U.S. Bank

Updated Apr 27, 2014

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Lawrence, KS

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at U.S. Bank in October 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was with the hiring manager plus 3 other people

Interview Question – Describe your highest achievement in your career so far   Answer Question

Credit Analyst

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at U.S. Bank in January 2009.

Interview Details – intial email followed by phone interview and the met the manager and another manager in the group followed by one more site interview

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself, regarding business process, last job   Answer Question

Eugene, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at U.S. Bank in April 2012.

Interview Details – - Did not receive an initial contact until about 2 months after I applied
- 2 interviews about a week apart, one with the credit manager and the next with the credit manager and his supervisor (senior division credit manager)
- First interview was somewhat casual. I was asked about my educational background and experience. No questions other than the boiler plate questions, it seemed like the manager just wanted to know my experiences.
- Second interview was a little more serious. Senior credit manager asked about how I would approach analyzing a company's financial state and how much I knew about accounting (ie what classes I took and dealing with accounting in my prior work experience).
- Heard back about one week later about their decision

Interview Question – Which items do you look at in financial statements to determine the financial health of a company?   View Answer

Dubuque, IA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank in May 2012.

Interview Details – As an internal applicant, I met with the hiring manager for roughly an hour and then sat with our Senior credit officer for a second meeting. I found out later that their was over 5 internal candidates that made it to the second interview. The process took roughly 5 weeks due to vacations being scheduled by the hiring managers as well as the timing it takes for the position to become approved their our HR.

Interview Question – They asked many questions about my accounting background as well as my ability to work by myself with little direction.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The hiring manager was not willing to negotiate. She saad that they were presenting their best and final offer as their initial offer.

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at U.S. Bank in January 2011.

Interview Details – Met two different times for interview.

Interview Question – How would I handle a difficult person unwilling to make a payment or set up payment plan.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offered starting dates and starting salary.

Credit Analyst

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at U.S. Bank in May 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted a week later by a senior credit analyst. Most of the questions revolved around the types of commercial credit I had experience with. The interviewer was the team member who was leaving the group and whose position I would fill. The interviewer seemed preoccupied with the pending relocation. About a week later a received a phone call from the group manager but when I called back the manager was too busy to call back and promised to call back within 30 minutes. The manager did not call back and when I emailed to set up an appointment I received back an "Out of Office" message. Not very professional or courteous!

Interview Question – What types of commercial credits have you underwritten?   Answer Question

Credit Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview Details – Process took a while. It was about 3 weeks. I made it to the final round didn't get the job because I lacked the desired experience. First was a phone interview, then a panel interview. Questions in each very similar. Great interview process,interviewers were friendly and wanted you to succeed. The only thing bad thing I have to say is it took a long time to hear back from them.

Interview Question – Basic interview questions nothing to catch you off guard   Answer Question

Lawrence, KS

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview Details – Multiple interview process. Initial meeting with Credit Manager and Market Presidents. The second round consists of meeting with Regional President and a Peer Interview with analysts.

Interview Question – Name something you have failed at, and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was through HR.

Credit Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a call to schedule a phone interview. Interview was very experience based questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had a project that needed a great amount of attention to detail and what did the data reveal.   View Answer

Worked for U.S. Bank? Contribute to the Community!