U.S. Bank Bank Teller Interview Questions

Updated Mar 12, 2015
Updated Mar 12, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank in October 2014.

There was one in-person interview and then I was hired about three weeks after the interview. The interview was casual with the Branch Manager and Assistant Manager. They were more concerned with gauging my personality and how I would fit in with their current employees than they were with my previous banking experience, which was a plus for me since this was my first job in banking. They also cared that I was very interested in the position and asked lots of questions about the position to make sure it was a good fit for me.

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Bank Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

To prepare for an interview for a bank teller position, it is important to have an understanding of the job and its responsibilities. Common questions asked on such interviews would be about the applicant's experience in the field of banking and knowledge in computer applications. It will also help to learn a little background about the company.

Interview Questions
    • Bank tellers deal with large sums of money and process multiple transactions throughout the day.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank in September 2011.

In order to be hired, you have to fill out the online application. Once selected for interview, i met with the branch manager, the manager's assistant, and the head teller. They asked me a variety of questions. They were actually a bit tougher than I had expected. The one that stuck me a bit was, "How have you disappointed someone in a past position, and how did you fix it?" Overall, it seemed the two big things they were looking for were honesty and cash handling experience. Then, there was an interview with another branch manager (just to ascertain that I was a good fit). Then, finally, after I was offered the position, there was a Gallup test with their recruiter. All in all, it was a very bureacratic process - too many steps and run-arounds for such a basic position.

Interview Questions
    • How have you disappointed a past employer? What did you to fix the situation?   Answer Question