U-Line Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2015

2.8

Facilities Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U-Line (Auburn, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

4 different tests on line you have to have completed before first interview. Two different timed test when you arrive before interview. one is a sequential test, other is solving math problems as quickly as possible. Did not meet with anyone associated with the facilities department. Person doing the interview said not to get into details about the position because they would not understand what I was talking.

Interview Questions

• Questions were vague and not really associated with the position I applied for.   1 Answer

Distribution Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at U-Line (Auburn, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a combination phone interview first followed up with an in person interview in the office. It was a 2 person interview in the office. There was in house testing done prior to the in person interview

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukegan, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U-Line (Waukegan, IL) in March 2010.

Interview

Before the in-person interview there is a personality test, Myers-Briggs test and a writing test. The day of the interview the receptionist facilitated 2 additional timed tests and then all candidates are given a sales test regardless of the position applied for. The interview with the HR personnel consisted of an individual asking questions from a form and writing down answers. The HR individual cannot answer any specific questions regarding the open position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at U-Line in December 2014.

Interview

First, you are required to complete 4 tests - personality, sales style, aptitude and writing test. Second - Phone interview - mine was skipped over to in-person interview. Third round - interviewed by an HR representative and had to do an in-person number sequence and number matching tests. Background check as well.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any future plans for education. Please explain your last sales job. How would you cold call our next door neighbour (Loblaws?) Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U-Line (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

It was interesting to say the least. All sorts of personality testing etc... was required. Quite frankly, the types of questions asked indicated to me a very bizarrely regimented work environment. Personally, I think that this organization will attract very "by the book" types of employees and not anyone that will bring anything new to the table... and that's fine. U-Line has a system that seems to work; it's just not for me.

Interview Questions

• The in-person interview with the recruiter was fairly standard. Nothing difficult.   1 Answer

Risk Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U-Line in June 2009.

Interview

Received the interview request after applying for the position through CareerBuilders. After an initial phone screen I visited the facility for a 1 on 1 interview. This was proceeded by a battery of tests focused on skills from Sales and Customer Service to alphabetizing and basic arithmetic. The interview was with an HR professional and it went well. Unfortunately they decided to go with another candidate. The declination was provide via a do not reply e-mail. The position had been advertised for nearly a year and after the interview continued to be advertised for a year.

Interview Questions

• There were no interesting or unusual questions, just basic information gathering, behavioral and skill related questions.   Answer Question