U.S. Bank Banker Interview Questions & Reviews

2.4

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I interviewed online - interviewed at U.S. Bank.

One branch took over 3 weeks to make a decision and had 2 interviews, scheduled a third then called and cancelled it because they picked someone else (who lasted about 6 months), former branch I worked at interviewed me, had a phone interview a few days later and hired me that day...had 3 interviews to transfer branches

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Banker Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Met hiring manager beforehand, then had an in person interview followed by a phone interview with District Manager. Eventually after a month was made an offer via phone call and was asked to come in for finger printing and application at the main office.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when I handled a difficult customer -- how to diffuse situation   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at U.S. Bank in January 2010.

The company asks a lot of behavioral questions. They want you to think of specific examples that you have experienced. They also have a HUGE focus on customer service, so drawing from those examples will help. Also, being very competitive helps and showing that in your interview. They want someone that is competitive and aggressive to get sales, they also would like to see from your past job experience in sales and your numbers and what your goals were and if you met/exceeded them.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you experienced a difficult customer, what did you do? Also, how did the experience with the customer end?   Answer Question
    I would always ask for more. They will try to underpay you and pay you the bare minimum. Take a look at the salary grade and figure out what the midpoint is and ask them to pay you at least at the midpoint.

Banker Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at U.S. Bank in February 2011.

Basic interview, you could tell the person interview was doing an interview for the first time. She has no idea what to ask plus was not clear about what questions to ask. She was given a set of questions on a paper in where she had to ask 5 questions only.

Banker Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank in September 2009.

Applied online and was called one week later, I interviewed with my prospective Branch Manager and was asked about my previous sales experience. Follow up interviews with district officers were conducted over the phone, clarifying company values and goals. A very pleasant experience. I received an offer via telephone one week after the phone interviews, and was invited to my first day several weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • In these difficult financial times, many people look to large banks as the "Bad Guys" , what drove you to pursue employment in the financial sector?   Answer Question

Banker Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank in June 2010.

I was contacted by phone after applying online. The experience has been very good so far. First had a one-on-one with the branch manager. Got called back for a 2nd interview with the district manager. Both interviews went very well and both interviewers were extremely professional and friendly. I now have an appointment with a 3rd person. Hopefully this will result in either an offer or further career exploration.

Interview Questions

Worked for U.S. Bank? Contribute to the Community!