U.S. Bank Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview and then a few weeks later was asked to come in for an in-person interview. I met with three different analysts for 20-50 minutes each. The first interview was the longest and consisted mostly of me talking about my resume and what I wanted to achieve in the position. The second focused mainly on my past experiences and how I see myself progressing in the next 5-10 years. The last consisted mostly of HR overview and final questions that I had.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years personally and professionally?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through a virtual job board. I was contacted within a week to conduct an on-campus interview. The next day I was contacted to come into the Chicago office. I was interviewed by three different managers over the course of 2 hours. They asked me very basic situational questions.

Interview Questions

• What are two of your strengths/weaknesses?
      What is your proudest accomplishment?

Answer Question

Project Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Chicago, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

standard banking process interview. 3 phone interviews, followed by a trip to Chicago and 2 full days of around the office introductions and interviews. Everyone was friendly, all in all a great experience and major factor on deiciding to accept the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your leadership style   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very laid back and friendly, met with 5 different people, mostly behavioral questions with one critical thinking question tossed in the mix.

Business Banking Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

I had 5 interviews plus the Gallup interview. The overall process took about 30 days from application to the official job offer in writing. I'd describe the process as average for the job and industry.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a time where you made a mistake, and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Teller I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Chicago, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

Quick and easy . Email you step by step. Took less than a month. Was offered a different position than what I had applied to because of my banking and retail experience .

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a upset customer ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Asked for a higher pay and they agreed because of my experience

CDO Asset Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Chicago, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

Contacted by a temp agency, went in for an interview heard back within 30 min that they wanted me. Was interviewed by two people. Was in my new position about a week or week and a half post interview.

Interview Questions

• No technical questions all situational. Example, tell me about a time you had a rough situation at work and how you handled it.   1 Answer

CDO Portfolio Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at U.S. Bank (Chicago, IL) in July 2013.

Interview

Applied Online, received a call within a week to meet with them. Did not realize I would be meeting with 4 VP's. Basically they ran down my resume various times. I'm recent grad so they asked why Economics? and wanted to see how much I knew about CDOs and CLOs. Mostly behavioral questions.
    Overall interview lasted over an hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Chicago, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, in person interview- lasting 2 to 3 hours, with 3 to 4 different interviewers

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral interview, tell me about a time when... xyz. Do your standard behavioral interview prep and you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They are pretty firm on base salary, and previous experience is truly irrelevant in negotiations.

Universal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Chicago, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied online after finding the job posting on their website. Was contacted three days later by the branch manager who set up an interview for the following week. The manager was very personable, asking the standard personality and situational questions and having me do a short, informal roleplay involving selling a pen. I left with a good feeling about the position and was contacted a few days later for a second interview, this time with a regional manager. This interview was mostly painless, and was more of a conversation about the specific expectations of the role. I think he just wanted to see that I had the right personality and mindset, as he was very easy going and personable. Literally three hours after the interview, I received a call from HR extending me an offer. Was given a hire date and scheduled for fingerprinting and cleared for background check (no drug test).

Interview Questions

• Similar to most other bank interview questions I had. Just have some answers for times with a difficult customer, times you gave superior customer service, and times you overcame specific objections to close the sale. As far as the roleplay, just make sure you ask a few qualifying questions before you improvise a sales pitch.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The branch manager asked my salary expectation during the initial interview, which she presumably forwarded to HR. My actual offer was .50/hr less than what I had asked for, but in line with salaries posted on glassdoor so I accepted without further negotiation.