U.S. Bank

Relevance Date Difficulty

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview Details – Very laid back and friendly, met with 5 different people, mostly behavioral questions with one critical thinking question tossed in the mix.

Structured Finance Analyst Interview

Structured Finance Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank in January 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR, in person interview- lasting 2 to 3 hours, with 3 to 4 different interviewers

Interview Question – Typical behavioral interview, tell me about a time when... xyz. Do your standard behavioral interview prep and you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They are pretty firm on base salary, and previous experience is truly irrelevant in negotiations.

Finance Director Interview

Finance Director
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at U.S. Bank in May 2012.

Interview Details – Intial HR phone screen focused on reasons for being interested in the role and to evaluate communications skills. This was followed by a phone interview with the hiring director. Next step was on site interviews with three different finance directors - standard resume based and behavioral based questions. This was followed by a separate call back for a inyerview with the CFO. Questions more around fir and interests. Contingent offer subject to background check.

Interview Question – 5 year career goal and how you plan to make an impact.   Answer Question

CDO Portfolio Analyst Interview

CDO Portfolio Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at U.S. Bank in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applied Online, received a call within a week to meet with them. Did not realize I would be meeting with 4 VP's. Basically they ran down my resume various times. I'm recent grad so they asked why Economics? and wanted to see how much I knew about CDOs and CLOs. Mostly behavioral questions.
Overall interview lasted over an hour.

Interview Question – Do you know what a CDO is and can you explain it?   Answer Question

Universal Banker Interview

Universal Banker
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at U.S. Bank in October 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online after finding the job posting on their website. Was contacted three days later by the branch manager who set up an interview for the following week. The manager was very personable, asking the standard personality and situational questions and having me do a short, informal roleplay involving selling a pen. I left with a good feeling about the position and was contacted a few days later for a second interview, this time with a regional manager. This interview was mostly painless, and was more of a conversation about the specific expectations of the role. I think he just wanted to see that I had the right personality and mindset, as he was very easy going and personable. Literally three hours after the interview, I received a call from HR extending me an offer. Was given a hire date and scheduled for fingerprinting and cleared for background check (no drug test).

Interview Question – Similar to most other bank interview questions I had. Just have some answers for times with a difficult customer, times you gave superior customer service, and times you overcame specific objections to close the sale. As far as the roleplay, just make sure you ask a few qualifying questions before you improvise a sales pitch.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The branch manager asked my salary expectation during the initial interview, which she presumably forwarded to HR. My actual offer was .50/hr less than what I had asked for, but in line with salaries posted on glassdoor so I accepted without further negotiation.

Registered Sales Assistant Interview

Registered Sales Assistant
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at U.S. Bank in June 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process for US Bancorp was not professional. I interviewed with the Regional Manager that went very well but, once the interview was over, the regional manager informed me that someone from HR would contact me within the next week. It was two months later that I heard back from the company and an offer was made. Not only was the offer less than what the Regional Manager stated and agreed upon and when I asked about the salary discussed and agreeded upon, he informed me that he would rectify it within three days, which was not the case.

Interview Question – Why do you want this position with your background?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The terms discussed and agreed upon where not the terms that were offered in the offer letter.

Branch Manager Interview

Branch Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at U.S. Bank in January 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted withing an hour of posting my resume and finding the job opening through career builder website. They were looking for a bilingual candidate. The HR recruited asked me questions in english and then unexpectedly told me because the job required a second language that he was going to ask me questions in the particular language. I passed that interview and I was sent to interview with the area manager. One week after the interview I received an email that I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

Customer Service Manager Interview

Customer Service Manager
Chicago, IL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank in May 2009.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of explaining plenty of times of when you lead and how you can lead. They also are big on sales goals. If for some reason you are not the type to sale anything or be carefully scoped by sales goals then this job isn't for you. The interview process for a new hire is extensive and depending on the District Mgr, it can be very time consuming..

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave your current position or transfer? Asking the question 1 too many times.   View Answer

Worked for U.S. Bank? Contribute to the Community!