U.S. Bank Credit Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Dec 27, 2014

3.1

Credit Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at U.S. Bank in December 2014.

Interview

This was really interesting. I was told that this position has been posted since the beginning of 2014. I applied online in August and did not hear anything until October. The human resources recruiter made the initial contact with me via telephone. It was an impromptu phone interview to screen me and see if I met the basic qualifications, so be ready. After that, I did not hear from U.S. Bank until November. That is when the hiring manager reached out to me to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview lasted an hour and was more for her to get to know me. Not really hard questions. Then a few weeks later, the hiring manager reached out to me again, this time to schedule an in-person interview. The in-person interview was with her as well as both her boss and the initial human resources recruiter, both were located remotely and attended the interview via teleconference. This interview was very situational and the hiring manager was following a script already prepared with questions and recording my answers. This interview lasted over an hour and I was told that they would let me know before Christmas. Two weeks later, I found out I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when someone asked you to do something that did not follow proper policy or procedure or a situation when you were asked to do something unethical.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. The offer was really great!

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Credit Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

Process took a while. It was about 3 weeks. I made it to the final round didn't get the job because I lacked the desired experience. First was a phone interview, then a panel interview. Questions in each very similar. Great interview process,interviewers were friendly and wanted you to succeed. The only thing bad thing I have to say is it took a long time to hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions nothing to catch you off guard   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Lawrence, KS).

Interview

Multiple interview process. Initial meeting with Credit Manager and Market Presidents. The second round consists of meeting with Regional President and a Peer Interview with analysts.

Interview Questions

• Name something you have failed at, and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was through HR.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubuque, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Dubuque, IA) in May 2012.

Interview

As an internal applicant, I met with the hiring manager for roughly an hour and then sat with our Senior credit officer for a second meeting. I found out later that their was over 5 internal candidates that made it to the second interview. The process took roughly 5 weeks due to vacations being scheduled by the hiring managers as well as the timing it takes for the position to become approved their our HR.

Interview Questions

• They asked many questions about my accounting background as well as my ability to work by myself with little direction.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The hiring manager was not willing to negotiate. She saad that they were presenting their best and final offer as their initial offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Eugene, OR) in April 2012.

Interview

- Did not receive an initial contact until about 2 months after I applied
    - 2 interviews about a week apart, one with the credit manager and the next with the credit manager and his supervisor (senior division credit manager)
    - First interview was somewhat casual. I was asked about my educational background and experience. No questions other than the boiler plate questions, it seemed like the manager just wanted to know my experiences.
    - Second interview was a little more serious. Senior credit manager asked about how I would approach analyzing a company's financial state and how much I knew about accounting (ie what classes I took and dealing with accounting in my prior work experience).
    - Heard back about one week later about their decision

Interview Questions

• Which items do you look at in financial statements to determine the financial health of a company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at U.S. Bank (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2011.

Interview

Met two different times for interview.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a difficult person unwilling to make a payment or set up payment plan.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offered starting dates and starting salary.

Anonymous Employee in Lawrence, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at U.S. Bank (Lawrence, KS) in October 2010.

Interview

The interview was with the hiring manager plus 3 other people

Interview Questions

• Describe your highest achievement in your career so far   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

Applied online, got a call to schedule a phone interview. Interview was very experience based questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a project that needed a great amount of attention to detail and what did the data reveal.   1 Answer

Credit Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at U.S. Bank in May 2010.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a week later by a senior credit analyst. Most of the questions revolved around the types of commercial credit I had experience with. The interviewer was the team member who was leaving the group and whose position I would fill. The interviewer seemed preoccupied with the pending relocation. About a week later a received a phone call from the group manager but when I called back the manager was too busy to call back and promised to call back within 30 minutes. The manager did not call back and when I emailed to set up an appointment I received back an "Out of Office" message. Not very professional or courteous!

Interview Questions

• What types of commercial credits have you underwritten?   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at U.S. Bank in January 2009.

Interview

intial email followed by phone interview and the met the manager and another manager in the group followed by one more site interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, regarding business process, last job   Answer Question