then forwarded my information along to the two managers I would have been working with. Once they wanted to meet with me the HR rep called me and scheduled a second interview with the two managers. The second interview was them telling me about the position and there was a lot of dialogue between me and them. The net day I received a call saying they would like to consider me for a different position that the one I originally applied for.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at U-Haul (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and followed up with a phone call. I was given a sit down interview and asked to do an evaluation of the property. A lot of situational questions. Interviewer asked about what I plan for my future.

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at U-Haul (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online on a Thursday and received a call from HR the next day. Was invited for an interview the following Monday and was told they would email me the address to go in for the interview. Never received the email. I had to call Monday morning to get the address of where to go! I then had to take a 12 minute test on the computer asking silly questions like what is the opposite of "x" word where 4 words were listed. Interview was a panel interview. Not many questions were asked and those that were presented were typical of my profession. They put a puzzle up on the dry erase bored and asked if I could solve it which was different from any other interview I've been on.

Interview Questions

• Asking you to answer a puzzle. Box with 3 dots on each side and 1 dot in the middle and connect all the dots using only 4 lines.   Answer Question

Started As Work From Home Moving Help NOT SO! (Phoenix) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U-Haul (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

REGARDING Work From Home Position: Applied for one position making $11 hourly...received a phone call a week later, stating the position is not available anymore, but was offered opportunity to interview for another position (Permanent/$11hr). Went to the Phoenix Downtown main headquarters for In-person interview as scheduled....completed an UNPROFESSIONAL/LAID BACK interview inside a cubicle. Recruiter had no idea what the position was about. Had to help her read the script . Was told the the ONLINE TRAINING from HOME class was filled. ....received a call a week later, stating an ONLINE TRAINING class was opening end of month for the same position....I accepted, went to a nearby Uhaul Store to complete my I-9 forms and Direct Deposit, of which I had to complete MYSELF (smh) and took a drug test (urine). Once I received my NEW HIRE WELCOME EMAIL, I noticed it was for $8.50 hourly , not $11. I asked the Lead Recruiter about this..and was told that it was for another position (take it or leave it). I needed employment so I took it. I am very unhappy with their unprofessionalism. This was not explained effectively.....

Interview Questions

• No difficult question. Just ensure that you know how to answer questions about navigating from screen to screen, how to do screen shots, etc. Very LAID back and UNPROFESSIONAL   Answer Question

Negotiation

I originally applied for E-Sales, then told the only Work From Home position available was E-Moving Help $11 hrly ....then after doing new hire paperwork, was told I am E-Customer Service $8.50 hrly. SMH!

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U-Haul (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2014.

Interview

My interview was a face-to-face with the Lead System Engineer. I thought it went very well and the HR recruiter told me it went well because I asked to take a personality test right after the interview. After the test I was told to expect an offer letter by the end of the week. That day came and went with no offer or update. I did reach out to them by phone twice and email twice. Neither one was answered. What's really upsetting is the fact I was told by the recruiter and the hiring manager that they would contact me if anything changed. I find this highly unprofessional especially from a company such as U-Haul. Its also unprofessional to tell someone to expect an offer if you do not intend to hire them. I understand if something changes but to not keep the candidate up to date isn't right.

Interview Questions

• Most of the interview was spent going over my experience and military background.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U-Haul (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

There was about two interviews that I went through. It was not that had at all. I had a couple of degree's also. It didn't seem to matter. I also felt to be discriminated against.

Interview Questions

• While in upper management I realized just how crocked they are.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate much at all.

Staff Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at U-Haul (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call the next day. I was set-up for an interview the following day, attended the interview where I was asked to take an assessment. I met the supervisor interviewing me and I was offered the position via telephone the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't have to, the salary that was offered was fair