U.S. Bank Bank Teller Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

In order to be hired, you have to fill out the online application. Once selected for interview, i met with the branch manager, the manager's assistant, and the head teller. They asked me a variety of questions. They were actually a bit tougher than I had expected. The one that stuck me a bit was, "How have you disappointed someone in a past position, and how did you fix it?" Overall, it seemed the two big things they were looking for were honesty and cash handling experience. Then, there was an interview with another branch manager (just to ascertain that I was a good fit). Then, finally, after I was offered the position, there was a Gallup test with their recruiter. All in all, it was a very bureacratic process - too many steps and run-arounds for such a basic position.

Interview Questions

• How have you disappointed a past employer? What did you to fix the situation?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Eugene, OR) in October 2014.

Interview

There was one in-person interview and then I was hired about three weeks after the interview. The interview was casual with the Branch Manager and Assistant Manager. They were more concerned with gauging my personality and how I would fit in with their current employees than they were with my previous banking experience, which was a plus for me since this was my first job in banking. They also cared that I was very interested in the position and asked lots of questions about the position to make sure it was a good fit for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2013.

Interview

Got a call from the Teller Supervisor to set up an interview. Went to the branch and sat down with them for roughly 20 minutes discussing responsibilities and duties with my prior banking experience. Got a call a few days later with an offer and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your responsibilities with _____ Credit Union   Answer Question

Negotiation

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

I had two interviews. The first one was with the Teller Supervisor, who just asked me about myself and what to expect from the job. The second interview was conducted by the Manager. Both interviews were pretty standard.

Interview Questions

• They will ask the standard corporate interview questions, such as "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?", and "Why do you think you'd be good for this job?"   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

The manager walked me around the grocery store where the bank was located discussing the involvement of soliciting customers. We then sat down for a formal interview to discuss the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that is relevant to this open position?   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

To prepare for an interview for a bank teller position, it is important to have an understanding of the job and its responsibilities. Common questions asked on such interviews would be about the applicant's experience in the field of banking and knowledge in computer applications. It will also help to learn a little background about the company.

Interview Questions

• Bank tellers deal with large sums of money and process multiple transactions throughout the day.   Answer Question