U.S. Bank

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank in November 2010.

Interview Details – Branch Manager recruited me and we had a 5 minute interview. District and Regional Ops managers interviewed next. Offer was made within a few days, in writing.

Interview Question – All questions are scenario related. EG : Have you ever had an unhappy customer? What was the situation, how did you handle it, and what was the outcome.....   View Answer

Negotiation Details – A written offer, with little to no negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at U.S. Bank in November 2008.

Interview Details – My interview was done over the phone because I lived out of state. Very easy, interviewed with the manager and then with the district manager.

Interview Question – Most questions were about sales. Not very interested in me as a person and my personality and how I interact with other. SALES, SALES, SALES!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations - take what they offer or walk away.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at U.S. Bank in November 2011.

Interview Details – Met the recruiters at a university career fair. They were not allowed to give out business cards, but I obviously made an impression after handing in my resume since I was contacted before I even applied.The interview was through the phone. It was a while since my last interview, so I didn't really prepare myself, and I made my fair share of fatal errors. Didn't get a 2nd round, but didn't really mind since they were obviously looking for someone with a higher grade point average.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time where you experienced great customer service.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank in July 2009.

Interview Details – Initially intervgiewed with branch manager. The intervew lasted about 45 minutes. Questions were common, such as tell me about a difficult customer and how you handled it. Sales questions about sales goals in the past and how you feel about sales and out bound ales activity. About an hour after this interview the assistant to the DM called me to schedule an interview the following week. This interview was purely management behavioral questions. How you would react to difficult employees, or customers. As well as tell me what you usually did in a day at previous job. I got nervous and did not expand on my answers. I believe this is why I did not get an offer.

Interview Question – What was your average day like at previous employer?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank in September 2011.

Interview Details – phone, 1 on 1, 1 on 1 with dm

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – NO

Interviews for Top Jobs at U.S. Bank

Worked for U.S. Bank? Contribute to the Community!

U.S. Bank Videos

U.S. Bank – Why Work for Us?

About U.S. Bank You're considering a career with one of the most admired, reputable and strongest banks in the United States. By focusing on integrity, putting customers first and continually innovating, we're… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at U.S. Bank Assistant Manager interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by U.S. Bank employees and interview candidates.